It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics induce vomitting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Obama Leads

I've seen it before. And I'll say it right here, right now. No matter what either of the these mainstream candidates say or promise, once they are elected, they will do exactly the opposite to appease their corporate bedfellows and puppet masters. It has happened with every single President I can remember. When you vote, you just vote for more of the same. It makes me sick to think that people buy into this bullsh*t, when there are candidates out there who truly DO want to make a difference. Two quite distinguished gentlemen are Paul and Kucinich. One of them will be getting my vote in November. I will not vote on what has been forced down our throats. And any of you who do vote for the status quo should be ashamed, because you're only presenting yourself as part of the problem by enabling it.
In 4 years, I'll come back here, and I will gladly say, "I told you so." And that is IF, we have the freedoms left to do that, or if our species is even here in 4 years. When you're running downhill, there are so many variables that can cause a catastrophic free fall, that it's hard to say what our future holds. But if you look at the past, you can easily see that by voting for the Status Quo, you're just voting to repeat history.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Oreyeon]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
S+F
Yeah the secret's out.
Don't feel so bad.It's the same in every world political field.

People vote for crooks and then wonder why they get robbed.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Out of respect for Paul and Kucinich I would never vote for them.
Simply because when honest presidents try to "rock the boat" and cause real change, they get assassinated like Kennedy.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

well sed ashamedamerican. It's not like our votes matter anyway though. As far as i know, every single citizen of this country could vote for ron paul and he would still not be president if he didn't receive votes from the electoral college. :shk:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well I can't say I disagree with any of you. Kucinich and Paul are respectable and should be commended for their efforts. Unfortunately neither of them have a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected and so I have to vote for Obama who I see as the best hope out the two major parties. I am not ashamed, just realistic and fearful of 4 more years of Bush.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
On Principal of the Matter alone, neither Obama or McCain will be getting my vote. I will vote for Kucinich or Paul. I will not submit to these crooks. Rest assured, whoever gets elected between the two, we're in for another 4 years of Hell, maybe more. There is no way that either of these two will make good on any of their promises. It's banter, used to hypnotize the idiots in this idiocracy.

new topics

top topics

join