It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Close-up Images of the Sun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Indeed amazing pictures that make us look our beloved sun at a different way.

It's still unbelievable that the surface is that hot.

Now I can finally stare into the sun all day

Thanks for sharing, S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

First of all, thankyou OP, I have saved to my comp, excellent and amazing find.

N_T, I LOVE the animation in your post should have a million stars, go figure huh? IT would make an incredible avatar with something along the lines of ATS THE HOTTEST CONSPIRACY SITE ON THE WWW AND BEYOND!

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Great link.

I was stunned, amazed, and in awe. The best photos ever. And they reminded me that I am just a tiny balloon of carbon in a sea of giants.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thank you all so much for the positive response to my first post on here. I hope to provide many more that will capture the imagination. These images are just awe inspiring and capture my imagination like nothing before. Perhaps it is because we can not stare directly at the sun, perhaps it is because we have the technology to take such images; nonetheless, I am still stunned 48 hours after first coming across them. Simply put, those images are living art in nature. Some of them remind me of crackling embers of a cold, late night campfire, as the last flames vanish into the heat.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing those wonderful images.. keep up the good work

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
reply to post by adrenochrome

Imagine how thick mercury atmosphere would be for human to survive there.

Anyway, I agree with what you just said, but I thought space was neither cold nor hot.

In any case, our solar system should be really hot, since the sun composes 90 % of it; since space has not atmosphere to filter the heat of the sun, it should be really hot out there, instead of cold.

Did the astronaut have a heating system or a cooling system installed in their suits?

Anyways, these are just things that I think about. Space being cold, or at least, our solar system...what happen to the heat waves from the sun before they get here? because they do get here, don't they? Do they turn cold while traveling all the way here and then turn back hot as they enter our atmosphere?

Since space is a virtual vacuum, there is not much out there to "get heated up". The energy from the sun needs to act on a molecule to "heat it up". Since there is nothing (very few molcules) in space to get heated up, space is considered "cold".

Therefore space itself can be called "cold" -- but objects (like an astronaut) in direct sunlight can get hot -- and conversely objects in the shade stay cold.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is some intense photography! Nice find. We should have camera's like this on all the planets so we can investigate its attributes and other properties. It makes you think why NASA or the Government dont fund this sort of thing!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Great post!! One of the best set of photos I have ever seen!!

Truly mind boggling the amount of power it contains and the capacity it holds.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

wait.. I think I saw a flame that looks like a face!

And there.. a flame that looks like a huminoid!

Is that the letter "D"?

The Sun is INHABITED!!!

OMG!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
beautiful photos, thanks for the link to that page, it is really great stuff. Its a shame we cant get perfect clear photos like that of a UFO

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Brilliant pictures.

Thank you for providing them for us to see!

the more you know!...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Found a site that is quite cool and is very relavant to this thread...hope you all enjoy.

thesuninmotion.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow, I can hardly believe that's even the sun. I wonder how these pictures were even possible. Great post.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thanks for share these amzing images. Did you also check out their lunar eclipse and Mars images ? Their so brilliant !!!. Best source for images i did see so far...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Those are some amazing photos! "Fluid" waves of flame and cold spot on the surface. Very interesting!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Brilliant find and many thanks for sharing

Such infinite beauty and unimagineable power in the universe....I find it almost impossible to put to words. Awesome hardly descibes it.

[edit on 10/17/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My apoligies Mod. I was vage for sure. What i was hoping to put together for the thread is to look at his avatar and see the square shape making a circle. Now if you take that shape and spin it 719* deg it would look like a full circle to the eye. It has been put forth that a sun is acutally a large combustion engine that sucks in particals from the 1* deg that is not painted by the rotating squar. Its hard to get it but the other factor here is the right angles of the square produce drag [see any aroedinamics data).
Because the spin is fast [do not know how fast] friction is produced at the right angles and causes combustion of the particales that are being sucked into the poles. To prove this is impossible with out actually getting close enough to the poles to see inside.
The biggest scap of evidance that this theroy may be true is the fact that in our solar system no planets formed circling the poles of the sun. If they did they would be sucked in to the poles.
Until we can study other solar systems to see if they all form according to this theroy, it remains just that, a theroy.
K.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I feel the need to ask this,

Why is it that 'amazing' up close photos of the sun are just accepted,
where as 'amazing' photos of UFOs are automatically scrutinized?

Who is to say that those photos of the sun are not real?
and that they were not just created (albeit skillfully) on a computer somewhere?

Not saying that is my personal opinion, but i would like to understand the mindset of ATS goers

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Amazing stuff. Unreal how that constant explosion keeps itself in one place. Thanks!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join