It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Close-up Images of the Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hey folks, I found this page and was just stunned to see the detail of the pics. Follow the link to take a peak.

www.boston.com...

Enjoy!

Edited to add a couple of images

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Aggie Man]

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Excellent and amazing photos and animation. Thanks much for bringing these here.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thank you for that. Those are some amazing photos. Kind of bogles the mind doesn't it. Be nice to have that kind of camera focused down on Mars wouldn't it? Then we wouldn't have to guess......

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wow! Those are absolutely stunning! Thank you for bringing these pictures to our attention. S&F for that. I've never seen such awesome pictures of the sun before. I know I'll be checking in from time to time just to click the link again and have another look. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Fantastic pics!

Star and flag for the post, it's very nice!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ooh wow! very interesting!! thanks so much!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Just like static sky said, wow. First thing that came into my mind. Thanks for sharing. As an ignoramous, can anyone give a real quick answer as to what exactly is going on in the pics?

ColoradoJens

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Just like static sky said, wow. First thing that came into my mind. Thanks for sharing. As an ignoramous, can anyone give a real quick answer as to what exactly is going on in the pics?

ColoradoJens

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

There is a brief 2 to 3 sentence at the bottom of each pic that describes what is going on. At least I see them when I follow the link above.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Awesome pics mate. Thanks for finding and showing them to us.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
thank you!!!

the surface looks plasmic! there is depth and texture. sometimes just when ATS is falling own the pit of misery, a post like this comes around and puts things in perspective. we all come from that ball of turmoil. oceans of rolling living plasma. i am inspired.

Nonquam Dormio....never sleeping....

our sun, never sleeping. always watching. the ALL SEERE.....

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thank you. Every know and then we need a healthy dose of awe in our lives.

Great contribution!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Great pics. Thank you so much for sharing. The sun must be the most awesome thing in the entire universe, yet most of the time, we take it for granted.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

Your Avatar gives a clue as to what is going on .
Cheers.
K.

Mod Note: Staying on Topic – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thanks, I read them and think, ok, sure. But I really can't say I have a firm grasp of how it all functions together. Amazing, beautiful, incredible, whatever is going on sure is a pleasure on my eyes.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very nice pictures of the sun. A solar sky of beauty in my opinion. It's amazing just how powerful the sun is and how we little specks of dust need it for life and warmth. Thank you for the pics OP.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
These pictures are absolutely STUNNING!! Kudos to you for bringing them to our attention!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
that's breathtaking!

excellent post!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Aggieman Great pics!

I don't know if you have seen the Imax 'Sun in Motion' footage but it's definitely worth a look:
thesuninmotion.com...
Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Very cool!

Thanks for sharing

Now for the love of humanity, why can't they take the same picture of the moon super close up showing there is no structures on the moon?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralLee
Thank you for that. Those are some amazing photos. Kind of bogles the mind doesn't it. Be nice to have that kind of camera focused down on Mars wouldn't it? Then we wouldn't have to guess......

We have much better views of Mars. The HiRISE camera on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) can -- and does -- resolve objects about 1 meter in size. The sunspot in that picture is probably close to the size of the whole planet Mars.

To the OP...Great pictures!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join