It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FFS.Enough with the 'scary' plots!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

He said: "Some of the measures that we have put into place in the past 15 months have made us safer, but that does not mean that we are safe. The threat is huge. It dipped slightly and is now rising again within the context of 'severe'.

"There are large complex plots. We unravelled one, which caused damage to al-Qaeda, and the plots faded slightly. However, another great plot is building up again, which we are monitoring.

news.uk.msn.com...

This is started to get so pathetic I'm starting to cringe with embarrassment every time one of these so-called' terror plots' is announced.

We're supposed to believe every minute of every day,people in caves thousands of miles away are plotting the demise of the west.

"FORTUNATELY!!!" Every new freedom suspending rule and regulation they are implementing on us,is justified moments later by the successful ousting of the next bogey man that is hiding behind every bush.

Translation of above article..

"So,like ..we stopped this really scary thing from happening,so you can be a little less scared..
But don't be too 'not scared'..
Because even though we scared off some of the scary people,we're still scared that an even scarier threat is coming..and that scares us."

Does anyone else see these pathetic 'non-articles' as an attempt at self-justification.
These people are being given unbelievable amounts of cash and resources to do WHAT exactly?
To tell us that these "plots were HUGE..but then they became not so huge.. but they're going to become HUGE again".

Can they BE more vague and non-specific.

Hans Christian Anderson springs to mind.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They have zero credibility left, but I bet there are many people who still believe their lies.

Use the TV to watch downloaded stuff. Dont watch the "news". There is no point in knowing what happens in the world anyway since we cannot do a damn thing about it.

And trust me, you will hear about the important things anyway. You just dont get all the propaganda every day. You will start to feel better when you dont watch the news.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I just caught this article signing out of email.

This is going to sound incredibly sitekissingcreepycrawly,but the only place I've gotten my 'news' from,is ATS,for about 4 years now..(thanks to ETISALAT UAE).

Mainly because I like seeing what's ACTUALLY happening ..and reading other peoples' take on it.

Those 'party political broadcasters' like CNN,FOX,BBC, don't even get airplay.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's more fearmongering to erode our civil rights some more. This quote is from the bottom of the article you posted

"Lord West's warning came after peers forced the Government to abandon plans to extend maximum pre-charge detention for terror suspects to 42 days."

This article on the same story on the BBC news website gives the fearmongering tactics away.

"Within two hours of the vote, the government announced it was dropping the 42-day proposal from the Counter-Terrorism Bill.

But the home secretary said she had written the plan into a separate one-page bill which could be pushed through Parliament quickly in the case of a national emergency. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's just so they can push this in through the back door whenever they feel like it

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So vague and nonsensical... yet if there is even one terror attack, they are going to rush to claim credit... "Foolish sheeple, should have listened to us all along!"

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

It's that 'Vague-ness' that really pisses me off no end

It's like the suckers that get pulled in by showbiz fortune tellers or mediums.

"Is there someone that lost a Robert in the room?,Robin?Romeo?Someone beginning with R?...Yeah.. I knew it... KEITH!"

It's like saying there's going to be a terror plot to blow up a bridge,then claiming credit because they prevented a guy from letting his dog poo on a footpath.

"Yes,our anti-terror measures worked.
That was a well spent £10,000,000 on security cameras and metal detectors..

We are holding a 58 year old man and his cross-legged Labrador in custody for 42 days..without chance of walkies..
But we are all safe from the threat of trailing dog-poo across our carpets at home..Ermm.. what was it we were trying to achive again?"

top topics

join