It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did anyone else hear weird rumbling last night?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
yeah seems kinda strange but that's how it happened. it sorta started out as "hey, what is that" and slowly turned into "ok, this is kinda freaky" and when you're lazy like me it has to be a big deal to get off the couch

feeling better today and there is nothing in my ear. hooray for me. it is theorized that when i went outside that night i was exposed to something from whatever was going on that made me sick. today i am only drinking water to try to clean my system but i have a feeling it's not gonna last much longer, i think i can imagine what it feels like to starve to death now. yes i know i am weak..
as for what happened we think they are trying to clear the area of any trace of their presence. since a lot of stuff went down with them last year, all our electronics have been breaking down or acting weird and since the other night things are working perfectly and even a tv that we were about to throw away because of weird lines in the screen is working perfectly now. we're hoping this means they are finally saying bye for good. of course that is what we thought 6 months ago.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Siree:

I am still on the forum so far. I read the topic on your ufo experience and was impressed with your story. If you prefer, I can U2U if I have any questions on it.

I have to tell you something strange happened to my mother whenever I was a little girl (I was about 6 or 7 years old) that was about 1967 or 68. It has been a long time since she's told it, but she was asleep one night with my dad and she woke up to covers being pulled off her legs. She felt a presence in the bedroom with her, so she started praying and it left. She never saw anything. And it never happened again, but whenever she tells the story she gets very nervous and hates to talk about it. I've had to really beg her to tell me. Like I said before, I believe there are interdimensional beings, but believe also there are aliens (although as far as I know I have never seen any).

Then in the 1970's there were A LOT of ufo sightings in the area around where I live. Almost every night there were ufos seen in Piedmont, Missouri, also Cape Girardeau, Missouri. I even seen one when I was a little older over our house, but it was far up in the sky. It would go around our house (semi-circle) then stop. I didn't stay to see if it ever left! So I got a little scared myself, yet excited. That is pretty much my excitement with ufos that I remember. OH! I did forget the most recent one and this one is really weird...

We had a tornado hit a mile below our town one night. I happened to get up to go to the restroom (I do usually at least once a night) and I had this funny feeling come over me to look outside. I did. The weirdest thing I ever seen besides the daytime ufos was this egg shaped object just sitting still just behind our neighbors and it was big. Small lightening bolts illuminated the bottom half of it. It reminded me of those plasma balls. Like it was plasma contained within this egg shape. The odd thing was that it was so still. Whenever it would light up, you could see it was egg shaped. I thought it was a cloud before I seen it lit up. Very odd looking. I have NEVER seen anything like it before or since. I watched it for a long time, it slowly moved across the sky. I was trying to decide what it was and came to the conclusion I really didn't know. My logical mind said it was a cloud, but egg shaped? Plasma lightning contained within the egg? The next day we heard of the tornado and a small boy was killed in the storm from the tornado and several houses destroyed near a small lake all in the same area. No where else here was hit. Tornado? Or beserk ufo? (Silly sounding, but you never know).

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

It deff. started in maryland! I hear it right now! Last night it was SUPER loud..like an airplane taking off right next to my house and then all the sudden it just stops and gets dead quiet!! its off in the distance somewhere and its not the airport!! This is really freaking me out cuz its also shaking my house the slightest bit! o_o...I have NO idea what it could be but it woke up everyone in my house...it sounds like the end of the world..or aliens...or a NASA spaceship..or godzilla..IDK but it is REALLY freaky and it is still happening as I type this..it woke me up =[[..i need an explanation...maybe its just the cold weather??

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am hearing the same thing as I speak, You described it just like what it sounds like it's been going on since 12:00AM and it's 1:39am, I did some research and it matched up to a secret project called Aurora. I hope I'm still alive by morning because my guess is it's a UFO.

my email is [email protected]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think I hear this sound all the time yet I have no idea what it is.

I'm glad I'm not crazy.

What could it be?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by siree

I live in New Paltz Ny and herd that noise last night too it was around 1:30 i believe and it was #ing loud sounded like a truck but not exactly it was a shrieking noise and i jumped up to look out the window. I live on the top floor of a 3 story apartment and the aircraft that was making the noise was directly outside my window a little lower down from my apartment it was the size of 2 cars maybe a little smaller and it had red blue and lights going around it and a really bright green white not sure light in the front. I was in #ing shock and saw it move slowly out towards town so i ran downstairs to get a better look and the noise was gone by the time i got onto main street. It was shapped like a flattened football. Me and my BF couldn't believe what we saw. After searching the sky and town for it I went back to where I herd the and saw the UFO to see if anything was left behind. Nothing. I hear sirens and around the corner comes a firetruck and a cop car. I ran up to them to see if they saw anything and the firemen were looking in the woods with flashlights. I asked what they were looking for and the cop said what do you mean.. then i said did u see the aircraft that was hoovering in the middle of the apartments and flew into town and he just laughed and said it was a helicopter to pick up a patient but that thing didn't land look or sound like a helicopter and no wind or anything from the craft was made. The fireman laughed too and was like yeaaah it was w helicopter thats what they want you to think. I wanted to find someone else who saw it so i walked around the complex and i found some guy that said he saw it too and the noise freaked him out. He called the cops over because of the wires that were sparking outside the apartment which i did see but still doesn't explain the aircraft in the backyard. What I saw last night was not a helicopter nor was it a US aircraft. I am a believer now...they are here!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't understand why when you hear a really weird noise, you would just sit there and allow it to continue, instead of getting off your ass and going to immediately check what it is.

Did it sound anything like this..
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12/16/2008 by Religion]

[edit on 12/16/2008 by Religion]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Probably your foundations! I havn't head of any other stories about this so i cannot help you!

I don't live in the US so i didn't feel it

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i also live in southern MO. although I do live close to an airport, I have for the last 2-5 years been hearing things that do not sound like aircraft....
I can never find or see the creator of the noise, my grandfather is burried at the end of one of these runways in a well known military burial site..
This is where i first heard(felt) the noise's, and yes it was very late at night..there are also numerous military installations here"within 5km radius"
Last night (around 10:00-10:15) I did hear "more like feal the noise" it seems to start well below the human hearing abilities, if i watch my nieghbors dog, "which i have done more & more in the last year" I can and have at times been able to predict, and be aable to tell friends and family to go outdoors, at first I was labled "short bus"

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
i live by several deparment stores so trucks always come by. so besides them i heard nothing unusual. your jsut freaking out. would you have cared about as much if you didnt read a october 14th thread?

Son, I have noticed lately that you attack any thread associated with "predictions and earthquakes".

There is nothing wrong with someone asking a question about a sound they heard.

There will be a large EQ in the united states, people watch for signs, and will continue to do so.

If you don't agree, tha'ts fine... but don't give off a superior than thou attitude just because past predictions have been wrong.

I understand that you are young (junior in high school wasn't it?)... but your outlook on life experiences and sharing experiences will change as you mature in years.

Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by siree

Im living in the north-west of Europe and i have heard this too...

WTF??

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm also in Western Europe (England), which is just a hop across the sea from the Netherlands.

Yep, it happened to me last night. I was in bed, laying there as you do for a few minutes, and I'd just got to sleep when I heard a really loud BANG, it sounded like a gunshot. I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me because I was between being asleep, and being awake, so I just dismissed it & turned over and went back to sleep. Seconds later BOOM again. This time I got up, I checked round the house and looked out of the windows upstairs to make sure nobody was fooling around on the street or walking around with a gun!

Nobody, nothing, a clear sky. Got back into bed again, before I could even get to sleep this time, BOOM BOOM. Went back upstairs and then I heard it, a loud rumbling sound. It was not thunder, the sky was a beautiful clear, you could make out all this season's constelations it was so clear. This rumbling also suddenly stopped when I turned my head to the bathroom window, and there was no lightening to go with it, nothing.

I have seen those firey orange UFO's over our garden, which of course have been dismissed as Chinese lanterns, I have photographed them, check my past threads for it. Also, over the past 10 years or so UFO's have been seen all around this area. I'm very close to Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood country), so secluded landing sites are not out of the question either.

Either way, it didn't physicaly effect me like it did the OP, perhaps I didn't get enough of whatever it was, but it didn't half freak me out.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Since you live not far from a lake, could there be cavernous water underground where you live? Or could there be porous rocks beneath the ground your house sits on? Often sounds are carried underground by those methods. The Indians learned to listen for calvary by putting their ears to the ground in strategic locations.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Also the sky around our house has been buzzing with helicopters today, it's really weird. I think one of them is the police helicopter, going round & round in circles. I saw it flying really low & doing all sorts of manuvers in the sky. I wonder if that is linked to the weird sounds I heard last night?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
About 1am this morning eastern Australian time.

I heard this as I was going to bed. Heard it the loudest as I walked up the hall and in my bedroom.

It was wave like and you could def feel it. I'm off to work will come back tonight with detail.

MM

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
We had really loud thunder and lightening here last night so I wouldn't have heard anything. It was pretty awesome actually!
My ten year old daughter had an intense dream on Friday night about the world splitting and cracking into two, and then four and eventually exploding. She woke up crying and very sad, almost inconsolable. It must have been quite a dream. She said she new she was still alive afterwards but was unable to wake herself up. She said she felt like she was on Earth but was also watching ot from far away, that was what I used to curb her hopeless feelings. I told her if she was watching from a distance she was not there, she said she felt like she was in both places and I told her it must have been her body on earth and her soul in the heavens. Honestly, I didn't really know what to say. Such a young girl to have such wild dreams!
Anyway, to the point, perhaps my little girl sensed something which you all may have heard?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I didn't even realise this was originally posted in 2008!! Wierd.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bjbrown61

"because an intelligent being that is advanced cares for all life and doesn't abuse it or hurt it intentionally".

You might want to think this one thru a little longer - humans are intelligent beings and they abuse and hurt others intentionally. Not all but some, could be the same with aliens if they exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
We had really loud thunder and lightening here last night so I wouldn't have heard anything. It was pretty awesome actually!
My ten year old daughter had an intense dream on Friday night about the world splitting and cracking into two, and then four and eventually exploding. She woke up crying and very sad, almost inconsolable. It must have been quite a dream. She said she new she was still alive afterwards but was unable to wake herself up. She said she felt like she was on Earth but was also watching ot from far away, that was what I used to curb her hopeless feelings. I told her if she was watching from a distance she was not there, she said she felt like she was in both places and I told her it must have been her body on earth and her soul in the heavens. Honestly, I didn't really know what to say. Such a young girl to have such wild dreams!
Anyway, to the point, perhaps my little girl sensed something which you all may have heard?

Wow poor lil thing
I have those sort of dreams, but I'm 24 and I can rationalise it, that must have been horrible for her. I've had a lot of dreams based after a cataclysm of late, including one about the Mayans, although I don't really remember that one sadly.

I've felt a little ugh myself today, not in a physical sense, but last night I felt incredably down. I don't know why, I landed up in bed in tears before I heard the sounds. I felt so hopeless, which isn't right, I'm getting married in under a month, all our financial issues are over thanks to an unexpected inheirtance etc.

I've also felt incredably lonely, like I'm the only person left in the world. An eerie silence is lingering round here tonight as well, there is hardly a sound out there, and I'm in a pretty urban area on the outskirts of town, town is like 10 minutes away from me by foot. There is usualy SOME sound, a car driving by on the road out the back, a dog barking, someone on the way home from the pub shouting, but there is nothing. It's like I'm wearing earmuffs. It feels unnatural.

Also, my partner told me he could smell burning, our back door was ajar on the chain because it's a bit hot, so I went outside to check, nothing, no fire, no chimeny smoking (who would light a chimeny fire in this heat?) etc, that's not the mention all the helicopters that have been buzzing the air round here all day. I also smelled burning, but could not find the source of it, then the smell vanished, just as the sounds had last night.

I asked him if he had heard the bangs or the rumble, but he heard nothing.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wierd you should smell burning. My smoke alarm has been going off in the middle of the night for no reason. For a few nights, then I took the battery out. Scares the heck out of me going off in the middle of the night!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join