It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did anyone else hear weird rumbling last night?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
last night about 10 minutes til 10:00 me and a couple of my friends were watching tv and all the sudden there is a really loud rumbling noise outside. we sat there arguing about it for a minute, i thought it sounded like a really big truck coming up the road and someone else thought it was a helicopter but that's not what it seemed like to me. no one thought it was an earthquake even though we have small ones every year or so it seemed like it was coming from above. so we sat there wondering for about 3 minutes and the whole time the noise is getting louder. so i got up and opened the front door and all the sudden it stopped. it was dead quiet outside except for the crickets chirping. we live in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road and if it was a big truck or helicopter there would be a lot of dust in the air since it's been really dry. i live in kentucky about 10 miles west of kentucky lake near aurora. we watched the news to see if it said anything about the rumbling but there was nothing. i'm telling you, it was really loud and the way it just stopped when i opened the door gave me the chills.
so one of my friends ended up staying over and we went to sleep about midnight. next thing i know i'm jumping up out of bed at 1:37 because the rumbling is back. i run downstairs and everyone else is waking up at the same time. i can sleep thru anything but the way i jumped up was like someone came and dumped a bucket of ice water on me. so by the time i get downstairs the noise is really loud but as i headed for the door it started dying down and by the time i got outside it was pretty much gone and the last noise i heard was a whistling sound kind of like a bomb dropping, and then it ended with a little pop noise like someone blowing bubblegum. it wasn't very loud but for some reason i thought my eardrum exploded. everyone else heard it too and by now we're really freaked out.
we live on a big farm of about 250 acres so me and my dad went on a drive and checked EVERYTHING to try to find the source of the sound, but everything seemed peaceful and normal. our closest neighbors are about a mile and a half away so this morning we asked them (i didn't sleep at all) but at 10:00 last night they were all gone, and at 1:30 one was sleeping and woke up for a second for no reason, and the other was playing a computer game with the volume up really loud and didn't notice anything.
i donno if anyone remembers me but i've been thru crap like this before and i am really freaked out. the only people who could calm my nerves right now are gone camping and won't be back til saturday. 4 other people heard the noise so i know it's not my imagination. i have this weird feeling that when i heard that pop noise something went in my ear and i can still feel it in there, and i've been really sick and dizzy for about 4 hours. should i wrap some tin foil around my head??? i am just at a loss right now.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I actually heard it too. I'm in Bowling Green, KY. At first I thought it was a truck, then it got louder, and I thought it was a copter. It was weird....who knows?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I heard unexplained rumblings all night long.

I also saw clouds doing very uncloudlike things.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
thats a pretty interesting story. ive never experienced anything like that that i can remember but id be freake out too.

im not sure if i understood the part when you talked about your neighbors. did they hear the noise too or not.

i get wierd feelings in my ear too. i dont think its anything like yours though but it feels like there is a bug living in my ear and every now and then when i get the feeling my first instinct is to stick my finger in here but i stopped doing it to see wat would happen and a ball of ear wax would literally come out of my ear like something pushed it out.
maybe the little hairs in my ear do it i have no idea but just thought i would share that.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
no weird rumbling here in maryland.
i personally think its the silence and the visual that give reason of concern

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
no neither one of them heard anything but one did wake up at about the same time as we did, but didn't hear anything and went back to sleep

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That is weird. I heard a loud noise last night also. It almost sounded like a plane (and it could have been, we have a small airport where we live about 1/2 a mile away). I haven't heard a small plane in this area in about a year if not more. I live in Missouri and this was about 12:30 or 1:00 I think.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i live by several deparment stores so trucks always come by. so besides them i heard nothing unusual. your jsut freaking out. would you have cared about as much if you didnt read a october 14th thread?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bjbrown61

what part of missouri are you in? north or south?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am in southeast Missouri, not real far from Kentucky. In the 80's, there was an earthquake that went through this area and it sounded just like a large truck travelling quickly over the gravel road my parents lived on and then we felt the floor moving beneath our feet and the pictures rattling on the wall. It did go through my mind that it could be an earthquake going through the earth beneath us, but I didn't feel any trembling or nothing shook on the walls.

Are you sure it couldn't have been some military jets? We have them go over us on rare occasions, sometimes quite low and they can move fast!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bjbrown61

i know it wasn't a jet. it didn't sound like something flying over, more like hovering for a long time. was that what it seemed like to you?
anyway i ended up going to the doctor's office yesterday for my ear. i couldn't get in to see the real doc but the nurse practictioner said she didn't see anything in my ear except hair and wax. no sign of infection either but i got some nausea pills and antibiotics. still feel pretty dizzy but she said an ear infection can cause that. maybe the antibiotics will work.
anyway it still doesn't explain why it started right after i heard that noise. maybe just a coincidence?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No it didn't feel like it hovered. You sound like you believe it was a flying saucer (perhaps extraterrestrial?)

I have, along with my parents and brother, seen a huge ufo with smaller ufos moving around it in 1973 in broad daylight. This was before Star Wars came out and it looked as big as one of their mother ships. I just found out a few years ago that in 1973 in that very area (Cape Girardeau) there were daylight ufos harassing people on I-55. One man lost his sight temporarily from a ufo coming to close to him. This occurred over a period of months. Even though I'm a Christian, I strongly believe they exist. I just don't know if they are terrestrial or extraterrestrial. Both perhaps.

I suppose it could be a ufo, but I wouldn't be scared unless I knew they were hostile.

Oh, and I, my uncle and my stepfather all had inner ear (vertigo) problems this year (just a few months ago). Mine was from allergies and eventually cleared up. I had never had that before.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Also, the U.S. military do have aircraft that can hover and take off like a jet.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
cape girardeau.. don't think i've ever been there but i know it is not far from my area. you get paducah tv stations there right?
i have told this story before and don't wanna get into it again but i have seen ufos before and i know that they were extra terrestrials. luckily things calmed down for a while but now i'm wondering again. i'm not saying that is what i heard the other night but from what's happened before that is the best explanation right now.
how did you know that your ear problems were because of allergies? why did your uncle and stepfather have it too? did anything weird happen before it started?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here is Surfside Beach, SC about 12 miles south of Myrtle Beach. We were watching Jon Stewart and at 11;12 pm we heard a rumbling from the distance. we went out and looked at the sky, which is clear, and saw nothing. This rumbling went on for about 10 min. then stopped. We have seen several UFO's here in the past three years. I don't know if this is one, but I've never heard that sound before. It was very loud, but not right overhead, like more towards the ocean.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My doctor looked in my ear and I had fluid on my eardrum which caused my vertigo. I also had allergy symptoms, such as sneezing, congestion, headache. I am very allergic to oak trees.

Nothing weird happened prior to my allergies that I know of.

Yes, we do get a Paducah station. I usually don't watch it. My uncle didn't say why he had vertigo. My stepfather never really found out why he had it either, but his doctor prescribe antibiotics.

I'm just saying don't worry about the aliens (or in my case, I think some are angels and some are demons). Who knows? There may be life on other planets and I know there are in other dimensions. But don't worry unless they have harmed you already. If they would harm me, I would give them a piece of my mind telling them how unadvanced they were in treating intelligent life and they need to ask the Creator's forgiveness for harming me, because I wouldn't do it to them. Hopefully, that would work. I would also pray for God to protect me. Sounds stupid to some people, but I have seen ufos in daylight and they are ships. I also have seen angels (because I asked to) and I have never taken illegal drugs, so I wasn't drugged out of my mind or on even doctor prescribed drugs. I also have no history of mental illness.

I hope I have helped you a little at least.

[edit on 10/16/2008 by bjbrown61]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
scared? hell yes i am scared of them. i have seen one up close and though they have never physically hurt me they have killed our livestock and caused me and my family a lot of problems. my neighbor has had even worse experiences with them and she HAS been physically hurt before.
i am still worried about my ear mostly i know it takes a few days for antibiotics to work but i'm afraid they aren't going to. there are weird clicking noises in my head and my family says i've been acting really strange. i haven't been able to work for 2 days now because i am so disoriented i can barely even walk across a room.
my friend who has gone camping finally called this morning. he knows a lot more about this stuff than i do. i told him what happened and he is concerned. they are coming home a day early so hopefully i will have an explanation/solution to all this by tonight. if so i will probably post here what i learn.
thanks a lot bjbrown61 for your input. since we live in the same area and have both seen ufos before i think we should keep in touch and maybe get some kind of neighborhood watch going.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Every once in a while my apartment will get this REALLY loud rumbling noise. Sounds like a turbine in a Hydroelectric power plant. When i move 2 feet away i can't hear it. when i'm right next to the source however, it's almost deafening. I've told the apt manager about it and they can't figure it out. it comes from a wall that's used as support with no wires in it. freaks me out too.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Siree,

I am not sure I will stay with Above Top Secret for much longer. They have deleted my references AND comments on another string and they weren't any longer than anyone else's so I wasted my time writing and researching for nothing. My time is precious, so why contribute when they will cut it out? I am waiting on their reply and if it isn't to my liking I'm sorry to say I won't be returning.

As for you, what DID you see up close? If you want to talk about it that is. I get angry thinking someone or something cares so little for other life that it is uncaringly hurting us because we may be nothing but an animal to IT. And I mean 'it', because an intelligent being that is advanced cares for all life and doesn't abuse it or hurt it intentionally. That is a soapbox for me I guess you could say. I believe God will hold us accountable for how we treat animals.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by siree

why would you sit there and argue about it for 3 minutes? why not just go look?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join