It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny's random thoughts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Earth, Teach Me

Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

An Ute Prayer

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A tragic day for Victoria :

FOURTEEN people are confirmed dead but as many as 40 are feared to have died as bushfires swept across Victoria yesterday and continued to burn through the night.

Police, who last night could only begin going into the blackened ruins of towns and communities, said six people were killed in a single vehicle in Kinglake.

But they acknowledged they had little idea of how many could be buried inside their ruined homes, or burned as they tried to escape, and that the death toll could go much higher.

Deputy Commissioner Kieran Walshe said official predictions that 40 people had lost their lives was only an estimate.

Victorian Fires

MORE than 40 bushfires raged across NSW yesterday and the state is braced for another day of sizzling conditions.

This follows yesterday's scorcher in which the mercury hit 42.3 degrees at Penrith, and peaked at 47 ( 116 degrees Fahrenheit ) in both Pooncarie and Deniliquin, although the coast was relatively mild in the mid-30s.

The heat will be on again today, with Sydney's west expected to reach well into the 40s before easing this evening. The Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting a cool southerly change, but a total fire ban remains in place across much of NSW.

The weather in Australia this year has been full of extremes. Scorching temperatures in some states and phemonemal amounts of rain in others.

Flooding North Queensland

[edit on 7-2-2009 by destiny-fate]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A beautiful friend of mine( sis ) sent my a wonderful video - that incorporates two of my favourite pastimes - Dancing and Music - live life as though everyday were your last .

Life is wonderful - beautiful and amazing - be thankful and don't forget to live in celebration every single day.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
very interesting posts thank you for the info i loved the amazon doco

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Thank you - lots of scattered thoughts lol yes the amazon video was one of my favourites too

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A wonderful friend of mine recently introduced me to Fractals - the colours of infinity. Arthur C. Clarke presents this unusual documentary on the mathematical discovery of the Mandelbrot Set (M-Set) in the visually spectacular world of fractal geometry. This show relates the science of the M-Set to nature in a way that seems to identify the hand of God in the design of the universe itself. Dr. Mandelbrot in 1980 discovered the infinitely complex geometrical shape called the Mandelbrot Set using a very simple equation with computers and graphics.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by destiny-fate]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

We do not even have to risk the adventure alone, for all the heroes of all time have gone before us - the labyrinth is fully known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero's path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a God, where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves, where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the centre of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world. Joseph Campbell

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
here you go Destiny...

Arapaho Ghost Dance Songs
Arapahoe - Anonymous

I
How bright the moonlight
how bright the moonlight
as I ride in with my load of buffalo meat.

II
My father did not recognize me.
Next time he saw me he said,
You are the child of a crow.

III
I am looking at my father
I am looking at him
he is beginning to turn into a bird
turning into a bird

IV
They say the spirit army is approaching,
the spirit army is approaching,
the whole world is moving onward,
the whole world is moving onward.
See, everybody is standing, watching.
Everybody is standing, watching.

V
The whole world is coming,
a nation is coming,
a nation is coming.
The Eagle has brought the message to the people.
The father says so, the father says so.
Over the whole earth they are coming.
The buffalo are coming, the buffalo are coming.
The Crow has brought the message to the people,
the father says so, the father says so.

VI
My children, my children,
it is I who wear the morning star on my brow,
it is I who wear the morning star on my brow.
I show it to my children,
I show it to my children.

www.poetry-chaikhana.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Wow Spira thank you so much - I have not read the words to the Ghost song before - they mean alot to me

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

the Ghost Dance - and all that comes with it - has always had a strange effect on me - very surreal

of course :-)

The despair and nostalgia associated with the Ghost Dance reflects that period from which the movement evolved. Plains tribes faced losing their freedom and being overtaken of their homes, their beliefs and their existence. The Ghost Dance was a resurrection of the dead, a bringing back of the customs and way of life that the Indians were trying to hold onto.

www.essortment.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thank you so much Spira

“ Prophet dances “ I think the message will come from a prophet - someone with the eyes of an Eagle.

Jack Wilson, the prophet formerly known as Wovoka until his adoption of an Anglo name, was believed to have experienced a vision during a solar eclipse on January 1, 1889. It was reportedly not his first time experiencing a vision directly from God; but as a young adult, he claimed that he was then better equipped, spiritually, to handle this message. Jack had received training from an experienced holy man under his parents’ guidance after they realized that he was having difficulty interpreting his previous visions. Jack was also training to be a “weather doctor”, following in his father’s footsteps, and was known throughout Mason Valley as a gifted and blessed young leader. He often presided over circle dances, which symbolizes the sun’s heavenly path across the sky, while preaching a message of universal love.

Jack Wilson claimed to have left the presence of God convinced that if every Indian in the West danced the new dance to “hasten the event,” all evil in the world would be swept away leaving a renewed Earth filled with food, love, and faith. Quickly accepted by his Paiute brethren, the new religion was termed “Dance In A Circle”. Because the first European contact with the practice came by way of the Sioux, their expression Spirit Dance was adopted as a descriptive title for all such practices. This was subsequently translated as “Ghost Dance”.

Life is cyclic and our impression of time is not realistic. I believe the Native Americans Spirit Dances were heard - change takes time.

In February 1890, the United States government broke a Lakota treaty by adjusting the Great Sioux Reservation of South Dakota (an area that formerly encompassed the majority of the state) into five smaller reservations.[7] This was done to accommodate white homesteaders from the Eastern United States and was in accordance with the government’s clearly stated “policy of breaking up tribal relationships” and “conforming Indians to the white man’s ways, peaceably if they will, or forcibly if they must.”[8] Once on the reduced reservations, tribes were separated into family units on 320-acre (1.3 km2) plots, forced to farm, raise livestock, and send their children to boarding schools that forbade any inclusion of Native American traditional culture and language.

To help support the Sioux during the period of transition, the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), was delegated the responsibility of supplementing the Sioux with food and hiring white farmers as teachers for the people. The farming plan failed to take into account the difficulty Sioux farmers would have in trying to cultivate crops in the semi-arid region of South Dakota. By the end of the 1890 growing season, a time of intense heat and low rainfall, it was clear that the land was unable to produce substantial agricultural yields. Unfortunately, this was also the time when the government’s patience with supporting the so-called “lazy Indians” ran out, resulting in rations to the Sioux being cut in half. With the bison virtually eradicated from the plains a few years earlier, the Sioux had no options available to escape starvation.

The British government gave the Australian aboriginals what many at the time deemed the worst and most inhospitable land they could find - but today those tracts of land are still as pristine as the day they were granted to the Aboriginals and are areas that probably get more rainfall than anywhere else in Australia . If the drought in Australia continues their land might very well become prime real estate lol and good luck to them if it does

[edit on 21-2-2009 by destiny-fate]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Order is heavens first law
Alexander Pope.

The whole universe is structured and governed by a complex set of immutable laws. Plato saw ultimate reality composed of two distinct "worlds" or dimensions of being. The world of physical objects in space and time is known through sense perception and ordinary thought. Apart from this is the metaphysical world of forms known only through philosophic reflection and dialectical interchange--a realm beyond ordinary experience and requiring special capabilities to apprehend.

"A law of physics is a pattern that nature obeys without exception."
Cosmologist Sean Carroll

Physicist Eugene Wigner confesses that the mathematical underpinning of nature "is something bordering on the mysterious and there is no rational explanation for it." Richard Feynman, a Nobel Prize winner for quantum electrodynamics, said, "Why nature is mathematical is a mystery...The fact that there are rules at all is a kind of miracle."

Life, the sculptor, shapes all living things; an artist, it designs every leaf of every tree, and colors every flower. Life is a musician and has taught each bird to sing its love song, the insects to call one another in the music of their multitudinous sounds. Life is a sublime chemist, giving taste to fruits and spices, and perfume to the rose, changing water and carbonic acid into sugar and wood, and, in so doing, releasing oxygen that animals may have the breath of life.

Former President of the New York Academy of Sciences
A. Cressy Morrison

Whenever we find something " out of balance " , with the forces of nature we can rest assured that in time certain forces / catastrophes or events will emerge to re-establish order. Within nature we have forces of momentum and forces of inertia. Because of this fact, all energy - from the electron to light in interstellar space - travels in an ark or curve which sooner or later forms a circle. ( Alpha and Omega.)

Everyone has heard of the Butterfly Effect - mankind cannot lift a finger without setting the forces of nature in motion, every action has a consequence - therefore every thought/action should be aligned with spirit or for those that do not believe in the supernatural your thought/action should be aligned with your conscience.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by destiny-fate]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The archetypes form a dynamic substratum common to all humanity, a prototype of hierarchical functions that co-exist within our conscious self. I believe it is through this prototype we are governed by a complex set of primordial universal laws which equate to karma - a divine system of justice that is self-governing and infinitely fair. In many respects this would make God impartial to outcomes on a personal level because our actions would fall under the jurisdiction of " The Law of Inevitability." The role of karma, is not some form of heavenly retribution, but the law of cause and effect whose operation eventually leads to oneness with the source of life. Our emotions, thoughts and physical actions - are energy in motion.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you will never fool yourself.

As a man sows - so he shall reap

Cast your bread upon the waters ( energy / thoughts ) and it will return to you

THE UNIVERSAL MATRIX

A matrix is defined as " Something within which something else originates, takes from, or develops " ( in other words a seed ) matrix is also defined as a " mold " or " die " that leaves an imprint on something else. The Australian Aborigines have a name for it - jiva or guruwari, a seed power deposited in the earth. According to Aborigines, every action or event that occurs at a particular place leaves behind a vibrational residue in the earth, plants leave an image of themselves as seeds.

The universal matrix / prototype is imprinted into our DNA defining and laying the foundation of our physical characteristics - our personalities - intellect - our subconscious mind - the collective unconscious and all associated primordial knowledge. According to Native American Indian mythology Spider Grandmother was responsible for all the stars in the sky - she took a giant web she had spun, and laced it with dew. She then threw it into the sky, and the dew became the stars. Some liken her to the Creatix ( Matrix.) Spider Grandmother like the ( Fates ) contains the essence that constitutes the matrix - weaving life into the cosmos creating a rich tapestry like grid that connects and ties all creation together.

So if we are ALL born with pretty much the same hard wiring - at what point do some people partially disconnect ( or become oblivious ) to the subconscious / mystical aspects of the matrix so to speak whilst others are drawn closer ? Because I do believe we all come to a crossroad in life - at which point many of us begin to veer in a different direction. Then I started wondering what that catalyst for change would be ?? What prompted the spiritual / mystical change in me ? Throughout my early childhood I was conscious of my intuitive / empathic abilities but it wasn't until I hit puberty I realised the full scope of my psychic gifts ( events that leaned towards telekinesis - psychokinesis ) - my dreams became more vivid - lucid - symbolic and spiritual in context and it was also during this period that I began experiencing much more frequent bouts of deja vu.

Which led me to wonder if the catalyst for most people is puberty ? A time of intense hormonal upheavals - resulting in massive alchemical processes of change and transformation ? This would coincide with documented cases of poltergeist activity ( which the scientific community deem a form of telekinesis - psychokinesis ) a phenomena that predominantly seems to affect young teenage girls. We could also tie this period of time in with Indigenous groups initiation rites which generally occur when younger members of the tribe reach puberty. While there are many different Native American religious practices, most address the following areas of "supernatural concern": an omnipresent, invisible "universal force," "taboo," pertaining to the "three 'life crises' of birth, puberty, and death," "spirits," " visions," the "shaman," and "communal ceremony." The Aborigines initiation rites centred around the potency of the "Dreaming" , and this Dreaming constituted the sacredness of the earth. Only in extraordinary states of consciousness can one be aware of, or attuned to, the inner dreaming of the Earth - The expression 'Dreamtime' is most often used to refer to the 'time before time', or 'the time of the creation of all things', while 'Dreaming' is often used to refer to an individuals or group's set of beliefs or spirituality

For anyone that has difficulty digesting information regarding psychic / supernatural phenomena - I would just like to remind you about the forces of nature -all you need is one small catalyst to trigger change on a momentous scale. Just take lightning for example - lightning is produced in thunderstorms when liquid and ice particles above the freezing level collide, and build up large electrical fields in the clouds. Once these electric fields become large enough, a giant "spark" occurs between them, like static electricity, reducing the charge separation. The temperature inside a lightning bolt can reach 50,000 degrees F, hotter than the surface of the sun. The Cosmos - life and evolution are all the direct result of chemical reactions - why would the expansion of human consciousness be any different ?

In order to reach our full potential as human beings it is essential we harmonise all aspects of our being - this includes our feminine / masculine polar opposites. I am sorry to say that anyone who is a member of a religious group or secret society that is set up along patriarchal lines is wasting their time !! Because often the core strategy of these institutions is one of domination and exclusion - this kind of mindset will only thwart spiritual growth ? Higher states of consciousness are only possible when the polar opposites unite - Men do not and never will hold dominion over the spiritual realm. Naturally it goes without saying - this applies to exclusive women's groups as well. Respect -balance and harmony is the key !

Although currently expressed in terms of linear and intuitive halves of the brain, the concept of androgyny (the integration of male and female characteristics within each person) is central to ancient myths and religions. Most accounts concern an initial separation of the sexes and subsequent efforts to unite male and female forces. For example, the Chinese polar halves of Yin and Yang were formed from a single fluid, and the Hindus speak of the splitting of the original creative force called the Supreme Self. In Western myths, the creator remains entire and the split transpires within the creature (e.g., Adam and Eve). The Greek version suggests that the gods split people in half to punish them for their conceit. All of these myths express concern for uniting the separation (or dual halves of the psyche) through symbols of androgyny. By combining both linear (male) and intuitive (female) qualities within the individual psyche, one unites the polar forces which represent creation and growth. Thus Eastern icons are often hermaphroditic, as are Christian, Persian, and Hindu-Buddhist angels. Traditional rituals such as marriage and alchemy also portray union of polar opposites.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Destiny-fate's perfectly gorgeous random thoughts are back!

yay!

this is lovely - still reading....

also - love the new avi - I've been in a very Alice place myself lately

:-)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

lol Well the Avi is going soon
I left a message for you at the other site long time no talk
Missed you and Seagrass heeps. Was going to leave you a message here on ATS re Your Daily Haiku - I tried to reply to one of yours not realising I had to have writer status lol Oh well one day maybe lol Hope you have been well - missed sharing our quotes from books are you still going through your pile ? haha I have to get some shut eye but I will watch out for you
Did not get my book completed by the March deadline lol self sabotage - too fussy with my illustrations - lots of hugs and blessings your way

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

oh - please ask masqua - that's all you have to do

would LOVE to see you in haiku

quotes from books...coming right up :-)

so funny you should mention it - was just re-contemplating it just this morning - as one of my many piles was falling under a leaping cat

self sabotage...more later - elsewhere

get some sleep Ms. Destiny - I understand

this is lovely though

so nice to see you back here

later -

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well Ms Spira - it is wonderful to be back
the draw card for me is getting an opportunity to converse with beautiful people like you

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join