It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Consciousness Project :: Red Alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've regularly checked the GCP for over two years now. For those unfamiliar you can go here.. Most ofd you know how it works --- hundreds of random event generators ('eggs') sprinkled all over the world sending their 'random' data back to Princeton for statistical analysis.

These 'eggs' are designed to produce even numbers of '1's' and '0's'. But the thing is, from time to time, they don't. And over the entire world they shift together. There is no scientific explanation for this phenomenon other than 'something' is affecting them.

The 'LED' on the GCP website is almost always green. It may briefly drift into yellow every once in awhile but goes right back to green. Over the last couple weeks, however, it has been oscillating between yellow and red far more than green. I've never seen it like this. As I write this it is red once again.

This is very unusual in my experience and suggests 'something is up'. The global population is generating alot of something.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am familiar with this website, I check it from time to time but never thought too much about the dot color.

From what I read there it only means correlation among all the different eggs they have out there, not necessarily warning of an impending event.

That being said, I don't see how this couldn't be taken as warning of something impending, and on a global scale as well. I suppose they simply offer that as a disclaimer, perhaps.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It represents logical disparity of sorts.

With the confusion on the planet right now in all facets, it's no surprise to see it going orange and red often.

Unfortunately it's useless in that it doesn't spit out any keywords (publicly that is) that we can use to form a basic picture of what the eggs, collectively, are "thinking".

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Im kind of tired of predictions at the moment. Sometimes this site feels like a place to go when you want to read about predictions and get excited or nervous, and then when they dont come true, you find the next "fix" to get that feeling again.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Im kind of tired of predictions at the moment. Sometimes this site feels like a place to go when you want to read about predictions and get excited or nervous, and then when they dont come true, you find the next "fix" to get that feeling again.

I think it's by design that none of these aforementioned dates came off with a bang. It leaves the public weak and vulnerable to a major event to happen. After today, there are no more predictions in our immediate future......I think that's scarier than having them.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but there is no such thing as a "red alert".

I have been observing the GCP for a few years now - even had the button embedded in a blog that I occasionally contribute to - and the colours vary all the time. And there is always, EVERY DAY, a moment or two when the button goes red/orange.
It usually doesn't last long, but it's there.

Now grey-blue ("anti-cohesion"), that's a different thing... In my observing experience, it's much more rare.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Well Copernicus, this post has nothing to do with 'predictions'. The GCP actually measures --- in near realtime --- the subconscious 'pulse' of the planet. Over the 2+ years I've been monitoring it I've never seen it behave as it has recently. Hence the thread.

True, it doesn't provide 'keywords' or the like. But when your dog suddenly stands up and starts barking in the middle of the night he doesn't say, 'Dude, there's a guy coming down our driveway with a crowbar'. He just alerts you that there may be danger. And you respond accordingly. Same idea for the GCP. Something is up.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Well Copernicus, this post has nothing to do with 'predictions'. The GCP actually measures --- in near realtime --- the subconscious 'pulse' of the planet. Over the 2+ years I've been monitoring it I've never seen it behave as it has recently. Hence the thread.

I just think we dont know what it really is measuring. "Subconscious planet pulse" is your interpretation of it, but we dont really know what it is......

Im looking at the list of previous happenings now... its interesting though.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me how this works?
I read the intro etc but I still don't understand..
Where are theses 'REGs' located? and how do they pic up on human interaction? Or is that the puzzle? They aren't meant to pick up on human consciousness?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I agree that the 'blue shift' is less common. I also agree that there are times where the color (correlation) drifts twoard red every once in awhile. But if you've been watch GCP for a few years and have been watching it these last couple of weeks there is NO way you could miss the difference. Red simply means a high degree of correlation amongst the REG's and far away fomr the statisticall predicted mean. As you move away from green (predicted mean) toward red, the REG's are showing incresingly non-random, correlative behavior. Greater significance given the underpinnings of the project. Blue indicates a statistically significant shift toward lesser correlation amongst the REG's and away from the predicted mean.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Well, I agree on all counts... of course.
All I am saying is that I see the button go red practically every day.

(And, as I wrote - I think - in another post, it's quite interesting to see how it goes bright red around 22:00 UCT on December 31st. I've seen this happen three times.
My explanation is that it might be correlated to the fact that, at that time, huge parts of Russia and other countries of the time zone are celebrating New Year.
)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by levithesultan

Simply put (see their website for a more detailed --- and more correct --- explanation) they have a number of electronic random event generators (REG's) sited all over the world and connected to the internet feeding their output back to the computers at Princeton. The REG's are designed to generate random 1's and 0's and they are used (normally) for various laboratory tests. Think of them as an electronic coin toss. Since they are designed to be random generators they will output an equal number of 1's and 0's over time. They cannot (or at least should not) be controlled by outside forces.

The REG's produce massive amounts of data. Statistics defines what is an acceptable variation around the mean (the average) of the 1's and 0's --- both for each REG and the entire network of REG's. For reasons not understood, the system will periodically start producing more of one number than the other. What is truly weird is that the phenomenon can occur system-wide. That is, all or a majority of the REG's will beigin to produce more of the same number ovcer the same time period. The greater this shift is the more the coloroed 'button' will drift toward red. If REG's start producing more of one number than the other (more 1's than 0's, for example) but the shift is different across the system (some more 1's and some more 0's) then the color shifts toward blue. The color should stay green (equal numbers of 1's and 0's).

In a nutshell, that's how it works. Something affects the output of the REG's. You can read the history of the GCP to learn more about the early REG experiments that led to the GCP project as it is today.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i just checked it and it is green. so i guess we are all safe.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
From what I understand this is a bunch of random number generators that then measure any deviations in the randomness of there output. I remember there was a program that you could run on your PC that would do the same thing. It was claimed that by concentrating on changing Its randomness you could actually effect it with your mind. Anyway ,there meters all pegged one day before 9-11 and remained that way for 2 days. About 5 years ago Art Bell had his audience of 10 million people concentrate of effecting the eggs one night. It was reported that that night they went off the charts. PS ... Does anyone know where to find the personal version of this program ?? I would love to try this!!

[edit on 15-10-2008 by bluemooone2]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lushyslushy
i just checked it and it is green. so i guess we are all safe.

No, it just means that the status quo is being maintained.
Which in practice means we're anything BUT "safe".

But "safety" is SO overrated, anyway... :-)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Are you guys looking at the green dot on the main page linked to in the OP, or somewhere else?

When I looked the dot was green...

... But on the realtime data page, every single bar was red... I don't know if that's significant or not but I took a screenshot if you want to see it later.

When I started watching there was occasionally a bar that cleared 10 and made a ding, now I'm getting 3+ bars above 10.0 coming up simultaniously. I even heard a gong noise at one point.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

The red bars indicate deviations - ANY significant deviations.
(But that gong sounds really ominous, doesn't it?
)

You know, you can get the code for the button among Google's gadgets, so you can add it to your website or blog, if you have one.
You can also add it to your customised Google home page (not that I've ever met anyone who spends much time on Google's "home page"
).

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
Now grey-blue ("anti-cohesion"), that's a different thing... In my observing experience, it's much more rare.

Originally posted by jtma508
I agree that the 'blue shift' is less common.

Well dudes, the egg just turned bright blue....

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I agree, Copernicus. I'm a very new member and the only thing that I can say is I love this sight but DAMMMMN. It's exhausting. I just got done looking into "timewave zero" for the first time. It blew my freaking mind.
I honestly don't know what to make of all of these predictions but there are similarities between an alarming amount of resources that it definately makes one stop and think about what the F is going on.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

That was a good analogy. I have never heard of the GCP but that explained it well enough for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join