It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join me in a well-deserved standing ovation for our moderators!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

good work, guys and gals, you do a tough job and deserve kudos for it. it's not easy with this crowd (myself included) HAZAA, HAZAA!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
And we should expect anything less from these guys and gals?

GO MODS!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'd like to gratefully chime in. Most especially for recognizing and maintaining the rights of member to express themselves on a wide, and controversial, range of topics, despite increasing pressure from some. I believe the previous days events were handled with diplomacy and consideration.

All of you deserve all the praise you get.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Good job guys! The last couple of days have made me reflect on my experiences when I was a Mod.

I would have melted down after a tenth of what you guys went through.

(Stands)

APPLAUD!!!

Much respect.
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I know y'all can't see me, but I really did stand up for you.

(and the fact that I needed to make a trip to the girls' room had nothing to do with it, really).

Seriously, great job!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I didn't want any part of that prediction and glad I didn't post in it. I'm sorry I didn't deny ignorance in that thread but I really hate predictions. Great job guys and gals for performing above and beyond ATS. I don't see how you did it so gracefully but you did. "APPLAUSE"

[edit on 10/15/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
stupid nazi mods and their jackbooting method of controlling the flow of information. censorship reigns supreme at ATS, the cointelpro gov't disinfo staff are all jerks. biased, one sided jerks.

sorry, just had to get that off my chest. didn't want the staff to start thinking too highly of themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks guys and gals.

I want to take a minute and apologize for not being able to answer each and every U2U that I received yesterday.

I tried to get to them, but between the rate of speed that thread was going and some real life things I had to do, there was just no time.

I did read all the U2U's and I understand some of your frustrations and concerns.

Please beleive me that no one was being singled out, picked on or allowed to have thier view remain while others were removed. We did what we felt was in the best interest of ATS and each and every member.

Yes, despite all the frustration and work, it was and still is a great day to be an ATS Memeber.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Great work!!! You have really stepped things up lately! Ive noticed!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It was obviously a demanding day for you yesterday. I think you and all the other mods need and deserve one of these:

Cheers! Or as we say in Norway: Skål!
Thank you for all your hard work.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Good on ya, folks. Now get some rest, make an appointment with your chiropractor, and attend to any mental health issues real quick, because the elections are only a few weeks away! How much fun will that be?!?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh wait! I thought we were talking about Blossum.

*Loud Applause* for the people that must have thick skins in order to put up with people like myself.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
!!!*Applause* !!!

I have to say here.. You guys had your hands full yesterday!!
And you did yet another wonderful job!!
The time you take out of your own personal lives to help run and make this site a better place for all of us is well worth my post here..

I thank you all, and you know me.. I will keep on doing what I do to try to make your jobs that much easier!!!

By pulling together and working together we can keep up the good work.
As just a regular member I found myself over stepping my bounds often and trying to moderate where it was not needed..
There is an alert button for this.. And I understand now, and I am man enough to say hey.. I over stepped my bounds a few times on here, as a member. But it was only with good intentions and thanks for offering a plat form where the members can help the mods in their constant job of making this a place where members can feel comfortable, and safe in posting their thoughts!!!

Again you have my thanks.. And keep up the great work guys!!

And just a thought.. These mods get alot of flak for doing their jobs.
Why not just randomly send one of these mods a good U2 saying how much you think highly of them.
Over my time here I have taken the time to give them something postive.
You know there has to be a balance.. And sometimes its better to say something nice presay the negtive!!
These guys and gals do alot out of their personal lives for you!
This is the least I could do!!

My offer is still open for when you come to tampa!! I buy you guys a beer and dinner on me!

(Wipes the brown off my nose.. Is it off yet?) hehe

[edit on 15-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

While I appreciate the gesture, the drinks and the thanks, should really go to the rest of the staff. I've been elbow deep in work at my paying gig and, thus, didn't get to fully experience the hell that the "prediction" created.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Where do I post my new thread: "Jesus is landing on the 14 of November 2008"

I see we're doing another group hug today, it's fast becoming a daily love-fest, so be it.

Kisses kisses, hugs hugs, for the mods.
[modhide]I feel cheap[/modhide]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of when I was at college andworking part tine in a hotel.

We had a wedding for 450 Irish people - 10 deep at the bar for 12 hours straight, and 6 bar staff to cope - but we did it.

Hard work feels good
especially when you are rewarded for it.

Kudos and a big thumbs up for the staff

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
stupid nazi mods

Actually, I received a reference to the mods as "politically correct ATS Nazis".....Huh? There's a heck of an oxymoron for ya'. Regardless, the moderator actions yesterday were as neutral as they could have been, given the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
HEAR! HEAR!

Good to know this is a solid community of well-reasoned and rational people!

Now, I am on the GFL Mothership, and have limited time to continue posting on your puny 'internets'....because they are, after all, just a series of tubes, and such...so, farewell, Earth! But know this....'Ah'll be Bach!"

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
*Standing now* *clapping now* Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.. way to go and keep up the good work!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'd like to take a second and thank the overwhelming majority of our active members who do an excellent job of participating in this collaborative mission of uncovering the truth.

We're all members, and those of us fortunate enough to also be a part of staff do it to maintain a site of which we can all continue be proud. So thanks to those of you who continue to show up and participate.

And for the few who may have gotten dinged yesterday (or any other day), believe me we understand. Let's regroup and press on, shall we?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join