It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join me in a well-deserved standing ovation for our moderators!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It was the best of times... It was the worst of times...

Yesterday was not an easy day to be an ATS moderator. It seemed as if the universe of vocal and fanatic believers of Blossom Goodchild's "Galactic Federation of Light" descended on ATS to anticipate the predicted arrival of a massive mother ship. And at the same time, an equal number of cynical personalities who enjoy posting in flames, also showed up to make their opinions known.

As the dust settled, we broke every single-day record in all categories, including traffic metrics as measured in unique visitors and the number of pages viewed. Everything came together at the right time in the right way... the recent design changes funneled 89% of new home-page visitors into content (an unheard of stat)... and the recent technology improvements enabled ATS to run swiftly and flawlessly throughout our biggest day (page-views on the day were nearly double our previous biggest day).

But more importantly, our staff, proved they are without doubt "the best staff on the Internet (tm)."

It was difficult them on several fronts.

We had a topic many of us suspected was the product of either a deluded person, or savvy and creative con artist (or strange mixture of both).

For weeks the moderators showed tolerance for those who wanted to promote Goodchild's vision.

For weeks the moderators managed, as best they could, the derisive remarks from cynics.

For the past few days, the moderators contained dozens of attempts to launch new threads on the subject.

Yesterday, moderator "whack-a-mole" was in full swing as they worked over-time to contain off-topic remarks, dozens of unneeded new threads, and a wide range of related madness.

No one knows how difficult it can be to tolerate topics that one may disagree with more than I... I felt our staff's pain. But the ideals of AboveTopSecret.com, and the stellar professionalism of our staff, was true hero of the day (along with some very insightful and stunning contributions form many members).

Our staff showed how it's possible to let the members work out a provocative topic.

Our staff showed a stern hand in dealing with snide replies... but a tolerant stance in allowing a topic to run it's course.

Our staff was pushed headlong toward the breaking point of lesser sites, and merely shrugged it off, confident in their own ability to handle whatever is thrown at them.

And a record number of people saw this, saw the unique approach of ATS moderation, saw the firm management of staff, saw a gentle tolerance, and experienced a site like no other.

Yesterday was not a day where a potentially fraudulent topic enjoyed undue attention, it was the day where AboveTopSecret.com proved our mettle. Chaos and ignorance lay siege to ATS, and quickly left mortally wounded in utter defeat. I'm proud of our entire staff, and our membership who understood the job and role of our moderators.

It was a great day to be a member of AboveTopSecret.com.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
*Applause*

Well done guys, after speaking with Springer, I realised that you guys must have been under the pump, and I think you all handled it brilliantly (and i can say that, even though one of my threads was closed)

Was also impressed with the quick replies to my queries

Keep up the good work guys

Oz

[edit on 15/10/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good job all around!

I noticed the mods were out in full force in the Federation of Light forums and thought they did an excellent job in restraint of their own opinions to better the ATS community as a whole.

I am very much appreciative of their hard work and dedication.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It was the best of times... It was the worst of times...
Our staff was pushed headlong toward the breaking point of lessor sites,

Yu spelt "lesser" rong.

Hehe. Great job guys.

Another reason why some of us with less patience couldn't do the job required.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree completely. I thank all the mods, and commend them on a job well done.
They certainly had their hands full for awhile, and like Skeptic Overlord said, they ARE the best staff on the internet, and proved it to everyone. I thank you Skeptic Overlord, for starting this much deserved thread and doing a great job yourself on the GFL threads. Thanks mods!!!!

[edit on 15-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes well deserved applause,and these guys aren't even getting paid for it

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Agreed, well done guys it cant of been easy, seems like it peaked interest in us all at some point, and you guys were there to keep it somewhat in controm.
GOOD WORK

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Yes well deserved applause,and these guys aren't even getting paid for it

dont you read this site? all the mods and admin are paid cointel agents

well done guys + gals (apart from gemwolf for nuking one of my threads
)

Thought the board might meltdown yesterday but it kept going so good job all round

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My reply disappeared.

Oh well, all I said basically was good work to the ATS team.
Fantastic job. "applause"

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Of course I join you in this well-deserved standing ovation for all the ATS moderators!

They done in the examples you mentioned just as they done in so many others a very good job indeed, and of course that is not always appreciated by those who get those warnings, but imagine when they don’t do their job as serious and properly as they do, would many threads here on ATS not get bogged down in one big squabble.

But I hope you don’t give me a warning for being so bold to give my applause also to all the Conspiracy Masters, who doing also a very great job indeed here on ATS in providing us all with a continues flow of great and very interesting threads.

So, I applaud you all, you deserved that indeed.

[edit on 15/10/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
good job everyone... the past few days have been enough to drive any man (or woman) completely insane!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Although I stayed away from all the hoopla, Congrats on a job apparently well done.

Its nice to see some recognition of those who pull things together here on the site.

Mods get slammed often enough, time to try on the other shoe.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A great big thanks to our moderators. You have helped make this the best Internet site I have ever been a part of.

You have made this a happy home for me and many others.

Here is a great big hug:

((((((((((((((((((((((((( moderators)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( owners ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((members)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oops sorry about that........I'm a huggy person.

Ahhhh........feel the love.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I WAS SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED

I managed to get one of those "OFF TOPIC" stamps before I even got to view my comment. You all were on your game yesterday, for real.

IT was easy to drift off topic in a thread will 200 - something pages of comments. So for that I do apologize.

We all sure did keep you on your toes.
and yes, a well-deserved standing ovation is in order!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If you weren't a site owner I'd scream "suck up!" So, I'll just stay on your good side and say "applause."

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Much love, though I did get one of my posts locked. but thats ok, because it was, as usual, really off topic. Im glad they care enough to keep the content on here halfway meaningful.

you have to admit though, prediction dates to us are like little "christmas eve's"

[edit on 15-10-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As the dust settled, we broke every single-day record in all categories, including traffic metrics as measured in unique visitors and the number of pages viewed.

I'm crying because I am just a number to you SO

Just kidding. It kind of reminds me of when I was a teenager and my boss got excited that we had a $2000 day at the fast food restaurant. Everyone was exhausted as we turned on the radios in the kitchen after we locked up, mopping the grease off the floor and figuring out how many cheezburgerz we could haz from the waste bucket.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
*Applause*

HERE HERE and well done yall.

Your all a great bunch of Mods Tully part of the best of the net.

You guys a great.

Seriously weather I am breaking rules and eating my curmudgeons or admiring your latest and greatest new direction you take us you guys and gals are super cool!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hooray for the moderators!

And hooray for all those members that did not get caught up in all of that bull! I think that every member that did not post one post in any BG BS thread should be applauded for their restraint.

You guys rock thanks for making this board the best board on the Internet!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
While I dissagree with 1 post that was taken down because I personally felt it was beneficial to this whole ordeal, it was just 1 post. What really gets me is the amount of one-liners and off-topic stuff that is still going on after the fact. I would like to see all the threads locked pertaining to the GFL/Oct 14th stuff, and let everyone just move on.

Aside from those thoughts, the moderators did a fantastic job dealing with everyone's idiocy and wasteful time spent on a thread when the entire world is financially collapsing.

3 thumbs up...you really don't want to know where the other one comes from

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join