It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Buckley Resigns From National Review After Obama Endorsement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Christopher Buckley Resigns From National Review After Obama Endorsement

www.huffingtonpost.com

Looks like Tina Brown's The Daily Beast may have lucked into the chance to grab up some major full-time talent, as conservative author Christopher Buckley has left the National Review in the wake of his publishing an endorsement of Barack Obama on the Beast. Apparently, despite the pains Buckley took to disambiguate his private endorsement from the Review, his momentary wander off the reservation brought the same sort of hailstorm of opprobrium earned by Kathleen Parker when she criticized GOP vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin. Buckley took it upon himself to offer his resignation. The way he describes it, it looks like this was expected!

Within hours of my endorsement appearing in The Daily Beast it became clear that National Review had a serious problem on its hands. So the next morning, I thought the only decent thing to do would be to offer to resign my column there. This offer was accepted--rather briskly!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I suspect ole William F. is spinning in his grave though I am not so sure... he was never as dogmatic (nor was Goldwater) as his followers are.

I think what we are beginning to see is the conservative establishment taking another look at Obama outside the fog of partisan rhetoric and attacks and liking what they see... (especially after McCain picked Palin) which is exactly what those of us on the left already know.... that Obama is no extremist, nor is he a staunch liberal in the Ted Kennedy mold... rather he is a solid moderate that tilts ever so slightly to the left.

McCain is right... there is nothing to fear from an Obama presidency

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Already been posted by another member. Sorry

Buckley leaves National Review after Obama endorsement

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join