It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wednesday on the Markets . . .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
You know when its bad when the PPT starts shorting.

You deserve 733.08 stars for that and 8577.91 applauses.
Very nice.

Yup, looks like -733.08 to 8577.91 are our final numbers for a loss of -7.87% on the day.
Largest percentage decline on the S&P since 1987.

EDIT: S&P down 9.03%, NASDAQ down 8.47%. Gah.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by anachryon]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
im glad its down i want to see it drop into nothing, wallstreet employs 180,000 some people and the majority of people that invest are wealthy white individuals.

its sad that this small majority, if they do bad, take it out on the rest of the population

i want to see all wallstreeters fail and lose everything

because poor people like me live the way we do and now its their turn to feel what its like

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hopefully this will wake people the hell up from their sheep slumber. It's time for the people to act like citizens and not drones, I'm sick of people sitting by and doing nothing.

It's like people are sitting by, watching the city burn. Each person has a bucket of water. Alone, they don't have enough to douse the flames, but together these buckets can extinguish the mightiest blaze.

Wake up people. Wake up people. It's time for action. The time for talking is over.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It looks like market boys were digging deeper than expected. Anyone cares for a refreshing sip? We have Coke and then we have . . . well, that's about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hyperinflation will be the killer.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix

Wake up people. Wake up people. It's time for action. The time for talking is over.

Bad news, short of becoming overtly Fascist the US Government has nothing else they can throw at this. In a span of 1 Month, the United States put everything they could to turn this around. No dice.

Off to buy some ammo and rice!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
More data:

In the last 50 minutes of trading, the DJIA lost 400 points - 8930 down to 8530.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

yeah and then today berneke is speaking and its like the man who the u.s.a. is trusting (which i disagree with i hate him) doesnt even think about inflation, its like that term and idea dosent even cross his mind

i think its their plan

america, welcome to zimbabwe

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Get your US Billion Dollar Bills now!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I hate to say it again..but..

I'm scared..somebody please hold me..

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
im glad its down i want to see it drop into nothing, wallstreet employs 180,000 some people and the majority of people that invest are wealthy white individuals.

its sad that this small majority, if they do bad, take it out on the rest of the population

i want to see all wallstreeters fail and lose everything

because poor people like me live the way we do and now its their turn to feel what its like

This is why you are poor. You are not smart enough to realize what the collapse of all the "wealthy whites" as you so racistly put it means to everyone down the line. Try this, loss of jobs, retail businesses going broke, more loss of jobs, depression, crime increase, etc.

You think times are tough now?.. just hope what you hope for doesn't happen!

Stop wishing you were white and wealthy and get off your lazy arse and improve your life. And if you are disabled and get a monthly check from the government, you had best wish we dont go broke or it means no more MD 20/20 for you!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Exactly, that is why the bail out will not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bailing out that small sector of the population that can afford to invest without bailing out the biggest sector of the population and the ones that actually support the economy is not going to work.

Without consumer spending the nation is not going to survive with a few handful of wealthy banks been maintain by putting more debt on the backs of tax payer.

Is just incredible how our government is working to turn this nation into a third world country.

With just a few been able to pack their crap and move to another better off country with their wealth.

Right now the bail out is going to be backed off by the willingness of foreign nations good will to buy our debt

Those are becoming scarcer as the lenders of America are having their own markets problems, their money will be put to better use than investing in an America fallen economy when is other emerging markets right now that are solvent and is plenty of liquidity to support them.

Now fake liquidity like the Treasury department and the federal reserve is building.

This getting ugly and very soon the morons that are killing our nations economy are going to see that the mess they are trying to fix is just getting bigger.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Hyperinflation will be the killer.

Aah, you see everything in black colors. You will save on bathroom tissue.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Yeah lets look at the bright side. After you load the back of the pickup with 100's so you can go out to the movies and maybe get a coke, you can still take a crap and have a nice clean arse.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I guess it will come down to me and a case of cokes...... As the world crumbles.....

[edit on 15-10-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JSR

Yeah, he said that gas would go down to $2 per gallon, and where I am, it's already $2.99...

He also said that people would get happy over this...and then BOOM! The U.S. dollar would collapse within three to four weeks.

I'd have to agree with this. According to Lindsey Williams, this thing will happen very suddenly, and why not? THAT will undoubtedly cause the most chaos, and make people even more willing to accept a new order and a new currency. The best way is to catch people off guard.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by JediK]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Analysts and broadcasters weren't joking when they said Wall Street and the "free market" is done as we know it. The rules have changed and day-to-day stock trading will never be what it has in the past.

In 2001 stock trading changed for ever.. the rules changed, the game changed.. from what I was told.. the people changed. The institutions themselves changed..

Speculation is the rule of the game..

Makes me wonder.. honestly.. if the past few years.. have we been held together by Capital that never should have existed? I tend to believe so..

Mainer

You know when its bad when the PPT starts shorting.

LOL .. omg that's rich..

robertnesta

Thank you for that ignorant statement.

Don't let the white man keep you down.

Mainer

Bad news, short of becoming overtly Fascist the US Government has nothing else they can throw at this. In a span of 1 Month, the United States put everything they could to turn this around. No dice.

Hmmn ..

I really do think they sort wasted their ammo this month .. not much else they could do short of nationalizing most of the nations banks .. which would drive every other bank in the country out of business..

The US Government purchased Preferred Shares .. Not Common Stock .. the DOW and S&P only register common stocks I believe.. Preferred get set interest rates.. common does not .. Preferred is better ranking when a corporation falls, common is last to be bailed.. common tends to get higher gains, and preferred is usually sold in short supply.

Basically.. The Gov injected billions in the corporation without effecting the Common Stock Price..

Objective?

Spur common stock traders to buy buy buy because the corporation had a huge influx of funds..

250billion spread over.. 9 banks was it? .. if each bank averaged a 20% loss over the next week ... all of their capital from the infusion would have been wiped out.

Citi already lost 11% today alone..

The Volatility is killing the market..

Banks are desperate.. anyone else notice their credit card's due dates fluctuating? ... Banks are moving due dates to incur late fees and hopefully over draft fees to rake it more money..

Some corporations, like GM, are taking longer to process payouts because if they paid out in normal fashion their accounts would default..

Opaque balance sheet.. shady practices.. our system is sick.. diseased.. and the Government is a bunch of lowlife morons .. Why we don't revolt against the cowards.. I am at a loss for.

Complacency will be the death of us all..

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OK .. to put the $250 billion dollar bailout in perspective.. on the S&P alone today 1.1 TRILLION in equity was lost.

Bail out plan my arse..

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
OK .. to put the $250 billion dollar bailout in perspective.. on the S&P alone today 1.1 TRILLION in equity was lost.

Bail out plan my arse..

In my opinion, there's a big difference between those figures.
The equity "lost" in the markets today never technically existed. It's all numbers on paper (or on a computer screen, to be more exact).
The "bailout," on the other hand, will be real money that we, as taxpayers, will have to pay back...as will our children and quite possibly their children.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join