It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone wondering about Military mobilization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hello all!
Long time lurker, first time poster. Thought you might find these interesting. I watched these go by ALL DAY LONG yesterday. Train after train of HMV's, followed by tankers (fuel?). Our local Natl Guard battalion is gearing up to go to the middle east in december, so it's probably nothing. However, I work in EMS, and I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT increase in law enforcement over the past week or so. Guess time will tell.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by emt217]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by emt217

Sounds like pre-deployment to me. Out of curiosity though, were are you at?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Southern WV. I agree, but my kids and I thought it was cool to see about 5000 Hummers go by! My 8 y/o was beside himself.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Of all the camera phone photos I have seen this particular one looks the most relevant. More then that I too would like some location information? And I would like to know what those boxes are on top of the hummers... Smaller versions of the microwave pain beam perhaps? Extra fuel tanks maybe? I have no idea?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Whoa, that would be something else to see! Is this a typical sight for your area if this was for middle east deployment? I wonder what the significant increase in law enforcement is about? Where would they be coming from? Newbies fresh from training? Pulled from elsewhere?

~Need more coffee. Still waking up
~

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Interesting find....

Instead of seeing a repaired road and bridge, education for children or a better environment one gets to see another shipment of Iraq debt heading out.

If your numbers are correct that seems like a lot of equipment going somewhere. May be it is for use in the states but if it was headed toward a port area then guess not.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well, I won't give my EXACT location, due to wife and children. I mean that respectfully to all here, but no one knows who lurks anonymously. I've seen the downside to that in my field. Not pretty. We watched the times, and the closest we came was a train every 22 minutes, for almost seven hours. 10 cars of HMV's, 10 tankers. Average train is, I think, 9600 feet or better. I only know this because in my region, the only careers are healthcare, join the service, mining, and railroad. As far as LE increase, I'm just not sure. They just seem to be everywhere. We aren't that close to a port. If you want to google map it, use Bluefield, WV as a nearby town for start reference. Zip is 24701. I'll try to grab a vid next time this happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

The boxes on top are the gunners turrets, or in military speak the up gun, usually mounted with a m2 .50 cal machine gun or mk19 40mm automatic grenade launcher.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The DPM doesnt look as though they are heading to Iraq (although they may be painted whilst there?) Ive seen this pattern being used by the Afghan Army HV,s.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It is most likely them preparing to go to iraq! But the sheer amount that they were transporting is strange!

I don't know what to make of it!

I will flag you, but update me if anything else happens or you find some more relative info on the subject!

Thanks

pod x

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

Im near the area mentioned and I can confirm increased activity across the board. Some of our National Guard troops have been and are continuing to be deployed from this area both to Iraq and Afghan. However it is QUITE unusual to see the sheer amount of equipment depicted particularly for this area. We are nowhere even remotely near any type of port or major staging area where one may load equipment onto any type of over seas cargo vessel be it boat or large aircraft. We ARE however very near the Greenbriar installation although not sure if that has any meaningful significance as its believed by most locals that the facility no longer serves as a major fallout shelter for the continity (spell check?) of government agenda.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You guys arent the only state seeing these I saw a video on yt about 2 weeks ago that had the same types of trains that where just chugging along loaded to the hilt with those, but no tanks just hv's. If they are moving them for the middle east seems to me they wouldnt be trucking them all over the place.
weird that they have tankers with the line I mean they are going over seas to a country we are in that produces gas, next time see if you can get some close ups of the hazmat plaques. They are those white ones with red flames at the base of the tank, we can look up the numbers and see whats in them.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't recall seeing that color pattern in the middle east. That is in fact a different camo pattern. It kinda reminds me of a desert/tundra color. More suited for africa if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Are they not just gearing up for the Afghanistan surge soon to take place?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Lets put on our thinking caps for a moment shall we?........For what purpose could hundreds of these things with enough fuel to last years heading out into the middle of nowhere serve? They sure as heck aint thinking about storing them some place now are they? Think.....no ports near by, no landing strips or airports large enough to facilitate the use of any known type of aircraft large enough to transport them. This is not an exercise maneuver either. These things are for use more in the near term than the distant future and they arent being shipped or flown overseas from way back in the boonies. So what could they be for?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirst

There IS a surge coming my friend. Most of us that live in the area those photos were taken in, or that have family and friends in the services, are acutely aware of the fact that for years they have used the local terrain for training in "preparation for Afghan". Apparently the military strategic commanders see a remarkable similarity in the terrain "round here" and in Afghan.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Seeing as how a train can go hundreds of miles with the network of rails across the country, and seeing as how these trains could have originated from anywhere and could be headed anywhere, I'd say it's a bit of a reach to think that there is something nefarious going on. Most likely they are being transported long distance, thus the use of trains instead of the units those are assigned to just driving them, and are either for training, being shipped overseas somewhere, or are new and are being shipped to whatever unit needs them.

Those are some great pics from a camera phone though.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is nothing new.......

We ship military trains all the time

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
More than likely the hummers are being taken to locations in the US for deployment. We all know the economy is going to crap and I am sure the government knows more. Could the government be preparing for martial law? Who knows but I certainly haven't learned to trust them unlike most people.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What direction from West Virginia were they headed? Perhaps they are pressed for time on the presidential inauguration and need troop deployment for national security. I think that area will be one hell of militarized zone for the 2 weeks before the big day. It will be a police/military zone in dc for January. And for the next up coming attack from terrorists we will need those troops to lay down the new laws and settle the startled nest. What ever it is, its for our own good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join