It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for American citizens to hand in their firearms willingly?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've been thinking lately, What would have to happen in order for the US Government to start rounding up our firearms?

I believe that this subject is very touchy and that US citizens wouldn't give them up without a fight. I KNOW they wouldn't.

The government will not accomplish this task without violence unless they get the majority of the American people to agree with them.

With that being said, I believe that something will have to happen on our soil that will make the American citizens want to give up their weapons.

I ask you!

What in your opinion will cause the American people to WANT too get rid of their fire arms?

JackCash

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JackCash

What in your opinion will cause the American people to WANT too get rid of their fire arms?

The only thing that I can think of that would make someone WANT to get rid of them would be when they are outlawed and the threat of keeping them is so large that you would rather give them up than face the consequences. Kind of like the threat of getting a 7 year prison sentence for participating in any form of civil disobedience.

Another "terrorist" act that would bring about an even more strict version of the Patriot Act which would call for the banning of all firearms. Then impose such a strict punishment that you would have to be crazy to get caught with one. Combine that with random searches (which are happening now) and convert neighbors into snitches for the government, consequently increasing the paranoia levels..... and I think the vast majority would end up turning them in.

That would take a lot of steps to happen but I think it is possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It is my belief that martial law will not come down on us overnight and the government will not swoop down and take our firearms.

I believe that they will manipulate or influence the American people to want to give them up.

I'm thinking of a false flag operation.

An operation in which a few armed "civilians" try to overrun a federal government building in the attemp of a coup of some sorts.

I believe that a false flag operation along these lines would help in influencing the American people to lay down their arms.

JackCash

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well in Australia this has already happened due fairly much to just one incident, and it was somewhat of a success although i can remember my dad hiding the guns just before the police knocked on the door and saying that they were sold years ago, and that was not so much because he wanted to be defiant or a belief that he had a right to those guns it was simply because they where his and he worked hard to earn them. I would imagine though in the US this would be a near impossible task for many reasons and i cant see it happening, i wouldnt rule out changes in gun ownership law but even then thats not going to go down well.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Since this is a basic right that has been upheld in court numerous times, I can think of no "legal" means of accomplishing this.

However, never say never. Quite frankly, someone would have to fight to disarm me. I could never take on an armored vehicle, but a group of people with illegal intents; there would be some mothers crying at the end of the day.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Never. No way way. No how.

Not to say some suckers won't just do the authorities say regardless of what that is.

The punishment for keeping your God given rights can never be too steep versus the punishment you'll get for giving everything up to the government!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Alot of people talk a big game when it comes to this subject, about how the government can "have my gun when they pry it from my dead hand". But more than likely the large majority will hand them over willingly just like we've handed over countless rights in the past. All the government need do is create a little panic, throw in some fear, and people will be lining up to give away their rights.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There is only one way they could take our guns away....

Over our dead bodies.

or as Charleton Heston said "from my cold dead hands".

[edit on 15-10-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
There is no foreseeable scenario where turning in weapons willingly is a good idea.

If the PTB suddenly saw the light and changed they way the country was run, it still should never happen. Freedom is an uphill struggle, and as soon as you let up, you lose ground. If the government wanted a Utopian country and everything was great, the weapons would never need to be used, but why turn them in?

Let's say that we did willingly turn them in, and things are great.
Somewhere down the line things start to slide, what do we do?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I certainly believe that some people will throw down their weapons at the drop of the hat. Primarily, the folks from the Left Coast and other large cities will turn in their skeet/trap guns and their grandpa's old .22 at the request of the govt.

However, when you look at the big picture, Johnny America will never surrender ALL of their weapons. There is a distinct reason why stores like Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops are so successful. The majority rules. Your average Joe enjoys and protects the right to hunt, shoot and fish. These folks populate the Breadbasket of America and every average small town in between. WE will never give up our rights to protect our families and homesteads when push comes to shove.

That being said, create a well concealed cache for your prized weapons and buy some junk to keep on hand to surrender if things really head south.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
There is only one way they could take our guns away....
Over our dead bodies.

I'm with him.
What would make me WANT to give away my firearms? Nothing.
Maybe after I'm dead I won't care if they take them, because then I will have no use for them.
But until then no way in hell.
And if they tried to force us to give them up, well...
May god have mercy on them, because I know I won't.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
The punishment for keeping your God given rights can never be too steep versus the punishment you'll get for giving everything up to the government!

I believe there are more than a few who subscribe to this belief. It may not be the majority when it comes down to the decision into action, but there would be many.

As far as disarming, it would take a generation or two of brainwashing to create the atmosphere of no guns. Get them young and let the older pro gun citizens to die off. At that point the powers will have they way and the country.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think as some one else said fear and panic would be a reason for a lot of people to turn their guns in. Food shortages, trade your gun in for a loaf of bread type situation could make people turn them in. I think there will still be a huge number of gun owners though that will not no way no how turn their guns in without a fight. If it comes down to that I think it would get very ugly, very quickly. I know they arent getting my guns, that isnt big talk that is the damn truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In the MidWest, Western & Southern USA . . .

NOTHING would do it.

--welllllll MAYBE:

--wholesale very effective waveform mind control.
--death
--demonic possession
--robot making substance in the drinking water

essentially . . . nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the ONLY way they will get mine is from the grasp of rigor mortis. they will also need to pick up the firearms from the dead grip of the first 7 bastards that try to take my weapons from me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I guess if facing down the barrel of some government thugs gun and standing alone still in good health with much life left to live I would RELUCTANTLY hand them over to preserve my own life but I'm pretty sure I would be regretting that everyday until I die.

Now if I hadnt much left to live for theyd have to kill me. Hell, who knows, I could have everything to live and still they might have to kill me.

Depends on whether or not I'd had my coffee when they some knocking.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Americans would give up guns if America was perfect. People are hunting more often using guns because livestock are being fed melamine. Ban melamine, cloned animals, and animals which have been fed drugs and hormones which make them unsafe to eat. Stop making Americans so poor that they need to hunt their food or steal in order to survive. Crime goes up during economic depressions particularly engineered depressions. Americans will do what it takes to protect themselves and their families. Of course the new world order will do none of this ,freedom and prosperity are the last things the would be rulers of the(new) world( order) want.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by JackCash

The only thing that I can think of that would make someone WANT to get rid of them would be when they are outlawed and the threat of keeping them is so large that you would rather give them up than face the consequences. Kind of like the threat of getting a 7 year prison sentence for participating in any form of civil disobedience.

If they were to threaten any of us with prison time for wanting to keep our guns and exercise our rights, then at that point it becomes quite clear that we are to go to war. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
Alot of people talk a big game when it comes to this subject, about how the government can "have my gun when they pry it from my dead hand". But more than likely the large majority will hand them over willingly just like we've handed over countless rights in the past. All the government need do is create a little panic, throw in some fear, and people will be lining up to give away their rights.

You're wrong here. I'd love to see the government try this across the nation. There would be war, and alot of bloodshed. They got away with it during Katrina because people were spread out and separated, alone and scared.

Announce nationwide that guns are banned and they will be coming for them, and all they'll be leaving with is alot of bodies, ours and theirs.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Announce nationwide that guns are banned and they will be coming for them, and all they'll be leaving with is alot of bodies, ours and theirs.

I don't believe that they will do it that way. Thats what I'm trying to say. IF/WHEN the government decides that it doesn't want it's citizens to own or posess firearms, I believe that the government won't just say, "hey give up your guns or else".

They know that there will be some sort of uprising to this, and they don't want to cause widespread chaos. There are just too many of us for them to handle.

I believe that the government will cause something to happen so the majority of the people will hand in their wapons. An attack or something of that nature.

With a good number of Americans willingly giving up their firearms, when they do come knocking on the rest of the doors to take the rest of them, there will be far less people armed to resist.

Just my opinion.

JackCash

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join