It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Thread Start Date be added to Recent Posts listing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is a request that the Thread Start Date be added to the information listed on the Recent Posts table.

I feel this would be especially helpful in regards to the "Breaking News" threads. It would let users know at a glance if a thread was created recently or three years ago.

If requests are taken into consideration based on member feedback, and if you agree this would be valuable (or if you're against it for whatever reason), please add your opinion on the matter.

Thanks guys!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
When you click on a thread title you can planely see the date and time that a thread was started in the op. I can understand where your coming from, reading threads that are over 5 years old can be a bit confusing especially when the op is no longer a member.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yes, it does...But you have to click on the thread title.

If it were listed with the threads/topics instead of or in addition to the date and time of the last post, you wouldn't have to click on the thread title. I know, doesn't seem like a big deal to some. For an anal person such as myself? It is very ANNOYING to click on threads only to find out they are not LATE BREAKING NEWS.

OP, I agree; this would be valuable. Especially in the BREAKING NEWS threads!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
...yes i totally agree with this one, i would like to see the date of the OP listed in the recent posts table, this is where i generally look first, on ATS for the alternative point of view, or to see recent news i, or 'they' (the MSM) may have missed elsewhere...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That'd required another field to be added to the database. They just removed views because there was enough useless data being stored and displayed. I think a thread start date is quite useless, you only need to be able to read the last post date.

What purpose does knowing the start date have, because knowing?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
For instance, if there is a post which says something like "school shooting happening right now!!!" and you look at the last post date and get the current day, and click on the thread, when it opens it is from three years ago. This is not specific example, just hypothetical.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Great idea!

Many of us use the "recent posts" filter to view the forums. It would be nice to see the origination date/time of the thread.

new topics

top topics

join