It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's Keith Olberman Responds to Palin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
MSNBC's Keith Olberman aired this video, i am not sure which day but i'm pretty sure it was recently. In it he discusses the "terrorist" connection Obama has, and the the "domestic terrorist" connection Palin has.

It's a good listen either way if you got the time, it's about 11 mins long.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ahhahahaahahaaaa!
Palin is such a bimbo.
Sadly enough, I fear that the McPalin campaign will end up stealing the election.
The american public doesn't seem to have the attention span critical thinking demands. They just wanna be told everything's fine and go back to their consuming and excessive lifestyles.
Keith is right. We're gonna need luck...regardless of who gets the vote.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thank God for Keith Olbermann.
He is the only person in the MSM at this point that speaks any resemblance of truth, and he does it often.
Palin was never vetted by the McCain campaign, and although she is hot, she lacks any substance whatsoever.

Olbermann got his inspiration with Hurricane Katrina. When "Brownie" mistakenly uttered: "The State of New Orleans is in a hell of a mess" (or something like that, I don't remember the exact quote), Olbermann went crazy. According to his book, that's when he wrote his first rant against the incompetence of the Bush administration. I mean, c'mon, New Orleans a state? These people had no clue about what they were doing, and Olbermann pointed it out... And became a hit.
He's been doing it ever since, thank God.
Bless you Keith, and keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have to say, his performance was a bit over-the-top don't you think?

Mr. Olberman's tirades are entertaining, and based on factual data, but the need to render as he does makes me think it's tinged slightly by bias.

The McCain-Palin ticket is weak. Palin is of a kind with the remainder of the Republican cheer-leader glee-club. Her failures are hardly representative of the Republican party, and this is what troubles me.

This whole piece is about lambasting Palin.

American's have much more severe and immediate issues to address. As to whether this politician/celebrity is laughable and ignorant is well, irrelevant.

Our Nation is being dragged into a "new order", and all he can see is a politician's flubs, missteps, and misrepresentations..., as if that were the important issue of the day.

But it's his show I suppose he can speak to whatever topic he desires.

Personally, I like the guy, but he is no font of inescapable wisdom, and neither is the Democratic party. They are both jokes. He should be bashing the foundation of the system that has failed us for the last 100 years, not the latest political/celebrity target in the political/entertainment production.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Olberman is the one of the biggest partisan hacks on television today.

I'll agree his tirades are entertaining to watch sometimes, but he couldn't be more biased and slanted if he tried.

The only thing that would have been more entertaining was a video response from Chris Matthews. We could have watched him get "tingly feelings" up his legs whenever he looked at Obama pictures.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I have to say, his performance was a bit over-the-top don't you think?

Well, that's the genre!

Mr. Olberman's tirades are entertaining, and based on factual data

Aaah, that last bit is what I value in his work!

The McCain-Palin ticket is weak.

Verily, verily thou hast spoken.

Personally, I like the guy, but he is no font of inescapable wisdom

For that, we can tune to Lou Dobbs any time!

He should be bashing the foundation of the system that has failed us for the last 100 years

Again, Lou is your man.

As for Keith -- let him keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
keith olberman over the top??? biased??? has anyone watched sean hannity on FOX NEWS??? keith is in the little league compared to that guy.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

has anyone watched sean hannity on FOX NEWS??? keith is in the little league compared to that guy.

And that's why when Hannity goes on his tirades, people around here dismiss him extremely quickly as partisan and lend no credence to anything he says. Yet when Olberman or one of the left wing mouth pieces spouts off, it's taken seriously and discussed here as real news.

It's the classic double standard.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Now I never intended for this to be seen as "real news" and if it's taken that way, then that is how the viewer decrypted it as.

I as well found it a bit over the top and zany but, I believe it was worth discussing. If anyone can find a video from MSM that counters what He says, please by all means post it

If anything it will make for a lively discussion.

And yes there are more pressing issues going on in America right now but, the populace at large and the MSM seem obsessed with this "Palin" phenomenon and as such, this is worth their reporting. If only to try and straighten up some of the indescrepancies both sides of the party line are saying.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Olberman has a style which cannot be denied but to say he is anything more than a little biased is wrong. Olberman was the first MSM to speak up about the degredation of our rights and our nation under the Bush/Cheney Coup that stole the election in 2000 and - well - the rest is history. I think it will be interesting to see how his reporting changes with a Democrat government. I will bet you that he keeps the burner on high under any Dem or GOP that would trample our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

If he doesn't I will be disappointed to say the least.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
And that's why when Hannity goes on his tirades, people around here dismiss him extremely quickly as partisan and lend no credence to anything he says. Yet when Olberman or one of the left wing mouth pieces spouts off, it's taken seriously and discussed here as real news.

Everything is a matter of taste. In my view, Hannity is more arrogant and less intelligent than Olbermann. Your mileage may vary.

Nobody takes Keith as "real news", it's called "opinion journalism". Sorry to break this to you.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well said Stik!
I, too, wonder what will become of his career under a sane administration. I dare say, his schtick will become moot. Yes, Olbermann is a bit "over the top" as it may be, but he tends to point out hypocrisy and incompetence like a master. I, too, believe that he will continue to do so no matter who is in power. He just had it waaaayyyy too easy with these bunch of clowns!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tevis69
Now I never intended for this to be seen as "real news" and if it's taken that way, then that is how the viewer decrypted it as.

I as well found it a bit over the top and zany but, I believe it was worth discussing. If anyone can find a video from MSM that counters what He says, please by all means post it

If anything it will make for a lively discussion.

And yes there are more pressing issues going on in America right now but, the populace at large and the MSM seem obsessed with this "Palin" phenomenon and as such, this is worth their reporting. If only to try and straighten up some of the indescrepancies both sides of the party line are saying.

Tevis,

I'm sorry if it seemed I was criticizing your post. It was not my intention. It was just so focused on this lady, it kind of prompted me to point out that I would rather he stick to the issues of our eroding democratic republic and the corruption of the constitutional ideals we (I hope) all cherish.

No disrespect for you was intended and I thank you for starting this thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Max,

I agree as well on the issues of our loss of our consitutional rights and freedoms. And thank you

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Olberman has a style which cannot be denied but to say he is anything more than a little biased is wrong. Olberman was the first MSM to speak up about the degredation of our rights and our nation under the Bush/Cheney Coup that stole the election in 2000 and - well - the rest is history. I think it will be interesting to see how his reporting changes with a Democrat government. I will bet you that he keeps the burner on high under any Dem or GOP that would trample our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

If he doesn't I will be disappointed to say the least.

I'll take that bet, ANYDAY if Barack Obama wins POTUS. Remember Keith Olbermann was the guy that said he felt his knees "getting weak just watching Obama" at the DNC.

Obama could abolish the entire Constitution and wipe his a$$ with it and Keith Olbermann would find some way to justify it, AND jump down the throats of anyone who dared to question why Obama would do such a thing. The man is full of himself and wants nothing more than America to become a third world nation. Sad thing is, a lot of you seem to want the same thing because you think Olbermann is the greatest thing ever.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Olberman says this about the KNOWN domestic terrorist: "he is a REABILITATED, former domestic radical from the 60's"

hmmmmmm...ic

So then I guess Olberman would also be ok with a REABILITATED former sex offender rapist of a 5 year old teaching kindergarten...because he did it soooo long ago...that it no longer matters...right?

When are people going to wake up and see Obama nor Mccain are going to change a damn thing...and those expecting these political miracles as soon as BIG BAD BUSH leaves are only fooling themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

See but that's kind of the point of the Special Comments that he does. It's a chance for him to monologue about his opinions and what he wants to talk about. No granted, he also wants to keep his viewers entertained while giving them fact, so you get these tirades. I've seen him do pecial comments on a whole slew of topics and I believe there are a few in which he criticizes the very foundations.

Maybe you have, but if not, I'd recommend checking out more of his opinions. They're informative and entertaining at the very least.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
So then I guess Olberman would also be ok with a REABILITATED former sex offender rapist of a 5 year old teaching kindergarten...because he did it soooo long ago...that it no longer matters...right?

Aaah, same schtick... "Reductio ad Hitlerum"

Ayers is a PROFESSOR at UI. Get real.

Tim Allen, the actor, faced a life sentence for dealing coke and ended up serving time before being released on parole. By your logic, anyone who enjoys "Home Improvement" is a gangsta. Don't drag taboos into this discussion (as you did above), it's cheap.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by rcwj75

Aaah, same schtick... "Reductio ad Hitlerum"

Ayers is a PROFESSOR at UI. Get real.

Tim Allen, the actor, faced a life sentence for dealing coke and ended up serving time before being released on parole. By your logic, anyone who enjoys "Home Improvement" is a gangsta. Don't drag taboos into this discussion (as you did above), it's cheap.

And you still miss the point, as always, Buddha. Tim Allen was paroled because he was apologetic for committing his crimes.

Ayers has never once apologized for his crimes while he was in the Weather Underground. To this day he remains unrepentant. He was never found guilty of those crimes because his case was dismissed on a technicality. So he's never even served time for doing all the horrible things that he did.

Big difference in the two that you like to ignore because it serves your selfish purpose. One was man enough to admit his wrongdoings. The other isn't even worthy to be called a man.

*Edited for clarity*

[edit on 15-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
No Olbermann, Governor Palin is not smarter than the rest of us, she is simply smarter than you.

Olbermann is so far-left of reality, that his own Mom called him a Foul-ball at birth. What a joke this guy is. Comparing the AIP to some clown who actually planted bombs is the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard. When Joe Vogler blows up the Balto Statue in Central Park, then you could at least stretch a comparison. However, the idea that ANY American could ever show sympathy to not only a Terrorist against this Nation, but a Traitor none-the-less, is FAR beyond any reasoning I might comprehend.

Then on top of that to actually call Bill Ayers "Rehabilitated", where is THAT coming from!? He not only reiterated his justification and longing for his acts of Terrorism as recent as 2001, but he did so again in 2004! This is not a case of a suspect who was alleged to have committed crimes and found innocent. Ayers OPENLY admits to committing these crimes, and over a 40 year time-span he has NEVER ONCE apologized.

As for that LAME excuse of "Obama was only 8 years old", that has to be the most ignorant justification I have EVER heard. So I assume that because Hitler was around before I was born, it would be cool for us to become close acquaintances, correct?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join