It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think im starting to be psychic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
hi everyone. i talked with my mom today about whats been happening to me as of late. i have always been able to see certain things before they happen when i was younger. not anything spectacular but little dejavu moments. like i would know a certain event would take place usually 10 to 20 minutes before they happen. exactly like deja vu actually.

so that being said this past year its been getting alot stronger. whenever i get all psychicy i dont know what else to call it i get really dizzy and my vision goes blurry and its like i leave my body. sometimes it lasts like a few seconds, other times(and this is scary) ill be doing something and not know it. its like i come back to my body but i dont know where my mind was for that time. like working or driving. one time i kept checking the clock on my car to see how long i would go out for. one time i clocked in on 15 minutes of me not remembering driving but i drove for miles. i come back doing what i was doing before with a smooth transition.

so lately i have been getting that wierd feeling, dizzy, blurry vision, and loss of time but for only a few seconds and i get a feeling of a person or situation and then i see them like 15seconds to about 5 minutes later. every single time. its getting to the point where it doesnt scare me anymore and i just think to myself i better listen to what going on in my head. when i talked to my mom she said my grandma and great grandma were slightly psychic to so im wondering if this is genetic.

what should i do with all of this? does anyone know if its going to get worse? it scares me alot sometimes. i dont like to talk about it because i get embaressed that people will think im wierd or crazy. anyone have any advice?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by truthwillneverberevealed

A few things to note:

1. You might get a better response to this on the Paranormal Studies board.

2. Deja vu is the phenomena of feeling you've already been in a place that you've never been before. What you're describing is some combination of out of body experience and/or clairvoyance.

3. I would really get to a doctor if you've been experiencing dizzy, blurred vision with loss of time. There could be a whole host of neurological reasons for what you've been feeling.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos

A few things to note:

2. Deja vu is the phenomena of feeling you've already been in a place that you've never been before. What you're describing is some combination of out of body experience and/or clairvoyance.

3. I would really get to a doctor if you've been experiencing dizzy, blurred vision with loss of time. There could be a whole host of neurological reasons for what you've been feeling.

Good luck.

ahh crap are you serious? it doesnt hurt whenever it happens so i hope there is nothing wrong nuerologicaly.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

A few things to note:

Good luck.

ya your right, its not like deja vu i guess, because i already know what is going to happen before it happens. do people get pissed usually if i edit my original post?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

A few things to note:

Good luck.

ya your right, its not like deja vu i guess, because i already know what is going to happen before it happens. do people get pissed usually if i edit my original post?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
well. what i can say about things like this are... although hard to understand, and hard to come to peace with... things like this dont happen for no reason. you should understand your blessed with this talent... you should understand theres a reason for this talent... and you should be trying to figure out what it is. yes you may be at a disadvantage to the rest of the world in a way that you cant completely relate just because of the fact that you are open to something not many are... but dont take the fact that most people dont relate to seriously... you should know that most people on this planet... i would say about 90%... are completely messed up, and stupid, anyways.... look at this ability as a gift, and as if it was meant to be. rid all fear of it, and look within yourself to get to the bottom of it, and soon... you will.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by hiebsies]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I can relate alot to your experiences.I do believe Im psychic as Ive had experiences throughout my life also I hear/see/feel spirit and relayed a few messages.
But I also do the same whilst driving,its like theres a switch behind my eyes that makes it go blurry like,,,sorta like theres a sheet of clingfilm behind it and my mind goes blank,although I am aware Im driving but my eyes and mind arent really there.This also happens else where like in my home I'll just stare in one place ie.wall,ceiling,a person.My eyes are like widened and alert.

I have had 1 premonition come true also,about an actor being stabbed,I was with him spiritually in my sleep when he got stabbed,,found out the next morning on the front page of Sunday paper.

I have many deja_vus and many coincidences,,,coincidences happen most days with me.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Alienmindflare]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about editing your post. I'm not denying that you may have some sort of ESP ability, I'm just saying blurred vision with dizziness are very common symptoms of underlying physical pathologies. I'm not a doctor, so I would be safe if I were you and see if everything's ok. It doesn't have to hurt for it to be a problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i think that everyone had the ability to do a great many more amazinf things than we do at the moment]

it may be of some use for you to search for the indigo child thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Cedik]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiebsies
well. what i can say about things like this are... although hard to understand, and hard to come to peace with... things like this dont happen for no reason. you should understand your blessed with this talent... you should understand theres a reason for this talent... and you should be trying to figure out what it is. yes you may be at a disadvantage to the rest of the world in a way that you cant completely relate just because of the fact that you are open to something not many are... but dont take the fact that most people dont relate to seriously... you should know that most people on this planet... i would say about 90%... are completely messed up, and stupid, anyways.... look at this ability as a gift, and as if it was meant to be. rid all fear of it, and look within yourself to get to the bottom of it, and soon... you will.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by hiebsies]

ah thanks for the response. i want to be able to control it, if thats even possible. hopefully soon i will to. ill keep you posted.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmindflare

I can relate alot to your experiences.I do believe Im psychic as Ive had experiences throughout my life also I hear/see/feel spirit and relayed a few messages.
But I also do the same whilst driving,its like theres a switch behind my eyes that makes it go blurry like,,,sorta like theres a sheet of clingfilm behind it and my mind goes blank,although I am aware Im driving but my eyes and mind arent really there.This also happens else where like in my home I'll just stare in one place ie.wall,ceiling,a person.My eyes are like widened and alert.

I have had 1 premonition come true also,about an actor being stabbed,I was with him spiritually in my sleep when he got stabbed,,found out the next morning on the front page of Sunday paper.

I have many deja_vus and many coincidences,,,coincidences happen most days with me.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Alienmindflare]

yes! its nice to talk to someone dealing with the same thing. where do you think we go when we leave? why cant we see where we go? i want to know what is happening when i seemingly leave my body.

also im getting a premonition i guess. its not very strong but its something about the lower half of the east coast. an event is going to happen that is serious, im not getting anything that involves nature but i am getting that people are going to have to act fast enorder to stop violence. it almost looks like a bank type of building with people running out in suits with a very suprised/scared look on their faces. i dont know when it will happen but that has been going on in my head for about 2 weeks daily. hopefully nothing will happen and everything will be ok.

the biggest thing that scares me is, what if i see an event before it happens and i talk about it then people might think i did it. that scares the hell out of me. because i dont think people are really open to the fact that there are people who see things like this.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
i think that everyone had the ability to do a great many more amazinf things than we do at the moment]

it may be of some use for you to search for the indigo child thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Cedik]

ill check him/her out! thanks.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I agree with everything people have said so far (indigo child I am on the fence about).

I for one would defiantly see a doctor about the dizziness just to be on the safe size. Although I think you are on the right path. Acknowledging you have a gift is the first step. The second is coming to terms and not fearing it. Remember it is a gift and nothing to fear.

I suggest you actively search for people within your community to help you. Be careful though as some people will look to exploit you. Eventually you will find that people of the like mind will be drawn to you and you to them. When you find these people they will become life long friends and you will enjoy the journey.

I also suggest meditating. Not necessarily as the Buddhist do, but in your own way. Just gather your thoughts and relax let the energy of the universe in. I have recently started charging my chakras and it has open many doors i.e lucid dreaming.

I want to share a little about myself with you also. From around 8 years old (I'm 25 now) I have been seeing spirits and communicating with them. Its wonderful and scary all at the same time. Around the time I hit puberty I started have premonitions. These have slowly gone away for reasons I don't know. I guess cause I wasn't fond of them. I have a strong telepathic link with many friends and family members. One of which lives in Las Vegas and I live near Chicago. I am of the Wicca religion. I am not trying to promote it but it may be something you want to look into along with shamanism, druidism, and any other past religion.

Welcome to the world of the unknown
. I believe your third eye is awakening and you will find that a lot of people feel as you do, but please please see a Doctor to be on the safe side for the dizziness.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey

Well I dont really go anywhere just my mind is totally blank whereas normally Ive got something all the time going on in there.
If you started to see where you were going then you totally wouldnt be in control of your driving when it happens then.I think what Ive been told to develop my psychic gifts is to meditate,,gifts get more stronger and more clear then.

I cant really say alot about the premonition but I do think something huge is gonna happen,even made a few youtube videos last year and mentioned it on one of them,just saying I feel something huge is gonna happen soon.It is about the violence and hate/war.I think theres many that are the same and think the same and I 99% believe it will be in our lifetime that something will come to stop all this.
And I wouldnt worry to much if your premonition does come true Im sure at the time of it you will be doing something completley different and in a different county.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hILB3rT
I agree with everything people have said so far (indigo child I am on the fence about).

I for one would defiantly see a doctor about the dizziness just to be on the safe size. Although I think you are on the right path. Acknowledging you have a gift is the first step. The second is coming to terms and not fearing it. Remember it is a gift and nothing to fear.

I suggest you actively search for people within your community to help you. Be careful though as some people will look to exploit you. Eventually you will find that people of the like mind will be drawn to you and you to them. When you find these people they will become life long friends and you will enjoy the journey.

I also suggest meditating. Not necessarily as the Buddhist do, but in your own way. Just gather your thoughts and relax let the energy of the universe in. I have recently started charging my chakras and it has open many doors i.e lucid dreaming.

I want to share a little about myself with you also. From around 8 years old (I'm 25 now) I have been seeing spirits and communicating with them. Its wonderful and scary all at the same time. Around the time I hit puberty I started have premonitions. These have slowly gone away for reasons I don't know. I guess cause I wasn't fond of them. I have a strong telepathic link with many friends and family members. One of which lives in Las Vegas and I live near Chicago. I am of the Wicca religion. I am not trying to promote it but it may be something you want to look into along with shamanism, druidism, and any other past religion.

Welcome to the world of the unknown
. I believe your third eye is awakening and you will find that a lot of people feel as you do, but please please see a Doctor to be on the safe side for the dizziness.

thanks, its funnyyou said that about the exploit thing. i havent met anyone that i think would do that but, i do get these things that happen to me with certain people. i get a really strong feeling that i need to stay away from this person, than i see them in my head. then i get all blurry vison dizzy leave my body ect. then i see the person usually 15secs to a couple minutes later. i got a really bad one the other day. i knew this guy named john from hs and all that happened and it was like something was telling me to stay away and go away from this person asap. this was stronger than usual. and sure enough about 15 seconds later he came into my store and i went in the back wherehouse until i felt it was safe to come out. this happens to me with strangers to. i wonder if its the type of people your talking about? oh im 23m.

what type of meditation do you think works the best. when i was 19 i read about out of body experiances and how to do it. it seemed like it was a sort of meditation. but anyway, i tried it everynight for a couple months but would always end up falling asleep. i tried it before i went to sleep while i was laying down. but i think i was almost succesful which scared me alot. i was trying to leave and it was like there was a wind storm in my ears and i had my eyes closed but i saw a really wierd light, it was a like a fog but a really bright fog and i felt a huge pressure on my chest and it was like i was being sucked from my body. and i got scared and instantly came back to my body. it was really trippy and i havent tried it since.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Hey

Well I dont really go anywhere just my mind is totally blank whereas normally Ive got something all the time going on in there.
If you started to see where you were going then you totally wouldnt be in control of your driving when it happens then.I think what Ive been told to develop my psychic gifts is to meditate,,gifts get more stronger and more clear then.

I cant really say alot about the premonition but I do think something huge is gonna happen,even made a few youtube videos last year and mentioned it on one of them,just saying I feel something huge is gonna happen soon.It is about the violence and hate/war.I think theres many that are the same and think the same and I 99% believe it will be in our lifetime that something will come to stop all this.
And I wouldnt worry to much if your premonition does come true Im sure at the time of it you will be doing something completley different and in a different county.

ah thanks, i hope im in another country when something big goes down here in america. in the post above this one i think i talked about an oob i tried to get. will meditation be like that? i mean does it always lead up to a oob type of event? also how much stronger do you think you have gotten psychicly from meditating?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
First of all whats an oob?

Oh just thought is it the mind going off?

I havent done much meditating but I found the best for me are the ones that talk their way through the cd,but everyone is different,just need to lay down comfortably and have a good mediating cd that suits you and relax.I aint no expert on it though but just know it can help.

If you do it though have a pen and paper handy and write down anything that pops up in your mind,no matter how bizarre.

I did a few readings that way and gave years/names/places to a few and 50% of A4 page was correct.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

First of all whats an oob?

Oh just thought is it the mind going off?

I havent done much meditating but I found the best for me are the ones that talk their way through the cd,but everyone is different,just need to lay down comfortably and have a good mediating cd that suits you and relax.I aint no expert on it though but just know it can help.

If you do it though have a pen and paper handy and write down anything that pops up in your mind,no matter how bizarre.

I did a few readings that way and gave years/names/places to a few and 50% of A4 page was correct.

awesome im going to try that. ill let you now what i get!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There are certain types of people that their energy just doesn't mesh with our own. It's not that they are bad people they are just at a different level. Sometimes these people, knowingly or not, will drain our energy. This may be the reason for the dizziness. I know it happens to me sometimes when I'm being mentally attacked. Although I think what you are describing might be a little different. Next time it happens try imaging a shield of white light surrounding you. Visualization is a key tool in developing your psychic abilities.

Meditation is different for everybody. Some like the traditional legs crossed and chanting. I prefer to lay on my back and listen to my breathing. As I can never shut my thoughts completely down ( one of the points of meditation) I found listening to my breathing helps me get into a relaxed stated. Which often times leads me to falling a sleep. Falling a sleep during meditation is not a bad thing either.

As far as OOBE's it seems you have already found out that you can do it. It is hard for a lot of people to do simple because you are leaving behind your physical body. This is scaring in and of itself. I have been experimenting off and on with OOBE's for the last 10 years and still have yet to fully experience it. Take your time with it don't rush it. When the time comes you will truly enjoy it. I suggest you learn a little more about the astral realm and the Do's and Don't s.

Also since your just beginning to come to terms with your gifts you now are going to be more open to mental attacks. Your going to need to learn to recognize them and protect yourself from them. You were doing this unconsciously before, but now you have opened a can of worms so to speak. I suggest starting with the visualizing of the light shield. This is very basic but effective. Take some time to learn about your aura also. This is the energy you will hear about.

O.k. I am rambling now. I just want to point out that these are all opinions of mine. I am no expert and every must follow there own path. I will try to edit this later with some links.

Merry meet, Merry part, Merry meet again
HiLB3rt

edit: Guide to astral projection (OOBE)

meditation - jsut skimmed this one but it looked like a good start.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hILB3rT
There are certain types of people that their energy just doesn't mesh with our own. It's not that they are bad people they are just at a different level. Sometimes these people, knowingly or not, will drain our energy. This may be the reason for the dizziness. I know it happens to me sometimes when I'm being mentally attacked. Although I think what you are describing might be a little different. Next time it happens try imaging a shield of white light surrounding you. Visualization is a key tool in developing your psychic abilities.

Meditation is different for everybody. Some like the traditional legs crossed and chanting. I prefer to lay on my back and listen to my breathing. As I can never shut my thoughts completely down ( one of the points of meditation) I found listening to my breathing helps me get into a relaxed stated. Which often times leads me to falling a sleep. Falling a sleep during meditation is not a bad thing either.

As far as OOBE's it seems you have already found out that you can do it. It is hard for a lot of people to do simple because you are leaving behind your physical body. This is scaring in and of itself. I have been experimenting off and on with OOBE's for the last 10 years and still have yet to fully experience it. Take your time with it don't rush it. When the time comes you will truly enjoy it. I suggest you learn a little more about the astral realm and the Do's and Don't s.

Also since your just beginning to come to terms with your gifts you now are going to be more open to mental attacks. Your going to need to learn to recognize them and protect yourself from them. You were doing this unconsciously before, but now you have opened a can of worms so to speak. I suggest starting with the visualizing of the light shield. This is very basic but effective. Take some time to learn about your aura also. This is the energy you will hear about.

O.k. I am rambling now. I just want to point out that these are all opinions of mine. I am no expert and every must follow there own path. I will try to edit this later with some links.

Merry meet, Merry part, Merry meet again
HiLB3rt

edit: Guide to astral projection (OOBE)

meditation - jsut skimmed this one but it looked like a good start.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by hILB3rT]

EXCELLENT! it makes perfect sense that some people would be draining. i will definitly try the visualization of the white light. i will go to all of those links. im really excited to see what will come with the meditation and everything like that. i was reading today that you can eventually communicate with people through dreams, maybe one of these days ill be talking to you and other people i meet on ats out of body lol. you never know. thanks for everything i really appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join