It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Foot Story I missed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I watched a TV show (Canadian) the other night (mystery something?) and it featured a story about a Big Foot abduction case, the first one ever reported.

The story takes place in 1924, deep in the British Columbia woods; although not reported until 1955 due to fear of ridicule.

A 30-30 might not have much effect on this fellow, it might make him mad, I only had six shells so I decided to wait. There must be a better way than killing him, in order to get out from here

The gentleman involved was Albert Ostman, a construction hand wanting to make it rich in the prospecting game, which was flourishing in BC at the time.

My first thought was ‘just another BF abduction’ , but what makes the story somewhat believable and at least interesting is the fact that this was the first reported case of someone being abducted or even having contact with the supposed Sasquatch.

With all the interviews of this guy over the years, his story has never once differed from the original, that alone can offer some merit but in addition to a believable story he also gave vivid and precise descriptions of the creatures (including anatomy) as well as their behaviors.

As mentioned, I am less than a believer when someone comes forward with an outlandish abduction case, but this one however made me re-think my current status.

Some popular Crypto-related people as well as scientists tend to believe Albert’s story due to the information provided by him. Many also believe his story may have been the basis for a large amount of all the other reported abductions throughout the Pacific Coast, thus using the information he provided to suit there own experience/non-experience.

If nothing else, it does make for a good story. One I had never heard about or decided it was fake without showing any interest.

Here is an account of what happened to him.

Here's basically the same story reported by BFRO

And this from Cryptomundo where I can't tell if the story is deemed credible or just a story

Can we believe this is the first actual reported Sasquatch/BF abduction case? (Tabloids not included, “I’m carrying BF’s child” or “I danced with BF” etc.)

Do you think that maybe the story is a hoax?

HAS this story been the basis for many of the other abduction cases believed to be hoaxed?

Let me know your thoughts…

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

There are many threads on this story. It is a good one, but there is nothing to back up the stories. Many think the story was made up, but it is a detailed one. I am on the fence with this one.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
My feelings as well, On the fence.

What does amaze me about the story is that this guy 'supposedly' had next to no knowledge of BF, and what little he did know was totally different that what is perceived today by most.

Lucky guess on his behalf or did he have prior knowledge about BF and that's what his story is based on? Makes me wonder.

I did a search and came up with nothing for "Albert Ostman".

How far back were the posts? I would like to see some of the comments and what people felt... but I don't want to spend an hour going through them all to find it

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Does Mr. Osterman have living relatives? Close friends? Anything? Some one to at least grunt in acknowledgement or a firm denial?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Sorry, I heard somone say the word "Grunt", speak was the word i was grasping for. Geez, i just put us back in caveman days. sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I believe somewhere in all the doc's, it does mention his family not knowing about it until he divulged all the information years earlier.
Apparently, afraid of ridicule, he told no one.

It has been confirmed by family and friend that he was where he was at the time he said, but any additional information is known only to Osterman as he was alone when it occurred.

Having said that, I would like to see something from the guy that was at the cabin when Osterman seeked refuge.
A statement from this guy as to how his demeanor was at the time they met might help the story.

I'll do a little searching when I get the chance.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I always keep an open mind on such things, and have trained myself to say nothing is impossible!
There is always a small chance that big foot might be out there. However my personal feelings as an outdoors man is that chances are about 2% out of 100%!

I just dont see how herds of these Bigfoots can go unseen and un captured for soo very long! But hey not saying its impossible.. Im just saying I highly doubt there is a "bigfoot" in our contry.

Here in Florida we call the Swamp Apes. And every place seems to have a different name for them.
Ive spent alot of time outside, camping/homess to understand that nature is a very powerful being as a whole.
And we do not respect or understand this as a whole.

I just think by now someone would have tagged and bagged atleast one of these animals.. Or are they animals at all? Sure they are even we humans are animals.
I think bigfoot is you and I.. The whole time I think humans are bigfoot.
But then again I wont sit here and say yep, 100% false.. NO such thing.
Ive been proved wrong in the past.. So just in case someone eneds up bring one home, I wont have to eat my words..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Another thing in the story is that it happened in the 1920s and was told in the 1950s, before the Bigfoot craze really caught on in the 1970s. He did not get any financial gain for the story, but it could still of been a tall tale.
My main question is why would Bigfoot kidnap him to begin with?

new topics

top topics

join