It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Gloabl Warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Weekend cold set new record lows
Pendleton breaks 118-year-old record

www.eastoregonian.info...

This too will be ignored by the "we're all gonna burn up crowd". Global warming is a fake, this is more evidence that Al Gore is a moron........

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have been saying it is more like global freezing my @$$ off all along. I live in a place that MABEY when we were LUCKY got 2-4 days of snow in a winter, last year and the year before we had nearly 2 months worth. WTH???

here is a vid I made...

www.youtube.com...

trust me, we need to spread the word on this.....I know it is all "fluffy' and gentle looking, but it is also serious as can be, since it really is go time here on planet earth.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
We used to get more snow here, but we've been on the light side for several years now. But I seem to remember back in the late 70's and early 80's scientists were predicting major climate change, in the form of new ice age.
Gee, I wish they would make up my mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Being about 135lbs soaking wet, I get cold easy but this is crazy cold here this year.
And it seems like one day it was warm then the next, you had to have more cuddle time with the ole lady to keep warmer.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah, noticed that too.....one extreme to the other. I never know what to wear, because it is usually wayyyy hot, or wayyy cold. Barley a happy medium.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

You obviously don't understand global warming or the difference between weather and climate.

If one cold record proves global warming is not happening, does a warm record prove it is?

www.signonsandiego.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

You obviously don't understand global warming or the difference between weather and climate.

If one cold record proves global warming is not happening, does a warm record prove it is?

www.signonsandiego.com...

err actually I spent much of my professional life as a climate, environmental and energy conservation researcher. The "trend" since 1998 has been a worldwide cooling effect.

Dr. Kenneth Tapping is worried about the sun. Solar activity comes in regular cycles, but the latest one is refusing to start. Sunspots have all but vanished, and activity is suspiciously quiet. The last time this happened was 400 years ago -- and it signaled a solar event known as a "Maunder Minimum," along with the start of what we now call the "Little Ice Age."

www.dailytech.com...

The so called global warming effect "if true" would be a good thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Actually this is exactly what to expect from global warming, climate changes, cold where it is usually warmer or hot and vice versa. Climate changes have alway taken place, and always will. The only dispute is what part of it does man play, and can man find ways to survive it.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The real stupidity of Global Change is the direct observation of a little over 100 years out of millions, then calling for man to change the climate by his actions..............pure stupidity............

The period 900 - 1200 AD has been called the Little Climatic Optimum. It represents the warmest climate since the Climatic Optimum. During this period, the Vikings established settlements on Greenland and Iceland. The snow line in the Rocky Mountains was about 370 meters above current levels. A period of cool and more extreme weather followed the Little Climatic Optimum. A great drought in the American southwest occurred between 1276 and 1299. There are records of floods, great droughts and extreme seasonal climate fluctuations up to the 1400s.

From 1550 to 1850 AD global temperatures were at their coldest since the beginning of the Holocene. Scientists call this period the Little Ice Age. During the Little Ice Age, the average annual temperature of the Northern Hemisphere was about 1.0 degree Celsius lower than today. During the period 1580 to 1600, the western United States experienced one of its longest and most severe droughts in the last 500 years. Cold weather in Iceland from 1753 and 1759 caused 25% of the population to die from crop failure and famine. Newspapers in New England were calling 1816 the year without a summer.

www.physicalgeography.net...

Typical arrogance of the "well educated" generation of the 60's drugy morons........

God controls the weather, and in this end time, he will send storms to punish mankind for mans arrogance. He will burn man with the sun, for man's refusal to follow the commandments.....

[edit on 17-10-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Actually this is exactly what to expect from global warming, climate changes, cold where it is usually warmer or hot and vice versa. Climate changes have alway taken place, and always will. The only dispute is what part of it does man play, and can man find ways to survive it.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by space cadet]

AMEN to that! You hit the nail right on the head. If man plays a significant role in global warming via the greenhouse effect then I predict we will see a leveling of of some sort due to the coming economic downturn and the phase in of new cleaner technologies. One of Al Gore's points about global warming and run away greenhouse effect is that there is a theory that the sharper the rise, the sharper the fall. The climate is so complex it is hard to keep track of all the feedback effects.

Global dimming is caused by increased particulates in the air and has been blamed for some cooling of the overall climate. On the other hand a warmer planet might see increased evaporation resulting in more cloud cover and cooler temperatures as well as decreased snow and ice melting.

I think the main problem people have with "global warming" and "climate change" are the proposed steps to alleviate the situation through "taxes" and "carbon credits".

I think everyone can agree that cleaner and more efficient technologies would be a good thing to bring on line. Everyone that is except for owners and shareholders of petroleum based companies.

Observation of past climate IS possible throught studying ice cores, tree rings and pollen in lake sediment layers among other things.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Typical arrogance of the "well educated" generation of the 60's drugy morons........

God controls the weather, and in this end time, he will send storms to punish mankind for mans arrogance. He will burn man with the sun, for man's refusal to follow the commandments.....

[edit on 17-10-2008 by heliosprime]

Classic man! The more you talk the more illustrate the lack of foundation in science that some exhibit when talking about climate science. Let's turn the tables and I will tell you the way I interpret the Bible (and the only correct way) tells me that man is supposed to be the gardener and caretaker of this beautiful planet.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

The problem with CO2 is that it actually follows tempretures by up to 800 years, it follows, not leads it.

Al goro caused it with his own hot air

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sun's Power Hits New Low, May Endanger Earth?
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Now I have been reading about this sun activity to pick up for months now,
www.deccanherald.com...

The farmers almanac
www.almanac.com...

I really have my doubts about global warming, and I doubt we will ever control the weather.
I sure don't trust Gore and his kyoto protocol.
www.dailygalaxy.com...

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
reply to post by stikkinikki

The problem with CO2 is that it actually follows tempretures by up to 800 years, it follows, not leads it.

Al goro caused it with his own hot air

I don't know Al goro. Perhaps you mean Al Gore? Without spending hours reviewing the literature (I have a job) and since you provided no links or references I can only offer the theory that increased warming causes increased carbon to be released from the ocean and decomposing plant and animal material. Greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere prevent solar energy from escaping back into space, hence the name greenhouse effect.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The potential for an ice age mini or not occur is well documented as a possible result of global warming.

The Gulf Stream has measureably slowed down - see NOAA figures. This means less warm air/water is being circulated to the artic. Add to this the higher levels of rainfall across northern europe and Russia (some of the worlds largest rivers empty into the Artic) and this dilutes the salinity of the artic ocean also documented. This in turn allows the permafrost to melt - happeninbg already and now we have the Methane Pyrates (spelling?) starting to be released from the ocea nfloor and the permafrost thus further speeding the process up.

Get your woolies in now

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Classic man! The more you talk the more illustrate the lack of foundation in science that some exhibit when talking about climate science. Let's turn the tables and I will tell you the way I interpret the Bible (and the only correct way) tells me that man is supposed to be the gardener and caretaker of this beautiful planet.

Well it is rather obvious you know little of the bible or climate sciences.

7The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

12And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

www.biblegateway.com...

and....

2And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

3And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

4And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

5And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.

6For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

7And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

8And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

www.biblegateway.com...

Just how much of the "Greenhouse Effect" is caused by human activity?

It is about 0.28%, if water vapor is taken into account-- about 5.53%, if not.

This point is so crucial to the debate over global warming that how water vapor is or isn't factored into an analysis of Earth's greenhouse gases makes the difference between describing a significant human contribution to the greenhouse effect, or a negligible one.

Water vapor constitutes Earth's most significant greenhouse gas, accounting for about 95% of Earth's greenhouse effect (4). Interestingly, many "facts and figures' regarding global warming completely ignore the powerful effects of water vapor in the greenhouse system, carelessly (perhaps, deliberately) overstating human impacts as much as 20-fold.

Water vapor is 99.999% of natural origin. Other atmospheric greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), nitrous oxide (N2O), and miscellaneous other gases (CFC's, etc.), are also mostly of natural origin (except for the latter, which is mostly anthropogenic).

Human activites contribute slightly to greenhouse gas concentrations through farming, manufacturing, power generation, and transportation. However, these emissions are so dwarfed in comparison to emissions from natural sources we can do nothing about, that even the most costly efforts to limit human emissions would have a very small-- perhaps undetectable-- effect on global climate.

www.geocraft.com...

Perhaps it is YOU who needs an education......

top topics

join