It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC protesters face "terrorism" charges and 7.5 years in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
www.ww4report.com...

In what appears to be the first use of criminal charges under the 2002 Minnesota version of the federal Patriot Act, Ramsey County prosecutors have formally charged eight alleged leaders of the RNC Welcoming Committee with "conspiracy to riot in furtherance of terrorism." Monica Bicking, Eryn Trimmer, Luce Guillen Givins, Erik Oseland, Nathanael Secor, Robert Czernik, Garrett Fitzgerald, and Max Spector, face up to seven and a half years in prison under the terrorism enhancement charge which allows for a 50% increase in the maximum penalty

"The charges represent an abuse of the criminal justice system and seek to intimidate any person organizing large-scale public demonstrations potentially involving civil disobedience."

This is the absolute truth. It scares me enough that I would have serious reservations about any sort of civil disobedience. FYI:"Oppression is the act of using power to empower and/or privilege a group at the expense of disempowering, marginalizing, silencing, and subordinating another group." This feels a lot like oppression if you ask me.

The criminal complaints filed by the Ramsey County Attorney do not allege that any of the defendants personally have engaged in any act of violence or damage to property.

7 1/2 years in prison with no actual violence or damage to property? This sounds an awful lot like a thought crime if you ask me. The precedence that this case will set is really frightening.

I pray that the jury doesn't convict these guys.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wow!!!

This is some serious doo doo...I do have faith that the Jury will NOT convict. That is if it truelly is a jury of peers.

Again...Wow!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
Wow!!!

This is some serious doo doo...I do have faith that the Jury will NOT convict. That is if it truelly is a jury of peers.

Again...Wow!!!

Well, if it were a true 'jury of peers', no. However, jury selection these days is a game. The persecutor will select folks that have already convicted these folks because of their political beliefs.

The slippery slope is now smoothed titanium covered in teflon and WD40 and silicone.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by traderjack]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No no, we have nothing to fear.
This ISN'T happening.
Only people who have broken into missile silo's are terrorists.
Our perfect government would NEVER do this to an innocent citizen.

At least thats what spacedoubt and gimme_some_truth say.
I'm some paste eating, tin foil hat wearing lunatic according to them.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Somehow "I told you so" doesn't really do it for me... lol

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I know that's Minnesota but apparently Maryland also feels it has the right to call protesters terrorists. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just saw ashamedamerican's link to the nuns being called terrorists in Maryland. What is with Maryland? That's two articles, both from the Washington post about Maryland labeling people terrorists.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Techsnow]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
s&F!!! for sure.. this story is more than confirmed.. see below for details...

www.democracynow.org...

campaignsilo.firedoglake.com...

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

www.in-forum.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So land of the free, is now land of 7.5 years in prison for protesting.

You need to change your national anthem.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's the really scary part.
When do they change it from being peaceful protesters, to ANYONE who openly speaks against the government? (that would be most of us)

BTW Komodo maybe it's just my computer but your embedded video isn't there it's blank.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So it’s finally going mainstream. Now anyone the PTB don’t like can be labeled ‘terrorists’ and chunked in the gulag. Better be absolutely obedient to your slave masters, or you’re a terrorist and for national security reasons you’ll be subject to ‘pain compliance’ and imprisonment. Lucky for these folks they still have the possibility of jury nullification, unlike some of us. I just can’t believe that the once great American people are allowing their freedom to stolen from them in slow motion like this. God help us.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well they DO kind of have us over a barrel with our pants at our ankles.

They have half of america too brainwashed to see the light of day if it slapped them across the face, and the other half too scared to even SAY the word revolution out of fear that they will be imprisoned for 7 years on terrorist charges.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for taking this country back from the fascist sadists that have hijacked it...

The problem is, we need to wake more people up to whats really happening, and even THEN we got the first brigade parked here in the good 'ol U.S.

And the biggest worry of all, you're talking about the sadists who executed 3,000 of their own people, for their own personal gain, and to further their political agenda.
What extent do you think people with this frame of mind would resort to, to stop us from removing them?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Well they DO kind of have us over a barrel with our pants at our ankles

And the biggest worry of all, you're talking about the sadists who executed 3,000 of their own people, for their own personal gain, and to further their political agenda.
What extent do you think people with this frame of mind would resort to, to stop us from removing them?

I hate to say it but I think you are right, we are over that barell and "the cabal" are having they way with us pretty much RAPING our freedoms and lowering our standards when the exact opposite should be happening in these times.

I really hope people wake soon before its to late, and yea these Satan worshiping mongrols will do things unthinkable to normal people which is going to make it very difficult to root them out. They sit back and laugh while they get us to fight eachother and label our differances. Divide and conquer has worked so well throughout human history.

new topics

top topics

join