It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still believe in UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I also still believe that the truth is out there.

I also still believe that we are not alone in the universe.

I also still believe in UFOs.

Ppl turn their backs to the UFO communitie bc they were expecting something to happen and were dissapointed. They feeling of dissapointment holds them from seeing the UFO phenomena in perspective IMHO.

It's too bad it didn't happen but it wud have been something like seeing G*d return to Earth. Don't think this Globe is ready, not yet

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Put me on the side of those who say that intelligent life must certainly exist somewhere else in the universe -- probably even the galaxy, but there is not enough evidence for me to say that those intelligent beings are visting us.

"Belief in extra-terrestial life" and the "belief in ET visitation of Earth in UFOs" are two totally separate issues. I believe in the first issue, but not even close to convinced about the second.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Anyone who no longer believes in UFO's because of the anti-climax of this ridiculous non-event doesn't belong in UFOlogy anyway.

If UFO's really are extra-terrestrial then they've obviously shown no interest in making any overt, "official" contact with our species over the last 60 years.

Secret or accidental contact with the Powers That Be - maybe. Personal, clumsy contact with abductees - possible. But even if those cases are true, the overlying theme has been at best - a total indifference to mankind's overall awareness of their presence among us.

So if you "believe", you can do one of two things:

1. Research the topic thoroughly and critically, staying humble and aware of the fact UFOlogy is a very frustrating and cryptic science. The answers are not waiting for you like some light at the end of a tunnel - and it won't get you anywhere if you're constantly projecting your pre-disposed beliefs onto it.

But if you get past that you'll find others like you on ATS, working together to separate fact from fiction, seeking wisdom in open discussion, and fighting the good fight in the ever-present war on ignorance. You can join them and actually PARTICIPATE in exposing a truth that seems to be held back from us, be it consciously or unconsciously...

OR

2. You can sit around and think happy thoughts and wait for someone else in this mad world to spoon-feed you everything you want to believe. In effect becoming nothing more than another sheep, but telling yourself disclosure will surely come when everyone else is "ready".

...Now which of these 2 options sounds like the proper path to enlightenment?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have had too many experiances not to believe..I decide for myself and nobody will influence me to what I believe in and dont believe in.....I have the proof in my own experiances that we are not alone,be it Alien,ghost or spirit...it makes no difference..I know the mind is a powerful thing,but I and people around me have witnessed too many things for it to be fake....
I am a believer and nobody will persuade me otherwise......

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyHarry

It's just an opinion, feel free to disagree.
You aren't hurting my feelings, or getting me riled up. I believe to each their own in this topic, I'm willing to accept my being wrong at any time, but whatever gets presented has to be solid. That's mainly all I am saying.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What I have seen over a decade ago was so impressing that only a very small amount of UFO sightings nowadays impress me.

I am even so skeptical about a lot of them that I classify them as man made but there is nothing that would keep me from believing/knowing.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Still believe spooky? Never had any doubt that UFOs exist ever since the first sighting. Our sky is full of activity. All these folk who propose this or promise that are cons, I don't ignore them because they make me laugh my socks off half the time, yet I believe no one really has a clue to the very real magic out there.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Blossom Goodchild...Medium. Has the ability (if true) to talk to entities unseen or heard by others.

She stated a spaceship would appear 14th October 2008 and remain visible for three days giving everyone a chance to see it. As we all know it didn't happen.

If I were able to talk with her I would like to know if she still believes her voices are telling her the truth. It seems to me either she is doing the lying for money/fame or her ability doesn't include sensing a mischievous spirit. Once you realise you've been lied to there's no going back and I hope Blossom Goodchild (if she hasn't done so already) will step up to the mike and explain...hopefully without any further dates.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

Ahh, thank you, lushy.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If they're fleeing because they don't believe anymore, because of Blossom, they didn't believe really to begin with. I think if you're basing beliefs off of some one who's driving at selling things, you need to think about how much of a sheep you are. It's not always best to "go with the crowd."

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Honestly I believe that the UFO topic is over run with mention of Extra Terrestrials. The term UFO is exactly that, unidentified, and most people do like to directly translate unidentified into extra terrestrial, on occasion.

The fact that UFOs exist is common knowledge. Whether it be from individual reputable sources or from (Mexican) Military and Canadian officials, the obvious is that UFOs are here. What I don't usually see is the masses of us trying to find an answer in the terrestrial fashion. We always look to ETs and instead question our own achievements as human beings. I'm sure that stealth fighters, with their super small radar signiture and their quiet jet engines, appeared as UFOs at some juncture in time. Fact being that the UFO seen by some was infact our own military, secret craft.

To sum up here.. Of course UFOs are out there and many people see UFOs around our globe. What's lacking in our community is the drive to find it in ourselves that human beings can create such things.

....or they really are ETs. Probably a mix.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

No government, no skeptic, no massive movements, no rational science can make me stop believing in UFOs.

Good for you, as Chris Rock said in Dogma...
-----------
Bethany: Having beliefs isn't good?

Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant.

-----------

But hey, if nobody was a true believer the world would be a pretty boring place. Myself, I believe in what I can see and touch, not a skeptic, but a man who knows when to trust his eyes, and when not to.

To me, it wasn't even within the realm of possibility that a UFO was going to appear, it was a concept so laughable I didn't give it a second thought. Of course nothing was going to happen, are you kidding me? That said, I'm glad there's people like you so that when I'm proven wrong our visitor friends arrive to a welcoming party and not an empty field.

Cheers Spooky Fox Mulder.

Edit: Ahh me and BB code dont get along sometimes

[edit on 10/15/08 by serial]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In response to the original post, of course I believe!

Our universe is entirely way too large for us to be the end all be all. I believe that we've been visited. I believe in UFOs. I also believe some of those UFOs are our own governments in some cases with black ops projects. There was a really good thread about that in the weaponry section. Think about what we are openly calling our "most advanced" crafts. Think about how LONG AGO those were conceptualized and built. Think about how far technology has come since then. I think it's just as much a given that we have unfathomable craft as there is intelligent life outside of our planet/solar system, whatever. I believe our own governments have a lot of the answers we all desperately want but they wouldn't give them up for anything. I think it's natural to want to be in power and stay in power and with that power comes knowledge about how things really are that we, citizens of the world, will probably never get to know in our lifetime.

After the whole Blossom crap, I haven't changed any of these beliefs in the least bit. It reassures me the ignorance and arrogance people are capable of. With the great interest in aliens and UFOs, there's definitely a market for it. So you get a savvy, yet ethically (maybe even mentally) flawed individual who spews total nonsense that plays on that market begging for you change. It's sad she could do that in the first place (and if she truly believed herself in her hearts of hearts then it's even more sad, and she needs proper medical attention) and it's also sad that people would believe anything from a source like that.

But most of all, I believe in reason, logic, and truth. I will always have reason and logic, no one will change that, and I will always seek truth using those tools.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

This thread is VERY needed now since the dissapointement level was a lot higher than usual.

Believers shouldn't really get discurage by this, and especially not because believers got ridiculed here on ATS. Just ignore those posts and continue believe what yoou want and never loose hope.

Don't forget about the increasing numbers of sightings world wide.
Something is still going on out there. Don't let one lady blogger ruin it all for you. Even though it never happened, I had a blast.
Reasing everyones thoughts and knowing so many of us here was so "into it" as they were was very fun and interesting.

So keep hunting the hidden facts!!

Good initiative spooky

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I believe that life exists out there. I don't believe it has come to our planet yet or maybe never will. I have an open mind that does not mean I am willing to believe anyone who comes along with a crazy tale. I demand proof or evidence and the lack of evidence for aliens visiting us is to overwhelming for something so big not to have left any behind.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Absolutely I believe that the Grays are here - have been for aeons. Other races are here, in UFO's. Humans are here in UFO's.

Why do I believe this? I read The Terra Papers (linked in my sig; written in the '60's before Star Wars).

I never believed all the Blossom Goodchild creppola.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
it seems undeniable that were not the only beings in the universe, or maybe solar system even...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

So you never believed one part of blossoms story because it was to way out there. Hmmm but you will believa another...ok then. The terra papers are another persons fantasy being taken as fact. Thats all it is and unless proved otherwise it will continue to be.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I really wish a few people, instead of using hatred and hurtful words, could direct to Blossom in a totally different way. They are the reason why we will never be visited by a Massive ET craft. Because we are not ready for it.

Why instead of calling her offensive names, you limit yourself to being dissapointed, give her thumbs up because she was also dissapointed but had the courage neither of us will have to put herself on the line for all of us; Maybe you don't remember how much effort it took her to release this information, as she was not at all convinced of its credibility herself.

I knew she was being missleaded. You just don't get a bunch of information from an entity and catalogue it as being from one of our Spiritual Leaders. Anyone, on the other realm, just for the simple reason of having a good laugh can mislead and misinform. She was saying what she was told, and that's what happens when you do that.

This is I believe, what happened to Blossom, and she went ahead because she was convinced that was the truth. I expected something but I was never convinced of it, because we are not ready.

Remember we still have FREE WILL, and a higher race of ETs (unlike our Government and Politicians) will not invade our FREE WILL. Mostly 70% of the people in this planet are not aware or do not give a damn about UFOs. 20% are skeptics and the other 10% or maybe less are those who believe, whom have had encounters and who wish for First Contact (like the UFO Community calls it).

Only when our human race, become 100% aware of ETs, and 100% willing to have it manifest, then we will see it come true.

Like I said on David Wilcock's Blog:

"I Understand the urge we have for some sort of new Messiah, but I guess we're on our own this time around. It's just sad that sometimes you wish the world would wake up in a blink or two, but it is just not possible."

You also have to understand the emotional state in which we are living right now, based on our economy and the fear of future wars; not only that, but a Religious Outbreak. At least the Catholics have started to accept the possibility of Extraterrestrial Life (Google Vatican and ETs).

With all the hatred and so many people acting in such negative ways, how do you expect a much higher, more advanced civilization to arrive and be part of a world crumbling in fear, hate, dislike and dishonor.

I wish with all of my heart that we can change our attitude, our ways of thinking, drop our negativity and our hatred, get to forgive Blossom and leave it all behind. You all knew it was not going to happen, but it did give you a good time to think more about what really lies within us, it made you ask yourself one question "Are we really not alone in the Universe after all?"

This failure does not mean at all, that we are not and have not been visited before; It does not mean that the World Governments got away with it and it does not mean we the UFO Community will give up on trying to remove the veil that keeps the truth hidden from so many of our brothers in this plane.

But soon enough. Soon enough.

This whole event demonstrated how a vast number of people are waking up to the fact we are indeed not the only race of beings in the entire Universe; that there MUST be something beyond our Galaxy (or perhaps within it).

I believe forgiveness, instead of hatred, will take us a step closer towards final disclosure.

I encourage you to read the following if you have a chance (it may give you a bigger picture of the entire situation):

"Why Noting Happened on October 14th"
By David Wilcock

Blessings to All.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I BELIEVE!!! AND ALWAYS WILL!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join