It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still believe in UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

Chance of aliens being in our galaxy: 20%

[edit on 15.10.2008 by Shugo]

Sorry, but I would say that the chance of aliens being in our galaxy is alot higher than 20%.....do you have any idea how far apart galaxies actually are?? not to mention how large galaxies are to begin with....and for an alien race to fly from a distant galaxy to ours, and to stop at our lowly planet on one of the spiral arms is hard to fathom.

that is a very great distance, and who knows how long it would take traveling at the speed of light....i believe that there is life in our galaxy. and the chances of meeting races from another galaxy is slim and none.

i believe that we are not alone in the universe, or in our galaxy, and i believe that they have visited our planet. but i dont believe in channelers speaking of a certain date that they will make contact.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I'm sure that those who are of a higher intellect saw this goodchild thing as nothing but a distraction. I was not disappointed in nothing happening because I for one don't believe that "channeling" is a legitimate evidence of communication with "aliens".

I will never change my mind on the absolute truth that I know to be right, that UFOs are a real phenomenon. So all those who were expecting some kind of huge ship to appear over Alabama or whatever prove how easily people are led down paths of deception.

But the majority of the UFO "community" or those who have witnessed a real appearance of a UFO are not divided or surprised by this charlatan goodchild.

But perhaps it was just a fun diversion for the masses who are searching for answers to what they have seen. I for one know what the UFOs are and why they are here.

So no...I don't think this hurt those who have come to believe that there is something strange and inexplicable going on in the skies. And those who were crushed by this non event need to examine just why they believed such an utterly preposterous claim by yet another false UFO prophet.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i think the reason so many believe in E.T.'s, is from the sheer massive amount of other galaxies, solar systems, and stars, that are out there. millions of galaxies, which translate into trillions of stars has to contain some form of intelligent life, due just to mathematic probabilities of randomness. any high school graduate that took math classes should be able to understand this concept. i therefore, CANNOT understand why the majority of all people with some sort of basic education, wouldn't believe in visitors from another planet. it just defies common sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i will admit that i was a little reluctant to even want to post yesterday, mostly because october 14 ends at 12 midnight. but i was went outside at 3 am (westcoast) and still nothing.

as i lay in bed with a relief that this thing is finally coming to an end, i tried to understand blossom point of view. my concluding thought is that she intentionally mislead us for one reason, to think thoughts of love on the arrival of the GFoL. This 'thinking' could then be picked up by the GFoL and interpreted as an invitation to come down. since that would be going AGAINTS the universal law that you cannot impede on an evolving species.

rumor has it that the greys tried to pull this off with the germans, and the germans told them to 'get out of here'...they then found the US and trumann allowed them to interact based the trade of ET technology vs. abduction.

this could have been an attempt to play the same game against the universal law.

either way im still very interested in the testemony of our military generals, our pilots, our astronauts etc. and yes i still believe we are being visited.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i never for a second truly believed the oct 14th scam.
i still believe that there are ufo's out there.
there are some Jason Martell lectures on youtube that pretty much summarize my overall beliefs in the ufo matter.

i dont think it was the government trying to get us to not believe in aliens due to one big let down yesterday... because they know that it is inevitable that we will find out with our increasing technology.

i do think that it is an insult to our intelligence that we believe some VERY off the wall story about october 14th just because someone said they spoke to aliens and thats it. come on you guys... honestly... i thought we were smarter than that. We demand evidence on here to almost every theory and when we get it we still find ways to pick it apart... and then someone comes along and makes up this story that sounds like really lame movie.. and BAM... here we are.. ?!?!?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

Hey lushyslushy!

Some people simply aren't 'smarter than that'... as the lead up to the 14th showed. Believing is fine but the 'need to believe' always impairs ones rationality... kinda sad really

IRM

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Nothing will change the fact that this issue has existed long ago and will exist long after we're gone, I firmly believe we are imbedded in a world that they help create. Unfortunatley there are hacks out there that try to undermine the importance of learning what we truly are...he's to kepping the learning process in motion.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am a believer also. Long before the PC was available I believed in ET's.

I know there are UFOs as I have seen one less than 300 feet from me, my daughter and two grandchildren.

In my opinion aliens were here on earth in a much earlier time in our history. They may be here now.

I didn't give that goodchild woman a second glance as I felt she was full of horse manure. She was not worth my time or effort.

The possibilities are limitless. We don't know that we are not aliens. What we don't know far exceeds what we know.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If something like this could turn a knower or believer into a non-believer there would be none left. There have been many frauds over time and they are pretty easy to spot. I can't stop believing something exists that I have seen with my own eyes.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Do you think very many people, other than perhaps the light workers who have a spiritual thing going there that is similar, really believed? Or do think this whole thing mushroomed out of the very real wish for many for true disclosure, a core need by those affected by the secrecy and the sell out the governments did when they traded access to populations for technology? I think this interest mainly came from the real need for disclosure. And in no way will this stop my expectation and demands for such. Currently, those who experience what the government sold them out to, are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Its a question ultimately of whom you chose to be loyal to. TPTB completely lost when put on that scale. But who really knows the true intentions of ET! I choose to be loyal to truth and idealism, but that doesn't translate into the situation at hand very well. Disclosure and a showing up, without being greeted with hostility so we the people can hear the words of warning and wisdom from our different groups, we the people who are supposed to be the masters of this system and should be filled in so we can decide whether to disarm our nukes all over the world, or in in way comply with galactic laws, and understand what the pay offs will be. We the people need to be treated with a lot more respect.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by lushyslushy

Hey lushyslushy!

Some people simply aren't 'smarter than that'... as the lead up to the 14th showed. Believing is fine but the 'need to believe' always impairs ones rationality... kinda sad really

IRM

yes i am realizing that people will want to believe something soooooo bad that they a react like a starving fish to bait.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, first, to the people who are leaving these communities because they don't believe any more:

Boo-hoo! You were tricked! Aw, now you don't believe any more. Well, too bad for you. You believed in a lunatic who said a ship was going to appear.

Grow up and get over it!

Many of us have been involved with UFOs and the paranormal all of our lives, and have seen this stuff before.

In August, when the Bigfoot was proved to be fake, I didn't cry and stop believing. Yeah, it sucked it was fake, but I still believe new evidence will come.

It's the same for this, though, I knew nothing was coming here with this...

As for yesterday, it was actually a great day for UFO evidence.

We recieved at least three genuine reports of UFO sightings, plus also, the Seoul video footage on October 12th.

Aliens are out there, and I do believe they'll come within our lifetimes.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I agree with the original poster...

The weirdo's and charlatans that do a great deal to discredit the genuine search for truth regarding extraterrestrials, will never be enough to make me believe differently than I already do.

I have PERSONALLY seen at least 4 seperate UFO events here in AZ, including the infamous "Phoenix Lights", as the gigantic craft flew directly over my head. I have no doubt about what I have witnessed with my own eyes!

Don't worry...These types of fraudulent claims will continue until the real truth is known to all. But, it will NOT affect the real story from eventually unfolding!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I have a "rant" about what is wrong with ufology, and the main problem is us believers.

We do not question enough of the claims made out there, and are afraid to go further when it looks like the answer to a famed sighting might have a mundane answer. To find all the answers means there will be some disappointment.

1. I do believe aliens from other worlds and/or dimensions have visited us throughout time.

2. I do believe the government has crashed extraterrestrial ships and bodies in its possession. I do not believe they are at Area 51 (a ruse), but at other military locations in the USA.

3. After reading much about the MJ-12 documents, I believe they are fakes, but disinformation to keep the researchers busy arguing. If any real documents to get stolen or find their way out, they will be thought of as fakes too. This has worked for three decades and counting. To be fair to Stanton Friedman, he has found many documents and information on some people that helps out with research. Among them is memos by J Edgar Hoover and his interest in the crash at Roswell and other UFOs.

4. Too many fringe elements get a free ride. Channelers, contactees, abductees, and others don't get vetted or asked any tough questions. Those who do ask the questions get labeled disinfo agents or debunkers. More has to be done to collect the best cases/evidence. Some of the abductee researchers are at least getting the "implants" tested.

5. Instead of attacking each other, authors and researchers should have a meeting and address the issues. Important ones as to collecting evidence and vetting whistleblowers should be on the top of the lists.

They (from UFO buffs to many groups out there) have been promising disclosure since the Jimmy Carter Presidency, and it has not happened yet. It is time to use the FOIA to get out as many documents dealing with all the agencies about UFOs.

It is time for us to take off the tin foil hats and get the mainstream scientists to join us in our search for answers.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Well, first, to the people who are leaving these communities because they don't believe any more:

Boo-hoo! You were tricked! Aw, now you don't believe any more. Well, too bad for you. You believed in a lunatic who said a ship was going to appear.

Grow up and get over it!

BRAVO!!!!!!! i wanted to say it, but I felt too mean. glad someone else did

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Abductees and those who experience this deal with ridicule and harassment on an ongoing basis and so in effect, are placed between a rock and a hard place. For many of them, they don't have a clue as to what to do, who they're dealing with, the purpose. But they do have someone to blame, and they know what they've done. They are being called to dislclose.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Blooming Fraudchild is just another con/urine artist and the whole GFL idea didn't shirk me one bit. When I heard about the Oct 14th event, I visited her site and saw a clear indication of her intent. Buy books, buy "Meditation CD's", is being the ambassador for Humanity and First Contact not enough? I was astounded at the following she gathered.

To be honest I feel kind of sorry for the devout believers in the GFL and Fraudchild, it must have been quite a let down.

They're still out there, they're still down here.

I still believe Spooky.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yes, many people are leaving UFO communities.

See, I think this notion - "UFO community" - is a potential problem in itself.
One of the main reasons has been expressed very well by KidFlash2008 (see above):

4. Too many fringe elements get a free ride. Channelers, contactees, abductees, and others don't get vetted or asked any tough questions. Those who do ask the questions get labeled disinfo agents or debunkers.

Personally, I have no problem whatsoever believing that there ARE (truly) unidentified flying objects, and there have been throughout history. (And I have seen my share of such objects, all over the world.) To deny that would be foolish and ignorant. Furthermore, I find the idea of the Earth being the only populated planet in the unfathomable vastness of the Universe ridiculously short-sighted. It is possible, I suppose, only I find it extremely unlikely.

But as far as I am concerned, the mere belief that there are UFO is far too tenuous a base to form a "community" upon it.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The term "community" is meant to involve researchers, authors, and persons who have experienced unexplained phenomena. It is not meant to detract or to put people in their own little place. Researchers are interested in answers, and for the most part are very serious as to how they do their jobs. The people who have experienced the phenomena want answers and don't want to be called crazy.

The problem is there are too many out there who will take advantage of people and their beliefs or experiences. While some believe they really can channel, many are in it for the money/publicity.

Hopefully this incident with Blossom Goodchild will get the researchers to come up with better criteria to sort out the bad stuff from the true cases.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Of course this should not effect peoples believes.

Anyway I posted a post to remind some people of why we like to believe in aliens.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ps. spook fox mulder, I thought you were leaving forever? because of how you hated ats?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join