It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still believe in UFOs

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
In light of recent events and many hopeful people that have been let down by the failure of the anticipated UFO event, I feel that I must write this.

Yes, many people have been let down and are leaving UFO communities. Many people have stopped believing in supernatural phenomena. Many people have given up hope that there is a possibility that we are not alone in the universe. Perhaps it was the shadow government playing tricks with us, dividing us and making us finally give up our faith that there is a possibility that we are not alone in the universe. Perhaps it was a trick to sell New Age books or perhaps it was a social experiment. But what matters is the result:

Yes, many people's beliefs have been ridiculed.

Yes, many people are leaving UFO communities.

Yes, many people have stopped believing in supernatural phenomena.

Yes, we have been divided.

Yes, our numbers are shrinking.

But I feel that I must say this:

No government, no skeptic, no massive movements, no rational science can make me stop believing in UFOs.

I still believe that the truth is out there.

I still believe that we are not alone in the universe.

I still believe in UFOs.

Do you still believe?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I wont say BELIEVE outright...

But I am a hopeful

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well, I think you're a fool to believe that we are the only form of life in the universe. The chances are just far too great. Just looking at pictures of the universe can make one seem small.

I may not use the term UFO, but I believe that somewhere out there there is more than likely (I believe), terrestrial life forms, in some shape or manner, don't know who they are, if they've been here or not, but I just am not accepting that we are alone in the universe.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Well, I think you're a fool to believe that we are the only form of life in the universe.

Please read the original post before answering, Shugo. What you say is the exactly opposite of what I wrote.

No government, no skeptic, no massive movements, no rational science can make me stop believing in UFOs.

I still believe in UFOs.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I didn't mean you're as in you, I mean in general, if one doesn't believe, I think they're foolish. I probably shouldn't type like that on ATS anymore, it does cause a confusion.

You -- personally -- I think have hit the nails right on the head on this one, and I could not agree with you more.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I didn't mean you're as in you, I mean in general, if one doesn't believe, I think they're foolish. I probably shouldn't type like that on ATS anymore, it does cause a confusion.

You -- personally -- I think have hit the nails right on the head on this one, and I could not agree with you more.

Oh I see alright. Indeed, I agree with you on this one.

There are billions of planets out there - and people who still say that we are all alone in the universe are in denial.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Well, I think you're a fool to believe that we are the only form of life in the universe.

Please read the original post before answering, Shugo. What you say is the exactly opposite of what I wrote.

I still believe in UFOs.

I think he sort of meant "You'd be a fool to think..."
Like... of course we're not alone in the galaxy, it goes without saying....
It's not a matter of believing... because you'd be narrow minded to think otherwise... its just a matter of when..hah

edit: and of course he replied before i hit post...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
... of course we're not alone in the galaxy, it goes without saying....
It's not a matter of believing... because you'd be narrow minded to think otherwise... its just a matter of when..hah

Of course we are not, I agree. But rumors say that after the latest events, many people's beliefs have been shattered and many people now believe that we are indeed alone in the universe. So sad.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Granted, I am one of those people who does not believe that aliens have been in constant contact, if any with Earth. I trend towards the belief that they are out there, but they are not here. Although, I'm always willing to listen to information -- good information, about what's going on with contact in the like.

That's actually why I dug into US Black Projects and the like, aside of being interested in aviation. I wanted to know more about these "UFO's", and I quickly trashed the term UFO for accute reasons (that's more of a personal preference than an "I'm right, you're wrong" thing).

If I were to break it down I would say this.
Chance of aliens visiting earth: 5%
Chance of aliens being in our solar system now: 10%
Chance of aliens being in our galaxy: 20%
Chance of aliens once being in our solar system: 10%

But..Chance of aliens or terrestrial beings in our universe: I believe, is 100%.

Good thread, and S/F. I think we all need to remember just how small we are in this universe, and that there's no way that we can ever say we are alone, until we find out we are not. The universe is always growing, and there's no way for us to keep up with it. There's life out there somewhere, bet your life.

[Edit to add]
Those people are the ones who were gullible enough into being suckered in by the process of channeling (Blossom). I think you'll find the true believers have not been affected in any way.

[edit on 15.10.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I also still believe in UFOs and extraterrestrial life. I think some of the mass movement towards belief loses steam with the hoax videos, "predicted events" and this channeling stuff. Indeed it takes a very closed minded person to not be able to accept the possibility that there is life out there considering how vast the universe is. Any time I bring up speculative theories or anything dealing with interests in space or any alternative topics co-workers look at me like I am a kook. It’s just not main stream enough. People like to share common interests with others. Seriously believing in UFO’s for many creates a stigma that many aren’t willing to accept.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by smoke screen]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Fear not... I am pretty certain the recent FRAUD was not nearly as wide spread as it seemed to be here (which we are looking into by the way)...

I seriously doubt anyone who has a genuine interest in "Ufology" will lose it over a common charlatan. I know I am certainly still VERY interested.

It should be a good lesson in NOT believing in people who make wild claims with zero evidence or have a "shady career".

Springer...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

You got it right Springer.

I clearly define the events of Oct 14th and UFOlogy in general as being two completely separate entities. In no way does it diminish my enthusiasm or my belief that we are being visited by ET's as we have been in our past.

Good to see you've recovered from yesterdays disappointment with a spanking new thread Spooky! Way to go man!

IRM

[edit on 15/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Good to see you've recovered from yesterdays disappointment with a spanking new thread Spooky! Way to go man!

IRM

[edit on 15/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

I'll stick around for a while. As long as the truth is out there.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don't think anybody with a serious interest in UFO's..

1. Took Guffchild seriously

2. Did anything other than humour "believers" in recent GFL threads.

Glad that the latest hoax on here is dead.... let's hope this is a lesson to many.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It was a major let down for me, another nail in the coffin of my believe in the GFL.

I was almost ready to throw the towel in the ring but Spooky, you motivated me to keep 'believing'.

"I don't want to believe, I want to know"
-Krinkels from Madness fame.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
It was a major let down for me, another nail in the coffin of my believe in the GFL.

Agreed... I'm glad I only mentioned blossom lamechild's 'message' to a few people......... i lost 10 bucks though. dammit.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I was almost ready to throw the towel in the ring but Spooky, you motivated me to keep 'believing'.

"I don't want to believe, I want to know"
-Krinkels from Madness fame.

I am glad that this thread is a motivation, GrOuNd_ZeRo. We cannot give up. As long as the truth is out there.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
With respect, how can anyone not believe in UFOs?

They are an ongoing, heavily witnessed, recorded and frequently discussed unexplained subject. Nothing that has (or hasn't) happened recently will change the fact that unexplained lights and craft will still be seen in our skies. Nothing's changed because of the embarassment that was Oct 14th and the damn GFL.

The sane and the deluded alike see UFOs. It's down to individual perception, belief system and educational level as to what they are for each witness. Unfortunately, the serious side of the study of this important subject always gets hijacked by those who glimpse half the picture, see an opportunity, and fill in the rest with self-aggrandising propoganda.
And it will always be the same, until we get definitive proof as to what pilots, or not, these lights in the sky.
And until that day, and because we're dealing with a truly ephemeral, elusive and evocative topic, we should not be surprised when the next big prediction sullies the pond.

But, in answer to the question; yes, I believe.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I must give all of you credit for sticking with your beliefs. I tend to lean toward UFO's being ours and not extraterestrial. Having said that I agree that "they" gotta be out there somewhere and just may show up one day. See, it's much easier to be a skeptic, that way when something does happen it will be a pleasant surprise. Until that day I say "Show me the money!"

As far as GFL, whatever, waste of space. UFOLOGY can be so strange and the world of STRANGE is going to have its fair share of charletans and kooks.

Anyway, keep looking up.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This whole gfl bs reminds me why I stopped believing in UFOs. Not talking about ET, there's a difference. Before discovering ATS I was a firm believer, now I'm very skeptical and I feel so much better for it

Like spooky said the truth is out there. I'll just wait for the truth to come down here, so until then I'll continue to view ufos as just "unidentified flying objects".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join