It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK wake up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i had a woman from the housing benefit department of my local council round checking my elagibility, my first words to her was "are you psycic"!!!!!!! iv just been offered a job and my son has just started his this week........she laughed nervously. i am no one important but i do know we hear what they say they are planning way after it has been implemented. so was it a coinsidence that a person working for a goveremnt office that gives out money just happened to come round at the right time, or were they tipped off????????and im no one...................peace all x

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
this is an outrage! it's an absolute classic example of problem, reaction, solution like david icke says, and how they use these techniques to justify their ever tightening laws. it's a disgrace! Wake up people!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

The question is, if they can already get this information, why the need for a centralised database? I presume it will just make it easier and therefore quicker to process information which is obviously key. The intentions are always good, but this government has a proven track record of messing big IT projects up usually giving away millions of tax payers funds to corporate entities, these corporations usually then gain a monopoly stranglehold on the project.

When local council's sell private information, such as your name and address to junk mail advertisers, is it wrong for us NOT to trust them with this?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

God, another 2 years of this and we'll have security cameras in our homes.

I think your a little over the top with that comment.

The sad fact is that our society has come to a point where measures like this database and more cctv cameras etc need to be put in place.

I completely aggree with you. our society has degraded to such a level that there seems to be almost nothing we can do, now the only thing to do to stop anything from violent outbrakes and small chickens pecking into the sun love, is MORE CONTEROL we must be stopped, yes ter, day i saw my own naybur throwing away the paper in the metal recylcling bin, ofc i TranqKWIlized her and call 999 immediately. she is now in FORT KNOX.

societies and teh stuff is bad, more POLICE POWERS WE MSUT BE CONTROLLEDSS

freedom. we cant handle freedom, we need police state cotton wrapped, molly coddled control, f*UK* that id rather eat stake massaging my lost soul..#

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LOGicAL UK Mate, ur line of thinking is the beggining of a progression towards police state, that you will ask for, because you believe you need it.

how little thou doest knoweth the box hast you inhabit.

n stuff

break open ! see the light!

..... the police.

u fil in the gap

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi There,

I think we are going to have to come around to the fact that technological progress narrows the privacy of the citizen. That is to say that the level of privacy one thought one held before the advent of the computer and internet revolution, and of course, the mobile phone, has shrunk or has been shrinking for quite sometime.

You see, information being passed around the mobile networks is quite easy to gain access to, as long as you have the technology to pluck it out of the air, and if necessary, decrypt it. The same goes for the internet. This process of plugging into ubiquitous technology used by the public has probably been going on for some time. In fact, I would posit that the technology brought into the public arena is designed specifically to enable governmental agencies to monitor its usage and the information being passed through it.

This legislation is nothing more than a process to make it legal so that the information gained in this manner can be used in courts. The eavesdropping into private communications can of course be abused by any government for its own ends, and ultimately, it is this potential for 'abuse' that most worries us...it's not like we were unaware that they wanted to monitor what we say to each other, especially international communications.

Years ago, I think Microsoft were going to use a very secure encryption software in their Windows setup, but the government intervened and told them that they could not use it, and so they had to scale it back before they could bring out the particular version of Windows they were going to put it in. It might have been Xp, or 2000, I'm not sure which one. This governemntal intervention spoke volumes as to their intent. I just think that the technology they put out for public use, actually helps to monitor the public far easier than what the public were aware of. Does it also help to enslave us? Well yeah, that potential is also there.

Best wishes

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
'What do you have to fear if you have done nothing wrong?'

Well.......

1. A government interfering in my life, I don't support them (hint...)

2. Them not losing my data alongside 20 million others.

ie. I don't assume either their good faith or their competence.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

What gets me about British people is we moan, and moan but never do anything. This apathy is half the reason the government pushes things like these databases because the most the people will do is moan and perhaps even sign a petition, woo hoo.
Its going to take more than a moan or signature on a petition to actually make a change.
Can the UK people rise to this? I don't know...

Slightly of topic but at my last trip through an airport I refused the belt and shoes off crap they try. I just said no and stared the guy down. You could see in his eyes he didn't believe in what he was pushing. I also filed a formal complaint regarding the personal search I got. It was too personal.

I fight the council every way I can. Parking restrictions, roadworks, recycling, even if I know my actions may be worthless.

Small steps on a long path...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey I am a yank. I just have to say to those of you that are like surprised? Well, the Americans fought off Britain partially because they wanted to "operate an honest money system" as stated by Benji Franklin. Also, Andrew Jackson fought off our first monster of a central bank during his time in office. So really, you guys started it, Americans just perfected it. So at this point? Well, I think that it is staggering how many americans don't care but... you guys are the UK. I would expect that a country with a fraction of our population and a thousand times the intellectual power would have ousted that by now. But what Britain did is just like... a miniature version of the enormous greed and idiocy that only Americans can truly distill to a fine art.

This Central database is just the beginning.

Wake up UK. We are all susceptible to this. Check out www.thezeitgeistmovement.com to talk to a bunch of other people who are equally pissed off by this in any country. Together we can annihilate the globalist schemers and prove our dominance over their evil.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by TK-421]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Lol i made a thread about this a month ago and no one batted an eyelid. I wonder what changed, maybe it's because back then it was just an idea.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical

The question is, if they can already get this information, why the need for a centralised database? I presume it will just make it easier and therefore quicker to process information which is obviously key. The intentions are always good, but this government has a proven track record of messing big IT projects up usually giving away millions of tax payers funds to corporate entities, these corporations usually then gain a monopoly stranglehold on the project.

When local council's sell private information, such as your name and address to junk mail advertisers, is it wrong for us NOT to trust them with this?

they will use this info for all sorts of stuff....so..its better if they dont have to ask for it all the time..

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm glad this topic is getting some recognition.

I posted it here a week or so ago and nobody was interested.

So good to see people waking up to this

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

The question is, if they can already get this information, why the need for a centralised database? I presume it will just make it easier and therefore quicker to process information which is obviously key.

This makes sense on some level, as theoretically at least it would be "easier and therefore quicker" to access information. I'm fairly familiar with databases so I know how useful they can be. However, I also see it from a different perspective too. An analogy might be the compartmentalisation of a ships structure as a protective measure.

Databases are great but like all pieces of software, they're only as good as the end user. Unless the government are working on robot civil servants, this means potentially putting extra data into the hands of human end users. Humans tend to make mistakes, are often thieves, often have grudges and are vindictive and are often forgetful. When they only have legitimate access to small amounts of compartmentalised data that room for # up - either accidentally or intentionally - is marginalised.

The intentions are always good,

Heh. I wish I had your optimism!

but this government has a proven track record of messing big IT projects up usually giving away millions of tax payers funds to corporate entities, these corporations usually then gain a monopoly stranglehold on the project.

Not enough people seem to be aware of the government's track record of PFI-lead IT schemes and how much money has been lost through this over the years and how, despite certain firms making huge messes of previous schemes, still get new contracts for big schemes.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

One big problem I have with this database is that it only might just be beneficial to have in order to catch out would be "evil do'ers". A common tactic used to hide your identity for example is to purchase a disposable mobile phone or sim which would render this database somewhat ineffective especially if payment was in cash.

I really do fear our society may develop 'cut and paste' instant criminal convictions such as the London congestion charge and its becomming very difficult to know what is legal and what is not with our current government especially as they attempt to legislate the Internet! What happens if your pc contracts a virus and starts displaying illegal to view websites on your computer? This national database will immediately log this leading to.....

[edit on 16-10-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

One big problem I have with this database is that it only might just be beneficial to have in order to catch out would be "evil do'ers". A common tactic used to hide your identity for example is to purchase a disposable mobile phone or sim which would render this database somewhat ineffective especially if payment was in cash.

Yes, that's definitely one of the problems.

The government are selling these databases as if they've solve everything. No more paedophiles, no more terrorists, no more illegal immigrants, no more theft, no more fraud, no more pigeons crapping everywhere. You name it, at some point in time the government have claimed a database will stop it.

However, I doubt it will really impact on any of this as there's always going to be ways around them. As you say cheap disposable sim cards will make a nonsense of the database. Unless of course, the government then say 'no more cheap sim cards' and you have to register a phone in the way you do a TV and then create more databases to try and enforce that too.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Too true red, you would need great faith in their competency to be afraid.
I mean behind every system whether N.W.O or a gas station humans are behind it jealous,irrational,illogical,prejudice,corrupt,incompetant,fearful,ignorant.
Thats why powerful politicians are ruined as an example, just how afraid should we be of anything?

reply to post by redmotion

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said the police and security services needed new powers to keep up with technology.
And she promised that the content of conversations would not be stored, just times and dates of messages and calls.

This woman is a liar.
And I can prove it right here.
The time and date of messages and calls, ARE ALREADY STORED BY THE TELCO'S!!!
She is a LIAR!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join