It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a company online that wants to buy your soul

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
On the site I listed above www.hell.com ...when you click on the link that says "can I sell my soul?" the reply is

"Once you are willing...it no longer has any value"

That is one screwed up site.....it offers to allow you to re-purchase your soul at whatever price you see fit. One of the most bizarre places on the www I would say.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If we didn't have souls, my 17 year old wouldn't have found himself above his body, while meditating recently, after he started feeling the vibrations. As soon as he realized this, he was back. I've been trying all my life. In the end that may be a personal revelation, but the concept of selling your soul shouldn't be treated lightly. And if kids do experiment, someone also needs to teach them that they can seek forgiveness from their Creator and have it undone instantly.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
If we didn't have souls, my 17 year old wouldn't have found himself above his body, while meditating recently, after he started feeling the vibrations.

brilliant Madam, it gives optimism, many thanks for that

when 50% of humanity will give such an education to their children that allow them to explore their mind and reality on their own,
their "world" will vanish in less than an instant, just like an illusion revealed.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Dear oh dear. Hallucination ≠ evidence. Deny ignorance, don't surrender to it, even if it does give you warm fuzzy feelings.

There is no evidence for the soul. There is, however, masses of evidence for the bioelectrical systems that provide everything that has classically been defined as 'the soul'. The term 'soul' is what we used to use to describe the workings of our brain before we learned it. Some people (and cultures) were so in love with this idea of a soul (especially when tied to the assertion that it can survive after death - again completely unfounded), that they still keep using it, insisting it's somehow different to that which we know adequately explains every facet of our being previously-attributed to the soul.

It's ridiculous.

[edit on 15/10/08 by dave420]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'freelandband@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/.sites/93/site37/web/quote.php on line 223 Couldn't connect to server.

yup i got that too... im not even worth a appraisal

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by mystiq

Dear oh dear. Hallucination ≠ evidence. Deny ignorance, don't surrender to it, even if it does give you warm fuzzy feelings.

There is no evidence for the soul. There is, however, masses of evidence for the bioelectrical systems that provide everything that has classically been defined as 'the soul'. The term 'soul' is what we used to use to describe the workings of our brain before we learned it. Some people (and cultures) were so in love with this idea of a soul (especially when tied to the assertion that it can survive after death - again completely unfounded), that they still keep using it, insisting it's somehow different to that which we know adequately explains every facet of our being previously-attributed to the soul.

It's ridiculous.

[edit on 15/10/08 by dave420]

it is clear you have never been through any out of body experience,
however, you should still know that experiences are closer to truth than certitudes, which brings the ridicule upon you.

What was the disease that caused the death of Yogananda?

Maha Samadhi Sri Paramahamsa Yoganandaji didnt die of any natural causes. It is what yogis term as maha samadhi which means concious exit of the soul from the body. Great masters of kriya yoga like him can exit out of the body at their own accord.

wiki.answers.com...

On March 7, 1952, he attended a dinner for the visiting Indian Ambassador to the U.S., Binay Ranjan Sen and his wife at the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. At the conclusion of the banquet Yogananda spoke of India and America, their contributions to world peace and human progress, and their future cooperation,[14] expressing his hope for a "United World" that would combine the best qualities of "efficient America" and "spiritual India."[15] According to two eyewitnesses — long-time disciples Swami Kriyananda and Daya Mata — as Yogananda ended his speech, he read from his poem My India, concluding with the words "Where Ganges, woods, Himalayan caves, and men dream God—I am hallowed; my body touched that sod".[16][17] At the very last words, he slid to the floor,[18] dead from a heart attack.[19] Kriyananda wrote that Yogananda had once stated in a lecture, "A heart attack is the easiest way to die. That is how I choose to die."[20]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

You are so wrong it's incredible. Trusting one's own experiences is the least-accurate way to know something. It is the antithesis of science. Our perceptions are so flawed it's not even funny. That's why science dictates multiple independent observers, or at least consistently-repeatable experiments. You are apparently espousing the "if someone somewhere says something happened, then it happened" school of learning, which is ridiculous. I guess all the people with mental illness that makes them see and hear things which aren't there are actually seeing and hearing real things. Because that's what your logic dictates. And clearly that's not right.

Thank you for illustrating your irrational thought processes so well. I now know it's pointless trying to have a rational discussion with you, as logic doesn't mean squat, apparently.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I happen to believe in my soul. I said in the beginning that I was laughing as I looked at the site. I too can see 10 year old kids goofing off and finding this site.

I can say this though. Studies have been done and your have a certain weight when you die, as weighed by scales that were exact, and within 20 minutes of death you weigh between 4 to 6 ounces less. It may be your soul has left your body. My husband is the RN, and he can tell me where to find the link for this study. I will post it tomorrow. It is an interesting read.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I wonder what they'd want it for, maybe a green energy source? Someone call Obama! It should last a good while, with no pollution, and we only need one! Maybe that would be a black energy source considering it uses a soul, hmm.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
it is clear you have never been through any out of body experience,
however, you should still know that experiences are closer to truth than certitudes, which brings the ridicule upon you.

I agree with dave420, and I HAVE been through an out-of-body experience.

It was induced by mind-altering drugs, and accomplished by changing the electro-chemical state of my brain in ways that can be measured.

OBEs do not in any way prove the existence of souls, or even act as evidence. The only thing they demonstrate is the complexity and power of the brain.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by SamuraiDrifter]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
i loved "hell.com".

slick flash programming. wisdom to boot.

and, they will actually take your money(which you need to donate to buy your soul BACK from 'hell.com'.)

looks like the work of a subgenius.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That's why science dictates multiple independent observers, or at least consistently-repeatable experiments.

and that is exactly what it is about,

you guys are denying some facts, very ancient knowledge and cultures spiritually much more advanced than yours,

this is a sign of extreme brain-washing and reveal a great lack of life experiences from your side, i feel sorry for you and i wish you to wake up to the world, the Real world.

thousands, millions of multiple independent experimenters (including ME) that are exploring the mind since centuries all over the world, in india, africa, south america or even in europe before consumerism took over the place are coming to that same conclusion

but for consumerism to stay in charge these things mustn't be known

so that is out of consumerism/pseudo-scientific reality so it is out of your scope !

enjoy your coca-cola

(on one thing you guys are right : YOU don't have souls, but it is because you lost it : no love for life nor universe, mind full of fake knowledge, body full of meat and chemicals !
nb: you can recover it before you die and be alive finally and eventually

nb2:rationalism is a religious dogma dictated by an institution named the economic powers)

links quickly fished on google, to explore for skeptic (AND open-mind but the best way to explore is to live and feel alive guys)

For those skeptics who do not believe in Einstein’s assertion that “Time is an illusion”, Holistic Relativity successfully predicts the observed accelerated expansion of the universe depicted by scientific observations without even using time as an explicit parameter

www.intentblog.com...

www.google.com...

www.uttishthata.org...

To see how far such thoughts could be transferred, Backster asked a friend to send love to her plants while she was 700 miles away, and then recorded their reactions. By synchronising their watches, Backster was able to prove that not only did the plants respond to their owner’s thoughts at the moment she sent them, but they also felt her anxiety when her plane touched down at her destination. Even when the plants were locked in a lead container, the results were the same. Whatever created empathy between plant and human came from something outside the electromagnetic spectrum.

www.amazines.com...

The individual transcends to worlds beyond karma and returns to God to merge into God or Nirvana which literally means "extinction" and/or "extinguishing" and is the culmination of the yogi's pursuit of liberation.
www.crystalinks.com...

‘I think I went through an experience of death at a certain point, when I was no longer a body or a soul or a spirit or anything,’ Allende says matter-of-factly. ‘There was just a total, absolute void that you cannot even describe because you are not. And I think that’s death.’ Nevertheless, the process proved transformative. Allende emerged aching but lucid and was able to complete [a trilogy she was writing], now being adapted for film by the co-producers of The Chronicles of Narnia.
blog.lifestyletransformations.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Rigorous Intuition (v. 2.0) What You Don't Know Can't Hurt Them.
rigint.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The only thing they demonstrate is the complexity and power of the brain.

and that there is an immaterial energetic (or electric -call that the way you want, anyway our western so-called "scientist" never ever would give importance to that electrical dimension) part somehow attached to it

[edit on 16-10-2008 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
Studies have been done and your have a certain weight when you die, as weighed by scales that were exact, and within 20 minutes of death you weigh between 4 to 6 ounces less. It may be your soul has left your body.

there is also a (fantastatic) movie (drama) about it by this really good mexican director, can't remember the name just now,

21g with benitio del toro

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

You should read up on the study in question, and see that it was hardly scientific. You can read about the Doctor in question, Duncan MacDougall, here.

The more you know.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Oh! Benicio Del Toro is in it? It must be true! Wow! What is Professor Del Toro up to these days, anyway?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
and that there is an immaterial energetic (or electric -call that the way you want, anyway our western so-called "scientist" never ever would give importance to that electrical dimension) part somehow attached to it

Nope, wrong. As I said, I had an OBE caused by mind altering drugs.

Chemicals that interact with your brain in very measurable ways can induce OBEs. This means that they are a product of electro-chemical reactions, and not any immaterial energy.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by seejanerun

You should read up on the study in question, and see that it was hardly scientific. You can read about the Doctor in question, Duncan MacDougall, here.

The more you know.

This is not the study I was speaking of. I will get the link posted, my husband has an abscessed tooth and doesn't feel like going through his links right now. This was done by a major university, I just can't remember which one. I believe this study I am speaking of was done because of other studies that had been done and they wanted a definitive answer as to IF your body did weigh less a few moments after death. There is no medical reason that this would happen. Please bear with me, he should feel better tomorrow, he got some antibiotics today.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

hey are a product of electro-chemical reactions, and not any immaterial energy

do you realise the non-sense of that assessment !?

"immaterial energy",

better laugh at that before asking you :

what exactly is material energy ?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
anyway the truth is not in google,

it is within you only, just as all the knowledge of the universe;

dave, drop your pepsi,

get yourself a life,
BE and LIVE

(and watch 21g before that and before you make any more stupid statement, because it is not a piece of science, but a piece of Art)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join