It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to give up on 2012, and other prophecy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I LOVE predictions.

I don't care if its from Alex Jones or Ms. Blossom. Anything to shake up the masses. Well, at least those of us here on ATS who follow these things.

Some thoughts:

I heard an excellent description regarding the meaning of the end of the Mayan Calender, basically the guy stuck carving it said "screw this, lets go have a beer".

For a previous poster: The Aztecs came after the Maya, the calender ends about three hundred years before them.

www.hyperhistory.com...

If the Jews are referred to in the bible as "the chosen people" how come they don't get raptured too? They don't believe in Jesus but believe in the same God Christians do.

I try to lead a pretty happy life and am kind to other people and small animals. If I don't get raptured, thats OK. See, I have tried to live my life to be prepared for whatever may come after I die. I may die a slow death and have plenty of time to prepare or I may get hit by a bus tomorrow. So I prepare now, in my own way that brings me comfort. I plan on hitting the ground running and asking for the directions to the Akashic Records. That is MY dream. To be given the opportunity to ask anything I want and get an answer. Maybe not THE answer, but an answer nonetheless. If nothing happens on the "other side", then it doesn't really matter anyway. No reason to not live a good life.

As far as when I think the world will end? Probably right around the time that I die. After that you're on your own.

Blossom's prediction gave me something to do for the last week or so and was a welcome diversion from politics and the economy. I was HOPING it would happen so I didn't have to listen to any more campaign drivel.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by zlots331]

[edit on 15-10-2008 by zlots331]

SR

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You all just know loads of wannabe smart asses will pull of blossom,relevations, nostradmus in the future and leave the gulliable in the next half of the century sitting and waiting for something or other to happen.

Especially if theres money or power to be gained from it. What do they care they'll be long dead so won't have to justify themselves and there will be plenty of gulliable apologists making excuses up in the future as there has been in the past and currently in the present.

The predictability and paranoia of the human consciousness knows no bounds sometimes i feel and it's obvious through our history as a species one can never bet against it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
there will never be an end to prophecys or people who believe them to many people want to believe so bad thay they'll buy anything

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
www.dreamingofmoshiach.blogspot.com website has some interesting articles on Biblical prophecies that have been fulfilled. Click on their Prophecy link. The article 'Final Stage of GoguMagog' mentions October 20th as the date The GoguMagog war escalates. (The war began seven years ago with the US invasion of Afghanistan.) They mentioned the week of October fifth that an economic crisis would occur a few months before it actually happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
im really disapointed because, i was expecting something cool to happen with the gfl spaceship. so i doubt that anything cool is gonna happen in 2012.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debbie Inbreads
im really disapointed because, i was expecting something cool to happen with the gfl spaceship. so i doubt that anything cool is gonna happen in 2012.
Then I would have to say that at least one, single positive event has occurred as a result of BG and the GFL.

There is an incessant human need to belittle their existence within the scheme of the universe, when science has done that quite nicely for us.

Comprehend the vast incalculableness of the universe in which we reside and you need nothing further to make yourself feel small and unworthy.

Prediction, prophecy, religion... all are constructed to give an artificial meaning and structure to an existence that requires nor asks for meaning, only awe at it's spectacle.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't ever stop exploring the universe we find ourselves in... it means we should stop ascribing it's function to a non-existent entity.

It's the difference between asking "Why are we here?" as opposed to "How are we here?"

You can neither combine nor substitute one investigation for another and expect to have an answer with any meaning.

Aristotle's celestial spheres may not have survived the centuries of scrutiny... but his logic certainly did.

EDIT: Minor grammar

[edit on 15-10-2008 by cogburn]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZionOmega

Um. Israel became a nation in 1948.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I agree very much with many of the responses. We cannot base our future on the predicitions and prophecies of ancient people, or anyone else. We have the power to sculpt our own futures for whatever direction we want it to go. There is a balance of good and evil in this world, and if the good outweigh the evil, we can make 2012 the start of a new beginning of good things to come, instead of the end of everything we have worked so hard to achieve for thousands of years. We can change all of that if we want to.. but we have to want to. More than just me, and more than just you. Most of the world needs to want to change, and I don't know if thats possible. Too many people are blind to what problems we have and don't know we need a change immediately.

I can only hope that we can try to change things now while we still can, until waiting until something horrible happens before deciding to change. When a huge event happens, for a few months people come together and they show the compassion of people, and that deep inside we ARE all the same... but then they start to forget, they move on with their lives, and things remain the same as they always were. No one stays compassionate, no one stays vulnerable, no one continues to help their neighbors... we have become un-human in our emotions, and until that changes, we might just have a future of doom.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

Consider that our region of the universe is like the empty quarter of Saudi Arabia or the Sahara Desert and Earth is the lone oasis within that desert. Science has not disproven that extra-terrestial lifeforms exist. It has only proven that they don't exist in our region of the universe.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have read some things about 2012 but not alot. Can someone tell me why people think something is going to happen? Is it just because the actual calendar ends? Or is there more to it than that? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Can I point out here, as I have in another thread on here, that one of the oldest members of this site Alien, a NZ Maori details from their culture's "kaumatua" or tribal elders what their opinion is of 2012.

2012 is not any doomsday prophecy or any other such nonsense. It's a different year, period. The end of the long count DOES have meaning to their culture as described thusly:

Well...don't know about the Mayan Calendar...but I know that there are some old Maori (culture I belong to) legends that speak of the reunification of 'Rangi' (the Sky) and 'Papa' (the Earth).

This one basically flows on from a Maori Creation Legend. Anyway, in short, Rangi (the Sky) and Papa (the Earth) were partners and were closely clasped together...they had a number of children, who lived in between these two parents, squashed and without light. One day these children (who were all Gods by the way - God of the Wind, God of the Sea, God of War etc etc) decided to push their parents apart so they could have room to move...they all tried and failed, till one of the Gods, Tane, pushed them apart, separated them, and hello - there was light.

Basically the other more secretive legend that follows on from this says that there will come a time when the children of Tane (that's you and me) are so busy, so distracted with fighting, with greed, with lust etc, so separated from our original parents (Rangi and Papa - so that kinda means we have lost our links with the natural order of things) that Rangi and Papa will take that opportunity - while no one is looking - to quickly come back together...destroying everything in the process. There has been much meditation done on this event and yep...2012 seems to be the year the old people are coming up with.

A second post continued...

I also forgot to mention this other bit in my haste to get to work earlier:

I have asked a few of the 'kaumatua' (tribal elders) what they see happening in 2012. One said "Ka hinga te arai"...the rest nodded and agreed. Okay, I'll explain what that means...

hinga = to fall arai = curtain

those are the modern interpretations of those two words in what he said to me...so basically he said "The curtain will fall". Okay - I thought about that for a while, thinking about what he meant...and I originally deduced he meant like "Final curtain" end of the world sorta thing. That was until I did a bit more digging into the origins of those two words. Ya see...modern Maori is just like modern English...it changes over time, the means of words alter and get reinterpreted as time goes by.

This kaumatua (elder) is an 'old school' Maori...knowledgeable in the ancient ways, the old ways, the old original language...or 'tuturu Maori' as it is called, which basically means 'original Maori. So anyway, in original Maori, those two words (hinga and arai) mean slightly different things.

hinga = to dissolve/to be removed/ to fade
arai = veil / thin separation

'arai' is the main word there to look at. Okay, when people die, Maori say they have gone 'ki muri i te arai'...they have gone 'behind the veil'...passed over so to speak. So in that sense, 'arai' actually means like a 'separator' between the physical world/plane and the spiritual world/plane.

So - 'ka hinga te arai' in old Maori means (as closely at it can interpreted in English) The removal/dissolving of the planes separator...basically the MERGING of the physical and spiritual planes.

I really implore upon some of you to do some research before making these sensalitionist claims. It's getting to the point of intolerance.

AB1

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
Blossom has failed, as has other apocalyptic prophecy over the past 2 decades.

Are you ready to give up predictions involving 2012?

So what if Blossom failed? It doesn't change the fact that prophecy is very real. Nostradamus and Sollog have both received apocalyptic prophecies that then happened. Both predicted the World Trade Centre Attacks. Nostradamus predicted the attacks in Quatrain 6:97 and Sollog predicted them in his 911 Warning and 902 Prophecy. Leo Phoenix is another who predicted 9/11. Do your research and you will see I'm telling the truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
When people start to realize that we don't have to base our future upon thousands of years of predictions that scare us, we can come together and change our future. We do not have to follow the path that has possibly been chosen for us. We create our own futures every single day and I believe all of the prophecies and predictions for the times we live in now are simply a warning of what could happen if we don't decide to change. It's what will happen if we do nothing, and we will have to watch the world we have created crumble before our eyes.

The human mind is a very great thing. It can either destroy us, or bring us together. With the world going the way it is now, we're headed on a path of destruction. Every single day I hear something new about a war in another country, about starving children, and about crime in our own cities. There isn't one day that goes by where nothing happens. Shouldn't that be a sign to people? Are we really that blinded by reality? I think most people aren't that stupid. We all know what goes on, but we choose not to think about it unless something happens to us, our friends, or our families. Whenever something happens otherwise, we mourn for a few days, and the move on and forget about it. If the world is ever going to continue in a positive direction, we all have to unite and come together and figure out a solution for world peace. We can't just think in terms of what's good for america, we need to think in terms of what's good for this entire world.

If we remain on the "chosen" path for our future, and we do nothing, and we allow everything that humans have worked towards for thousands of years to be destroyed in a matter of minutes, how pathetic does that make us? At the end of times, do you really want to say that you did nothing to change things? Do you really want to realize that you could have saved humankind, but you didnt?

We can change our future, but it takes more than one person. Until people realize it's a matter of life or death for you, me, and everyone else we know, the world will continue on this path, and destruction will be our destiny.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe the Mayans got tired of working on that calendar and decided to just stop doing it after 2012.

Anyone ever thought of that?

Nothing is gonna happen at the end of 2012. Nothing. Nadda. Not even a poop.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by nutglow]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331

If the Jews are referred to in the bible as "the chosen people" how come they don't get raptured too? They don't believe in Jesus but believe in the same God Christians do.

Thats a very good point
There is a lot of cash flowing to the fundamentalist jews from
US fundamentalist christains to rebuild the temple in Jeruselm to hasten teh Rapture.

thats not very christ like
"we pay you to hasten our goods times but your NOT coming"

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Blossom GoodChild is a dork. I don't know if can take chanellers serious anymore. Maybe Blossom really talked to some federation of light people but maybe they were just playing joke. As for 2012 I think it will be like the whole Y2K thing. But I'm still going to fill my tub with water just in case.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Blossom GoodChild is a dork. I don't know if can take chanellers serious anymore. Maybe Blossom really talked to some federation of light people but maybe they were just playing joke. As for 2012 I think it will be like the whole Y2K thing. But I'm still going to fill my tub with water just in case.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this October 14th prediction has to do with 2012, aside from the fact that it was an attempt at prophecy.

The fact remains, it was an attempt, though unsuccessful, made by one person. 2012 is more highly regarded as a valid prophecy given that it has been singled out by a number of individuals, even entire cultures, as being a time of tumultuous change. Some sources of this prophecy point specifically to 2012, and many more point to that general time frame.

The Mayans, Hopis, Aztecs, Ancient Chinese (I-Ching text), as well as Timewave Zero (novelty theory) and the Web-bot project all point towards 2012 as being a definitive year for mankind.

Not all are apocalyptic. What can be ascertained is that year marks a turning point when life as we know it will be forever changed - the point of no return. It's expected to be a shift physically, emotionally, spiritually, technologically, culturally...etc. These changes will be obvious to anyone alive at that time. It will be as though we've reached a pinnacle, though we may not realize if fully for years to come.

As we approach this chaotic culmination, we'll see it on the horizon well in advance. Many see it now. It's not an end though. The Earth will not be destroyed. Mankind will not cease to exist. We will experience drastic changes just as any other budding civilizations do along their own developing timelines.

It will pass however, not without pain, not without suffering - just as any other day here on Earth, but it will be looked upon from the future with admiration. Our lives, our endeavours, our experiences will be held in high esteem by future societies, and we will be thanked for having endured such suffering amidst utter chaos. It is our suffering that will bring about a new era, much different than the one we're experiencing now. It may not come about right at the end of 2012, or 2013, 2018, or whatever, but's it's sure to happen.

2012 will mark the time in our future history when we will be given a choice. To be, or not to be. It's a fork in the road.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

~Robert Frost 'The Road Not Taken'

I have the highest confidence we will take the path that assures our survival as a species, for it is not within us to choose darkness over the light.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
people who believe that others can predict the future... are just plane dillusional.... it does not happen.. and it has never happened...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

The human collective consciousness can however predict the future, and quite well at that. Just as certain intuitive people can foresee events that will affect them personally, large groups can also see things on the horizon that will affect them.

Don't rely on one person to tell you what's going to happen - get your info from what Mankind is saying collectively, and you'll get a pretty clear picture of things to come.

Timewave Zero and the web-bot project both tap into a code embedded within time and our collective perception of it - my thread Timewave Zero - A Closer Look discusses this further.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join