It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to give up on 2012, and other prophecy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by ZionOmega

ZionOmega could you please provide some evidence of these 'bible predictions' have come true? Anything? A link perhaps?

You have made a claim that 100% of 'bible predictions' have come true and, as yet, have not provided a single scrap of evidence. The onus is on YOU to provide this or we will be forced to come to the conclusion that this thread is false and your claim is untrue.

PS: Saying "I don't need to provide evidence it is self-evident" is a cop-out.

Again the internet is a VAST archive of knowledge. One just needs to go to google these words: "Bible Prophecies that have come true" and you will have TONS of search hits.

I don't really need to provide any "links" when you have all the internet and all the evidence thereof. Just search and read.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The Global Elite have been manipulating your religion for thousands of years. it is a old form of Government to control the people and give them a Certain standard of living for there time period. it is used to control man. Have you ever considered that the bible is the most popular of the religious books that has a begging and a end? A road map if you will to the end of the world for witch anyone can obtain the key to make any prophecy true. Think about that very powerful if in the wrong hands. there is countless Evangelical Christian groups trying to Forcefully make prophecy s come true. when this happens are they really prophecy's? or did man fulfill its own prophecy.

I don't intend to try and make you sway from your faith (to much :lol
that is imposable. i merely want you to see a different perspective.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Thankyou for proving my point. Yes, it is easy for me to google those words, and find absolutely NOTHING concrete or verifiable but that was not my question to you. I asked YOU if you could point out a few pertinent links and you failed to do so, instead copping-out by concluding that you are either too lazy to provide the links yourself or that you simply cannot because there are no such links.

FYI I grew up in a religious family and spent 14 years slaving away at a private christian school. You want to know what I took away from all of that? NOTHING. In fact I feel like I wasted my younger years on a fallacy. Any person who tells me "Beware if you do not believe in God you will burn in Hell forever" gets only one answer from me: I have suffered through hell on my own, in my years of suffering I called out to God for help on numerous occasions only to have more suffering offered to me. So if I were to believe in God, and that this God is all-loving and all-knowing then screw him. I absolutely hate him.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Ugh. I am so tired of the cop outs.

So tired of these absolutes from the Bible-thumpers! So tired that when they are cornered they tell everyone to go research it for themselves. Give me a break. If you are so absolutely convinced 100% about this then you would think you'd have this stuff memorized for Christs sake.

YOU are the one making this absolute assertion! It is not OUR responsibility. You need to SHOW us. If you care about your integrity on ATS, AND you care about saving our souls.

Then make a thread, and walk the talk. Otherwise, keep your Bible in your church.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
lol.. do you people see how theres somebody who thinks every type of view possible... to be niave or nieve enough to think that because this prediction didnt come true... means none of the other ones will... first of all, what u all should be prepared for... is for none of them to come true... think about that. where would u have to be to agree with that?? i understand this even comes as an upset... and its beautiful that thats what it is.... i was upset to find out it wasnt true. but remember... anyday these guys can make an appearance of themselves for us... anyday.. anything can happen.. you dont need the confirmation of other people... follow the god within yoursellves... do what you believe is right... thats the only way to learn from yourself... and progress.. from yourself..

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Actually, Isreal became a state in 1948. That is the year most historians recognize. 1967 was the Yom Kippur war, or the 6 day war as it is sometimes known. Nassar figured the best time to invade Israel was during their holiest week, when they would not be expecting it. While the Israelis took some devastaing losses, they prevailed.

To your statement that the prophecies in the Bible are 100% true, I have to take issue with you. A great many of the old testament prophecies are open to interpretation. It is said that Isaiah predicts the birth of the messiah, (I can't cite chapter and verse. I'm at work, and don't have a Bible with me.) But those verses can be interpreted by a later generation to mean whatever they want them to. And there were several "messiahs" running around Israel at the time of Christ.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hiebsies

Well I never invested much belief in this GFL prediction so I am not too upset.

I have invested some in 2012 and Edgar Cayce.

*Edit: and by that I mean I was pretty certain the GFL thing was BS. I always have thought that.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by b3r6a8d8

Are you trying to set a record for how many negative points a member can get before being banned? Lol.

As for 2012 and other prophecies, I dont know how they will play out. Same with this not so speculative economic crisis. Who knows. It all could come crashing down at any moment. The environment, the NWO, aliens either coming to help or eat us, who can say what is going to happen?

All I know for sure is that I will die. One way or the other.

Might as well look whatever it is that will be my death straight in the face. If something big happens I guess we might as well go out to see it, at least it would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yikes, bible thumping much?

Ok I'll keep it kinda short. The statement that something works 100% of the time is a scientific falacy, if you want to be treated with respect and you want to deny ignorance, don't say 100% of the time.
Bible prophecy is incredibly open to interpertation usually, with Israel that's a good one but in Daniel there are so many things "bible scholars" tell us to think because the wording is so vague. AKA it can mean anything. I'm not trying to disprove the bible, not my game, just stating a fact. I once got someone to admit they thought mexican kids were angels because they had spinners, (angels riding upon wheels within wheels...).

GFL was always bogus and if you believed in it you should've learned not to be so gullible. I understand the hope for it and the timing, but really things like that just don't happen.

GFL can not be compared to 2012, people have studied this calendar and it's so much more advanced than our gregorian calendar it's insane. These people knew their astronomy and astrology.
On Dec. 21 2012 it wont be the end of the world or doomsday or anything like that, THAT is a creation and a falsity. All that 2012 means is that we're beginning to enter the age of aquarius, that's it. Now, given some very very strange things are happening astronomically speaking on that day so we'll probably notice maybe some atmospheric disturbances(?) guessing though.
How significant is this? Well, 2000 years ago we entered the age of pisces, the fish, Jesus fish ring a bell?
We probably wont notice any difference at all though becasue we're simply not as in tune as people were thousands of years ago to the earth and the sky. We don't care about them like the ancient people did, we don't build our monuments to be alligned with specific formations and constellations, we don't celebrate "equinox" or "solstice" (technically we do, most people don't recognize that however) and we dont hardly know what a pure sunrise even looks like. In other words, 2012 probably will be a big deal to hardcore astronomers, astrologers, and mystics. That's about it though.

I could be wrong, I'll still be having a massive party that day.
Not so short oh well.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
Blossom has failed, as has other apocalyptic prophecy over the past 2 decades.

Are you ready to give up predictions involving 2012?

What will it take for you to give up these ideas?

This reality we live in isn't going to change.

First of all, 2012 isn't an apocalyptic prophecy if you actually study it and look at the actual language it uses, it talks about the end of a cycle not of the world. I don't know how to respond to your comment about how this reality isn't going to change because I really just feel bad for you that your are so stuck in the old paradigm of consciousness. We have to understand that we create reality with every thought and we can change our thoughts anytime.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I would not put the GFL prediction on the same level as the 2012 prediction.

The whole 2012 event, although just speculation and conjecture at the present time, does have a respectable amount of scientific backing if you interpret it to suit your view.

One woman's psyhcic channelling's has absolutely no evidence whatsoeverother than her word for it. That's my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The Timewave Zero has been getting it right on the day for the past few weeks,predicting the when not the what of events bringing novelty into established habit,such as the most recent Oct 7 slide beginning.It showed nothing on yesterday's predicted UFO show,therefore was right about that one too.A major tennet in Christer fundamentalist dogma is that no man knows the hour of the second coming.Yet that is exactly what the Mayan calander claims to predict,the exact time of the apotheosis,as does the Timewave.One must chose either or,but not both.
I always thought that prophesy of the end times in the (various)bible(s) would look at least a little like what we see all around us,TV,cars,radio.airplanes,cell phones,etc and there is NONE OF THAT.
Therefore I say don't diss 2012 'till it's over and done.Meanwhile,deny ignorance

[edit on 15-10-2008 by trueforger]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

If you deny that, than thats all on you.

Because apparently if you don't get "saved" you'll burn in the eternal fires of hell.

God is Love, anyone?

Had the predicitions in the book known as the Bible all been 100% accurate you'd see many more coverts wouldn't you? It's easy to retroactivley fit predicitons to events and that is all the Bible has been able to do.

Prediciton and prophecy have been with us since the beginning of written history. I admit, I too have believed a prediciotn or two in my life ( Y2K - Oh goodness was I embarrassed as my family and I ate canned goods for months afterwards).

As for 2012 - I don't know. The debunkers have done a damn good job. In the end, I DO beleive that eventually something will happen, I just don't know what?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by droid56
Are you ready to give up on 2012, and other prophecy?

I give up on them the second I read them.
Seriously some of these people should be banned from the website.

I don't mean average "OK, I'll see what happens" people.

I mean the idiots who post this junk, defend it tooth and nail with name calling, insulting and "YOU'LL SEE" rants. When their bogus "prediction" doesn't come true they just move the goalpost back and bit and start the same old chant...

ATS justs lets them change the date and repost... it's disgusting.
You hear that ATS MODS? It's DISGUSTING.

They should be treated like Jim Jones and the insane brainwashers they are.

You can believe what you want to believe.. I am in favor of that, but to spread your own madness after it has been proven false is a friggin crime against humanity.

To top it off, anyone calling them out on it is labeled a hater, bigot or some other BS

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

The whole 2012 event, although just speculation and conjecture at the present time, does have a respectable amount of scientific backing if you interpret it to suit your view.

!!! HOLY CRAP !!!

It does NOT have scientific backing.. are you that ignorant?
There is NO scientific backing for the "end of the world".

You statement breeds the kind of ignorance we need to stamp out.
It's like the blanket excuse.. "if you interpret it to suit your view." Thats BS!

I can interpret the cack of my ass to signify the universe will crack in half when I take a poo if I want to "intepret" it that way.. there certainly is scientific evidence to back me up on a crack opening for poop to flow.. so why not make the leap.. right.. right???

Don't laugh.. that's the "leap" some take to "intepret" 2012

It is amazing the lengths people will go to defend their beliefs.
In 2013 they will just recalculate and start over for 2024 or something.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I personally find prophecies to be generally useless for predicting the future. One of the main characteristics of any prophecy is that it can be interpreted broadly. Which is why I believe the intent usually to be to point out issues that we may face, to make us mindful of potential. They are most useful as guides, if used at all, not hard events.

Besides, even if the prophecy proves to be true, what would anyone do about it? If you believe it, the future must already be set. Therefore, the only thing to do is live life to whatever satisfaction you feel the need to fulfill. Which can be done without a deadline as well.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

[edit on 15-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ZionOmega,

Please pardon my intrusion on this part and I have no issue with you or your beliefs but as Lucid quite rightly asked you; where's your evidence to support your statement that the Bible has been 100% correct on its predictions?

I'm only encouraging this for my own simple interests. It's just that you make a bold statement and I feel that it should support to some at least some degree of credibility however small or large that might be.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZionOmega

Originally posted by Kryties

ZionOmega could you please provide some evidence of these 'bible predictions' have come true? Anything? A link perhaps?

You have made a claim that 100% of 'bible predictions' have come true and, as yet, have not provided a single scrap of evidence. The onus is on YOU to provide this or we will be forced to come to the conclusion that this thread is false and your claim is untrue.

PS: Saying "I don't need to provide evidence it is self-evident" is a cop-out.

Again the internet is a VAST archive of knowledge. One just needs to go to google these words: "Bible Prophecies that have come true" and you will have TONS of search hits.

I don't really need to provide any "links" when you have all the internet and all the evidence thereof. Just search and read.

Well.... I suppose if we are talking RAPTURE here.... Why not bring up the Name William Miller? That would be a good place for people to begin researching, as well as yourself.

From what I gather there is no mention of Rapture in the bible. The Rapture is just an interpretation of man. Here is a timeline ....

1792 - Shakers calculated this date.[citation needed]
1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement.
1977 - William M. Branham prophesied that the Rapture would take place in 1977.[21]
1981 - Chuck Smith undogmatically predicted that Jesus would likely return by 1981.[citation needed]
1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.

Posters placed in public locations around the New England area in 19921992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.[22]
1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 27, 1994.[23]
2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.[24]
2060 - Sir Isaac Newton undogmatically proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the rapture could happen no earlier than 2060.[25][26]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Maybe they lost part two of the calendar?!

Or maybe they died or were conquered before part tow Mayan calendar could come out.

I wonder what Blossom is up to? Suicide watch? Kidding.

Really, this stuff is fun but if you take this stuff to be real well I have a

bridge to sell you!

2060 - Sir Isaac Newton undogmatically proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the rapture could happen no earlier than 2060.[25][26]

Sir Isaac Newton is to be respected but take the date with a grain of salt.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

oh i'm sorry i insulted you! Thanks for the deserving mockery.

After the blood has finished boiling, read the post again and then read 'The Mayan Prophecies by Adrian Gilbert and 'The mystery of 2012' by various authors

What made you assume i even believe in the whole theory.

tut tut shame

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join