It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Al-Qaeda-Taliban Alliance Plans To Take Over Pakistan!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Maybe they will find OBL and those WMD's while they are at it.

Err yes they will, since we all know that OBL is holed up in Waziristan, and Pakistan does have WMDs.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
Why should I believe for one minute that the Pakistani Army or Intelligence Agencies are going to give control of their country to the Taliban and Al Qaeda? For what reason? How is this even plausible?

Well, let me give you a small brief. Are you aware of the geostrategic imperatives for Pakistan in the region? Pakistan’s doctrine is to establish Strategic Depth into which it could retreat from an offensive in a future war with its archrival India. In order to achieve this, it is crucial for Pakistan to bring Afghanistan completely into its sphere of influence, without which it would lack a balanced disposition against a stronger India. Its strategy in the event of an adverse situation would be to use Afghanistan territory as a base for a riposte. In addition, its vital assets and reserve divisions could be redeployed in Afghanistan if the situation so warrants, for a subsequent counter offensive into Indian territory.

This is the broad strategy of the Pakistani Army. Therefore, getting Afghanistan within its sphere of influence by installing a puppet government headed by the Taliban is the raison d’etre for the total support of the Taliban by the ISI/Army. This includes arms, ammo, training and logistics and finance.

But what has upset the applecart somewhat is the anti establishment stance adopted by a section of the Taliban due to the Pak government’s policy of supporting the Americans in the so called ‘war against terror’ which is disadvantageous to them.

So this is a classic case of a government that is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. There are wheels within wheels. Confusion reigns supreme and this does not auger well for peace in the region. Who is in control? Your guess is as good as mine! And there lies the danger!

As regards your statement as to why would the Pakistani Army/ISI give control of their country to the alliance of the AQ-Taliban and other militant organizations, I would like to mention that this is not so. It is the radical elements within the Army/ISI (which are a sizeable percentage) and who are in cahoots with the militant organizations that pose a clear and present danger. As of now, (According to Pakistan’s Information minister) they have probably achieved the capability of engineering a coup against the government and establish a fundamentalist Islamic State, in control of the country and all its assets including its nukes.

The aftermath is too dangerous to even contemplate! Needless to say, this would also be the first step towards establishing a fundamentalist world Muslim caliphate.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
A part of me thinks there is a covert operation headed a few US individuals in order to invade more countries and get a lock down on the US citizens. If a nuke were to go off in the US, I bet there will be martial law.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by bruxfain
Why should I believe for one minute that the Pakistani Army or Intelligence Agencies are going to give control of their country to the Taliban and Al Qaeda? For what reason? How is this even plausible?

Well, let me give you a small brief. Are you aware of the geostrategic imperatives for Pakistan in the region? Pakistan’s doctrine is to establish Strategic Depth into which it could retreat from an offensive in a future war with its archrival India. In order to achieve this, it is crucial for Pakistan to bring Afghanistan completely into its sphere of influence, without which it would lack a balanced disposition against a stronger India. Its strategy in the event of an adverse situation would be to use Afghanistan territory as a base for a riposte. In addition, its vital assets and reserve divisions could be redeployed in Afghanistan if the situation so warrants, for a subsequent counter offensive into Indian territory.

This is the broad strategy of the Pakistani Army. Therefore, getting Afghanistan within its sphere of influence by installing a puppet government headed by the Taliban is the raison d’etre for the total support of the Taliban by the ISI/Army. This includes arms, ammo, training and logistics and finance.

But what has upset the applecart somewhat is the anti establishment stance adopted by a section of the Taliban due to the Pak government’s policy of supporting the Americans in the so called ‘war against terror’ which is disadvantageous to them.

So this is a classic case of a government that is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. There are wheels within wheels. Confusion reigns supreme and this does not auger well for peace in the region. Who is in control? Your guess is as good as mine! And there lies the danger!

As regards your statement as to why would the Pakistani Army/ISI give control of their country to the alliance of the AQ-Taliban and other militant organizations, I would like to mention that this is not so. It is the radical elements within the Army/ISI (which are a sizeable percentage) and who are in cahoots with the militant organizations that pose a clear and present danger. As of now, (According to Pakistan’s Information minister) they have probably achieved the capability of engineering a coup against the government and establish a fundamentalist Islamic State, in control of the country and all its assets including its nukes.

The aftermath is too dangerous to even contemplate! Needless to say, this would also be the first step towards establishing a fundamentalist world Muslim caliphate.[edit on 16-10-2008 by mikesingh]

So, a coup against Pakistan at present is not plausible. If the Geostrategic Imperative of Strategic Depth is to be maintained, at the very minimum a coup plot against Afghanistan would have to unfold simultaneous to a coup in Pakistan. Otherwise the Islamic fundamentalist plotters would immediately be surrounded, as they already are, and gradually wiped out, as we would no longer have to honor the sovereignty of Pakistan.

My question now becomes, how many turncoats exists within NATO and American forces currently stationed in Afghanistan? Is our military leadership aware that there MUST be some already in place? Does this explain some of the defeatist language the British have been using when describing the situation in Afghanistan.

How many turncoats exists within the governments of the United States and Western Europe? Don't some of our politicians know that their must be members of the Senate and House that are possibly providing support to make a coup by the Islamists successful?

How many western people are going to risk their lives and fortunes so that the Islamic Fundamentalists can rule in Pakistan?

As far as a Islamic Caliphate, I was under the impression that the legal requirements for such an entity to exist had not been met. So, wouldn't the fundamentalists have to achieve some spiritual task before such an entity could be recognized as such?

It just seems to me that the President of the United States would have to be a willing partner and co-conspirator in any successful coup in Pakistan which would safely install an Islamic fundamentalist government. Because this would have to be the case, why would this country's leadership give Nukes to a bunch of people that they fear would turn around and use them against us?

This only makes sense if the story is a lie or the people in Washington are suicidal and have a need for extreme drama.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think its very important to also view this from another point. If you haven't watched "The Power of Nightmares" then I guess its a good time.

"The Power of Nightmares"

Part 1:

Google Video Link

Part 2:

Google Video Link

Part 3:

Google Video Link

[edit on 16-10-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

[edit on 16-10-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Mike, this has been on the Horizon for quite some time.

I am sure you are aware of the countries that border Afghanistan as well as Pakistan as well as the India/China conflicts over water rights as well as disputed land rights.

China has invested heavly in Pakistan, Africa and has a huge stake in who controls Afghanistan which flys in the face of India and her interests.

The reason China has not protested the Afghanistan (one of the small reasons) has to do with the opium trade that takes place near the Chinese/Afghanistan border.....another reason is the Pakistan/Chinese arms trade has increased/ also the ISI has US inroads via China/USA trade and China/USA politics (others as well but they have already been mentioned in the thread)

Dan Pearl came upon a lot of this info and paid with hsi life...in fact did'nt the main operative behind the beheading of Dan Pearl reside in India for a time...was he not arrested in India and then shipped to Pakistan?

I believe that 911 might have been used as a false flag to get our military in the MI in order to try to arrest/put a stop to an Islamic state poised to hold hostage the rest of the MI via its nukes.

To me this is not new....this is part of the reason we are at war.

We are having a very tough time in Afghanistan. This is a war that we cannot lose......it is in the best interest for all..India, Saudi's, Afghanistan, the west, Europe for us to stay the course in Afghanistan and to bring the "surge" into Afghanistan as well.

Just a quick opinion....good thread.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inca_Roads
Lobbing ordinance from the shadows is much more effective than flaunting nukes in broad daylight.

Agreed to an extent! But you are implying the tactics used by non state actors. Once you are in control of a country, the methodology changes. It morphs into open defiance and blackmail with nuclear weapons as the bargaining chips. They may not be used at all, but the threat would exist which increases manifold as you can deduce from this equation:

Threat Perception = Intention x Capability

In this case, if Pakistan is taken over by radicals then the Threat Perception translates to ‘Dangerous’.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
We are having a very tough time in Afghanistan. This is a war that we cannot lose......it is in the best interest for all..India, Saudi's, Afghanistan, the west, Europe for us to stay the course in Afghanistan and to bring the "surge" into Afghanistan as well.

Yes wr! We need to stay the course in Afghanistan whatever the odds. Considering the terrain and an unseen enemy without borders, it is an extremely difficult task at hand. But there are no easy solutions here. For one, we need to augment the present combat strength with a big surge. A successful Counter insurgency campaign would need to have an overwhelming combat ratio of at least 20 to 1, (depending of course on the quantum of force multipliers available to American and NATO forces), otherwise we'll just be blundering our way through with no end in sight.

Unfortunately, the disaster that is Iraq has spread the forces too thin. I wonder how much can be mustered now for a viable surge in Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Excellent post!

I don't believe the pakistan story is being told right however.

Bhutto was killed not long after stating matter of factly that Bin Laden was murdered. A family member of her's is in power now and suddenly there is this crisis with an obvious urgent need to invade / take control / disarm etc.?

Sounds to me that act II of this whole world wide play has been completed by the choreographer and the audience is lining up to watch.

This situation is ramping up just as a cia play would, from alarming the people, having them cry out and then providing the wonderful solution.

Let's keep our eyes open on this one.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Fair, but then youve got to ask yourself who exactly the military is sympathetic too,

I love ATS, it's not often both of us sort of agree on something!!

I have no doubt that we have paid many of the top Pakistani military leaders well over the years. We are also the suppliers of the financial aid and military hardware..........they will follow the money. No to sound crass, but that's what it basically comes down too. They (the Pakistan Military) will do what is in it's best interest.

The ISI does still have some Taliban sympathizers since they basically created the Taliban. However, even they don't want the Taliban in power in Pakistan. The Taliban are a relative small group, they can be an irritant but can't take over Afghanistan, let alone Pakistan.

It's not a great situation, but there must a very good reason the U.S. feels that Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is safe. Basically we must have bought it's safety with the military, since I can't see many other reasons to believe that it is safe.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Haha i really love the way how indians play up the whole ' Islamic terrorists taking over the world' scenario..

Well i don't really blame them,they lost a big portion of India to muslims in 1947 and now they're at a state where they can't even take or handle kashmir from their Muslim neighbours.They just want US and the allies to attack Pakistan so that they can fullfill their dream of having other half chunk of kashmir with abit of Pakistan which i don't think will be hapenning very soon.And China is not gona sit there like a lame duck who has been supporting Pakistan with service/materials in building their nuclear and airforce infrastructure for decades.For them US millitary bases in Pakistan and a superior india is not a very good combination.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

Do I smell religious fanaticism here? Get over this Muslim vs the rest stuff and grow up some. If you haven't got the drift, then I'd like to impress upon you that this has nothing to do with Muslims per se. It's got to do with extremists, fundamentalists, terrorists and the fringe elements within the Muslim community.

And probably you aren't aware that India has the second largest Muslim population in the world after Indonesia. Way more than Pakistan. So let's not get into these banal arguments.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jw1234
This is some pretty scary stuff.

Especially when government agents write exactly what you just stated on these threads. new profiles created the day this thread is up etc etc................

Hoping more would "be scared"

I don't fall for this inane nonsense and no one else should either anymore.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mas2600
I believe the Pakistan situation will be the next administration's war, no doubt under Obama. It will be justified by using the "nuclear weapon in the wrong hands" context.

I don't believe that.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Semper Fi
Thanks for the info...

Can't do much but arm myself...

Seeya

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Tese are CIA false flag groups/ whipped up and ready for destabilization. Of COURSE "they" are planning ops in Pakistan. That's where 3,000 of the cream of the crop were flown by US military planes in summer 2000, and about which top brass resigned. Memory, anyone?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

No, Im saying that if anyone is convinced of their own religion or reality to the point that they are willing to kill someone, christian, muslim whatever, than this is a serious problem. If you read and understand what the principle idea behind what I thought I made clear was you would have got the message. Extremists views that take on extremist actions is a problem when it means taking lives when lives do not need to be taken. Religion makes people act on hope and idealism rather than fact and rational.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Subversive_Populous]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Of course I have doubt and I take everything with a grain of salt. Maybe I wasnt 100% clear on the idea that my reality, given that I am constantly getting more information and shifting ideas. Thats whats great about life and what makes science work. Religion on the other hand doesnt really chang and does a poor job of substantiating anything it claims to prove. This is why I refuse to take Religion into my personal reality, and Im grateful for it. Selfish, no. I may have strong views about religion and about its effect, but I personally do not feel that I have the right to tell someone to not believe, nor do I expect to convince anyone to buy into what I have taken to be my "reality". As an outside oppinion on Religion, this(my post) was an example of how my personal idealogy works in short. I am an extremely tolerant person, despite another posters view. I go to Catholic church every sunday with my wife who is Catholic and with her Catholic family, why? Because educating myself on what I tell people I do not believe is only logical -but mostly because this in itself doesnt hurt anything. I would go to temple with someone of jewish faith, and I would go to a muslim, hindu or any other religions service because its interesting and its important to explore other options in life and to know where other people are coming from. The religion that I respect about all others is Buddhism since it openly tolerates other faiths, and recognizes that people need to live and work together for the greater good. I share my fact based reality with all others who agree with the facts and I admire and respect those who constructivley disagree because disagreements in fact is how science moves foreward. My god is human potential. My anti-god is human ignorance and the evil that it brings with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

Ahh, my mistake. Granted we should all be at least aware of whats going on, but maybe not deeply concerned or hysterical -at least not yet. Excellent points.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wait a minute, so the war in Iraq and Afghanistan didn't work, so now we not only have to have brigades in our own country who's purpose is to put down riots, we now have to have a no-constitution zone 100 miles inside our border, and expand our war to Pakistan?

ATS is turning into mainstream news. Some people really are stupid. Scotty, beam me up. There's no intelligent life here.

edit: Oh wait, I notice how must of the warmongers are military. Now it makes sense.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by 1011010110]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join