It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Al-Qaeda-Taliban Alliance Plans To Take Over Pakistan!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I believe the Pakistan situation will be the next administration's war, no doubt under Obama. It will be justified by using the "nuclear weapon in the wrong hands" context.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Due to the overwhelming evidence that Al Qaeda as the "official story" tells it is fictional, this article just sounds like more biased fearmongering.

Who is the only country to ever use nukes in an attack? And does that country still have any nukes in stock?

Sorry folks, but if I were living in the east and saw the American Empire pointing fingers and warheads at my citizens and neighbors, I would probably stock up on weapons too, simply to quell the fears of my fellow countrymen.

Nations these days act just like drunk a-holes fighting at a bar. Some chach doesn't like the way another d-bag is dressed, then comes the "Oh yeah, oh yeah?! You want to do something about it?" part. Then someone throws a bottle and ish hits the fan.

And the Star Spangled Banner is the most famous drinking song in the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You really cant blame the Pakistani people for being pissed.

After all we propped up that puppet dictator Musharef for how long? He did more harm for Pakistani people than any Al Qaida or Taliban group ever could.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Well hole #1 in your theory...
edition.cnn.com...
Taliban breaks from Al Qaeda

Thats not something to be trusted. I would say there is definitely a different intention behind that game.... Well its just my opinion and some thing to be thought about.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It is only fitting that the Taliban and al-Qaeda have joined forces with their Pakistani allies in the border areas and the Inter Service Intelligence (ISI) to turn against the Pakistani Government for all of it's lip service against al-Qaeda and the Taliban and for the U.S. led war against them. Yes, the Pakistani Government and it's ISI were responsible for the Taliban. Much evidence for this can be found in a recent book called "Ghost War" which details the support that both the Pakistani and the U.S. governments gave to the geurillas who fought the Soviets after their invasion of Afghanistan in December of 1979. This book details all the shenanigans from 12/79 up until 9/11/01. There are countless other books and articles to show what has been going on since 9/11. The chicken's have come home to roost, as the proverbial saying goes. And, yes, there is a lot to worry about with Pakistan's nuclear weapons should the Taliban, al Qaeda should help their allies inside Pakistan take over the Government.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Sh!!!

Don't say this too loud...

Its supposed to be A-CIA-Da...

having the realisation of real Islamofacists is not good for the dem party line...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hurm..a Taliban/AL CIAda plot to overthrow Pakistan's government sounds like if the War Party can't get Iran they will settle for Pakistan in it's attempt to get a gas line through that region.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Much like "islamofascists" are apart of the repub's party line.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anyone here who is going to deny the existence of the Taliban needs a reality check. Who do you think we are fighting in Afghanistan anyway?

Most here know that Al-Qaeda was created by the CIA AND the ISI to fight the soviets... ok old story.

The thing here is the Taliban branched off from Al-Qaeda and is now working with the ISI. In case you don't know the ISI is the CIA of Pakistan.

There is no way in hell the Bush administration wants to go to war with a country that has control of freking nukes! This would be what you call a war on terror disaster.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If they take over at least we know who and where to bomb..let the cities of smoking molten glass stand as a warning..better yet invite all of the chickens to come home to roost...and then level the country the second they launch a missile or a spitball in our general direction. Sorry for the innocent..let God sort them out..as for the Wolves..they can perish alongside those they hide behind. Sooner would have been better but NOW will do...Lets see how many peace loving Muslims we have left after that..Sick of war..so lets not fight one lets END IT for all time. Pakistan wants to hold all the balls..lets kick it off then.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subversive_Populous
reply to post by bruxfain

We should care because any country with nuclear capability is a concern, why do you think this is so heavily monitored? If this gets out of hand this isnt something you can just drop a bomb on, this would be precise tactical removal like taking cancer out of someones brain. If you set off one bomb,its likely everything sitting there on the ground is going to go off at the same time. Could you imagine the force of about 20 atom bombs all at once (I dont know what exactly they have or what would happen-but logically this would set off a catostrophic chain reaction) Nuclear winter would effect the globe. Chunks of pakistan would probably hit the moon.

That's not really how I meant my post to be understood. When stories like this appear in the American media it is an attempt to manipulate emotions. To convey a sense of hopelessness and dread.

When the Taliban ruled in Afghanistan, only two or three other countries in the world recognized them. Currently, whatever remains of the regime is hiding out in the mountains. Why should I believe for one minute that the Pakistani Army or Intelligence Agencies are going to give control of their country to the Taliban and Al Qaeda? For what reason? How is this even plausible?

Al Qaeda or affilated groups have hit India with more terror attacks than any country; they may also be responsible for attacks against China and possibly Russia.

The premise of this entire article suggests that some Alternate Reality will emerge in the near term where Taliban and Al Qaeda can come out of hiding, set up some kind of fundamentalist regime in a nation of 180 million people and not be shot on site.

It suggests that the Pakistani will pay taxes to this regime and they'll be able to recieve foreign aid.

I say it's not our problem because the threat is not plausible. If the ISI is so corrupt they should just give Al Qaeda a nuke for them to use. Because the idea of the Taliban and Al Qaeda setting up shop in Pakistan makes no sense to me.

But please, I would like to hear the series of events that would have to occur for this scenario to take shape; thus be a cause of concern.

I was once told that North Korea's nuclear program was a threat and we can all see how that turned out.

And what is all this talk of the Taliban and Al Qaeda helping their allies in Pakistan take over the Government? The Taliban and Al Qaeda couldn't even hold on to Afghanistan. Has anyone considered that the current ferocity of their so-called Insurgency is due to the fact that if they don't fight then they'll die standing still.

Obviously the most powerful weapons still owned by Taliban and Al Qaeda are their video cameras and tape recorders because nothing else is having any real effect. They also have some assets within the global media that are trying to convince the world that these people are not going to die in those mountains; they will.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by hannamtong

Reality, in everyday usage, means "the state of things as they actually exist" wiki, first line.

My "reality" is what can be felt,touched,observed,catalogued etc. My reality can be shown to others and substantiated. It can be proved without a shadow of a doubt. You might ask why someone who would make a statement like this is on a site such as ats. The answer is simple, most of what is on here is not real, they are theories, and once proven will become part of my reality as fact and not abstract.

*I should also add that I realise all truths are assumptions and facts are just the best educated guess of the time. what is the quote "the only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" socrates..smart man

Am I the only one that finds your "reality" to be as selfish as someone who believes in faith? Aren't you believing in the faith of your "reality" and taking it to be an absolute in the first part, only to say it's entirely subjective after all?!

You say your reality is what you can sense and observe. Isn't everyones sensational experience and POV different? How could what you experience be proven to or by anyone else? Just wondering how you can prove anything without a doubt. I doubt the one who does not doubt.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Taking over Pakistan would be a terrible move for Al Qaeda and the Taliban. It's the strategic equivalent of backing into a closet: once there, there's nowhere else for them to go. If they flaunt their newly-acquired nuclear arsenal, we've got them. We now know what they're packing and the origin of the missiles. In other words, they'd be sitting ducks. It's very un-terrorist-like behavior to forsake fear and uncertainty, their most powerful weapons, IMO.

Lobbing ordinance from the shadows is much more effective than flaunting nukes in broad daylight.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The real power in Pakistan is held by the military, they will not allow Pakistan to descend into chaos. They have stepped in before to take over the country, they will do so again if they determine they need to.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Fair, but then youve got to ask yourself who exactly the military is sympathetic too,

being they are shooting at the US military,
and it seems the militia have free reign in the tribal area's of Pakistan.. id have great doubts as to who the military will step in and fight, when chaos reigns.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I don't think so. They work for City of London and their role is to protect U.S./British/German/Chinese oil pipelines in exchange for trafficking heroin and laundering it in City of London (Fed/Bank of England/Bundesbank) banks.

If they even tried to get overt instead of operating in a disquised apparently covert fashion, they'd get nuked by U.S., Israel, Russia, China, Pakistan & India & Japan & Australia.

Great post, very informative. If they did take it over, they'd still get nuked. Plus Saudi Arabia would get nuked, plus Iraq and Iran and the U.S. and Russia, and China and Japan and India.

What would be the sense in that? It would end the heroin and oil trades.

Al Queda could have been eliminated a long time ago, and their primary self-funding revenue, their Afghani and Syrian poppy fields and their coc aine production in the Tri-Border Area of South America (where the contras and oliver north and monser al kassar operated).

Hello?

[edit on 15-10-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I just don't get it......we are at our wits end. This world is succumbing slowly and it is sad that we are the ones who'll have to take it on. However, we are ready, good will triumph in the long run. American Society is not responsible for American Politicians, we have been formulated in a system that goes deeper then space. Wars, famine, financial systems all created by certain individuals to horde the world onto their palm. I hope the masses stir up very soon....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

but even christianity has extremists and soon these diferences in what PEOPLE THINK will happen after death will be the cause of your death.

So you're comparing Christian Extremists who don't have/wouldn't want to nuke someone, with Islam extremists who have/would nuke someone?

Tolerance, you have none.

-------------------------------

Now, isn't it funny how America's been hounding how vile Iran is, and talks about tactical nuclear strikes, but clearly, Pakistan is 100x more dangerous seeing they have verified nuclear weapons?

Funny how things work.

Peace,
FK

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Contrary to what everyone believes this is great news. The Pakistani government has been putting this fight off for decades giving these terrorists a safe base of operations. This means that all those years of ignoring the terrorists because they remained in a out of the way region is over. These terrorist groups cannot stand up against the Pakistan military and apparently tolerance for them is coming to an end.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
There is too much mis-information out there that it is difficult to seperate the facts. Bear with me, it all ties together.

So, I'll offer some source material, and let you decide what is or isn't.

See end of external quote for source [note-source is dated];

The greatest failure of the US-led coalition has been its inability to neutralize the core leadership of both Al Qaeda and the Taliban...
pg-xviii

With sustained efforts to target the core and penultimate leadership, it is very likely that Al Qaeda's leading lights-Osama bin Laden, Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, Khalid Sheikh Muhammad, and even the Taliban leader Mullah Omar-will be captured or, more likely killed. Nonetheless, Islamist terrorism will outlive Al Qaeda, and Islamic ideology will persist for the foreseeable future.
pg-xliii

Al Qaeda is above all else a secret, almost virtual, organization, one that denies its own existence in order to remain in the shadows. This explains why it always uses other names and identities (such as the World Islamic Front for the Jihad Against the Jews and the Crusaders) when referring to its actions, beliefs or statements, thereby keeping us guessing about its true motives, true intentions. Al Qaeda maintains its practice of absolute secrecy even when dealing with Islamist parties and armed groups that share its aspirations. To them it is an enigma, a shadowy body that many of them aspire to "join"...

...Abdullah Azzam conceptualized Al Qaeda in 1987.
pg-4

Azzam-the ideological father of Al Qaeda-was the mentor of Osama bin Laden. After cofounding the Maktab al Khidmat lil Mujahidin al Arab (MAK, or Afghan Service Bureau) in Peshawar, Pakistan, in 1984, Azzam and Osama then ran it together for several years.
pg-5

...In the wake of the US-led campaign, the Taliban failed immediately to mobilize support for a guerrilla war, but in the months since the fall of their regime, the Taliban and Al Qaeda elements that eluded the Northern Alliance and US forces have merged into one military unit...
pg-12

Most of Al Qaeda's leadership, in this author's view, remains in the lawless tribal areas straddling the Afghan and Pakistan borders, where even the Pakistan Army and its intelligence organization, the ISI(Inter-Services-Intelligence), find it hard to operae freely.
pg-15

Within a month of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan on December 26, 1979, Osama left Saudi Arabia for Pakistan to assess the situation. There he saw the Afghan leaders Burhanuddin Rabbani and Abdur Rab Rasool Sayyaf, whom he had met on the Hajj....They were among the seven principal commanders that spearheaded the anti-Soviet jihad with the military, logistical and financial support of the multinational coalition organized by the CIA and comprising the United States, Britain, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, China and several other countries. Intelligence and military personnel from most of these countries were active on the ground in Afghanistan and neighboring Pakistan, funding and training Afghans and Arab volunteers to fight the Soviets.
pg-23

Inside Al Qaeda
Global Network of Terror
Rohan Gunaratna
ISBN 0-425-19114-1

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding/s of Al Qaeda's and the Talibans relationship. Along with the strong rumor that it was CIA who created them, because in reality it was not just them solely. They played a part, as did the other nations.

So, if you look at it, Al Qaeda is a chimera of all those nations involved, I'm sure the British "MI 5/6" played just as big a role and the CIA has been accredited for, not to mention as stated those other countries.

So, in future references to Al Qaeda being a CIA creation, the details of the Afghan conflict of their supposed birth should also include the above noted Nations in taking the credit as well. They all played their part in that horrible after effect. Too bad the CIA takes all the blame or credit, but it is not theirs.

The Taliban and Al Qaeda leaders as noted, are and have been working together for some time.

I hope this little history lesson was educational, and helped some clear up any mis-information that has been floating around for awhile now. This source I listed is just one of many, however it is perhaps the best in my opinion. As it is very indepth and detailed, 30 some pages of notes. All listing sources of material which the book was created with. Almost 400 pages of no bs facts on terrorism.

Rohan has been the foremost expert on terror for some years, and this particular publication is from 2002/3 if you recall the dated note I made above.

Thank you for reading, class dismissed, please carry on.

[edit for spelling]

[edit on 16-10-2008 by ADVISOR]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join