It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! Al-Qaeda-Taliban Alliance Plans To Take Over Pakistan!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Aftermath of the Marriott Hotel bombing in Pakistan's capital.
More than 62 were killed and hundreds injured.

Never before has Pakistan admitted that it faces a very serious internal threat from an alliance of Jehadi forces comprising the Al-Qaeda, Taliban and regional militant groups. Though this is disturbing enough, more alarming is the security of Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal. God forbid if they succeed, then undoubtedly the world will be held to ransom by these Jehadi forces hell bent on achieving their ultimate aim of establishing a world Muslim Caliphate.

Pakistan is facing a "very serious internal threat" to its integrity, as a grouping of Al-Qaeda, Taliban and local 'jehadi' elements are taking place, reportedly forming an alliance together to take over the country, Pakistan Information and Broadcasting Minister Sherry Rehman warned on October 14 (2008). Rehman also stated, the Taliban and 'Jehadi' and other militant groups in Pakistan had links with the Afghan Taliban and groups in Jammu and Kashmir, sources were quoted as claimed by the media.

Rehman made these remarks during a special joint session of Parliament, which was again adjourned today (October 14), as opposition lawmakers wanted answers to posers raised by them on the causes of sudden upsurge in militant strikes in Pakistan.

The chickens have finally come home to roost. Decades of nurturing Jehadis as state policy of fighting wars by proxy have resulted in a situation that’s not only making Pakistan sink deeper into the quagmire of uncontrolled terrorist violence, but has now sent alarm bells ringing around the world. What if Pakistan’s nukes fall into the hands of these fundamentalists? This is a probability that’s now becoming a stark reality!

Terrorist Training Camps In Pakistan

A terrorist training camp in Pakistan
Occupied Kashmir.
Courtesy: CNN

Some of the confirmed terrorist training camps
in Pakistan. “The number of terrorists in these camps,
to receive arms and explosive training, is estimated to
be between 2,000 and 2,500.
Apart from training jehadis for Jammu and Kashmir,
these camps often also house terrorists headed for other parts of the world.

Courtesy: Times Of India.

Courtesy: Spiegel Online International

State Sponsored Terrorism

Unfortunately, Pakistan is so obsessed with state sponsored terrorism/militancy in Kashmir and Afghanistan, which is a vital ingredient of its foreign policy, that they do not want to pull the plug on the reprehensible activities of the ISI (Inter Services Intelligence) which is a government within a government that makes its own foreign policies with the help of the Army. The truth is that the civil set-up is just a façade, the politicians but puppets on a string and democracy a sham, what with hardcore militants breathing down their necks. The power centers are many and no one seems firmly in control.

This scenario cannot change and can only get worse until and unless the ISI is dissolved, the Army brought to heel, disbanding the hundreds of Jehadi training camps run by the ISI and the Army in Pakistan, occupied Kashmir and the border regions of Afghanistan and a radical change the Pakistani government’s mind-set, admitting the failure of their age old policy of state sponsored terrorism. But are they listening?

They’ve raised and nurtured a Frankenstein monster that’s now turned upon them. When will they realize this and apply a paradigm shift to these failed policies? Is it too late? Probably, considering what Pakistan Information and Broadcasting Minister Sherry Rehman has said.

Real And Present Danger

Time is running out not only for Pakistan but the world. How long would it be before Pakistan’s nuclear weapons fall into Jehadi hands bringing ever closer the specter of a nuclear Jehadist state? Remember, there is a very significant percentage of the rank and file of the Pakistan Army and ISI that are in cahoots with militant organizations like the Al-Qaeda, Taliban, LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI), Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) and many more.

Pakistan's plutonium production reactor at Khushab.
Image Source: DigitalGlobe

Pakistan’s Nukes >

And that is the alarming part. A coup by the Al-Qaeda-Taliban alliance with help from the radical elements within the Army is the last thing we want. It now looks like the world is fast becoming a more dangerous place to live in, heading toward Armageddon. The ‘cold war’ seems to pale in comparison!

Ref:
timesnow.tv...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This story might be related:

www.miamiherald.com...

It's about a future NIE report on Pakistan.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sounds like someone is setting the stage for giving the US government a "legitimate" reason to invade Pakistan.

"Oh no...we cant let the terrorists get the nukes...woe is me etc etc"

The Taliban and C.I.Al Quaida have never gotten along...at all...doesn't really make sense.

Any reason to go to war I guess.

Maybe they will find OBL and those WMD's while they are at it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

This is one of those times where I find myself having the knee-jerk 'there's a conspiracy here' response, i.e. Bush Admin wants a reason to go in, but I actually don't think that is the case here. IMO, they want to go into Iran (oil) but the situation as it is unfolding in Pakistan is a nightmare scenario for the US and the Bush admin.

Naked's link above is a great read. I am going to excerpt from it as it addresses some of the points you are raising. It parses NIE's from Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan:

Together, the three NIEs suggest that without significant and swift progress on all three fronts - which they suggest is uncertain at best - the U.S. could find itself facing a growing threat from al-Qaida and other Islamic extremist groups, said one of the officials.

About the only good news in the Pakistan NIE is that it's "relatively sanguine" about the prospects of a Pakistani nuclear weapon, materials or knowledge falling into the hands of terrorists, said one official.

However, the draft NIE paints a grim picture of the situation in the impoverished, nuclear-armed country of 160 million, according to the U.S. officials who spoke to McClatchy.

It closes with:

The government is also facing an accelerating economic crisis that includes food and energy shortages, escalating fuel costs, a sinking currency and a massive flight of foreign capital accelerated by the escalating insurgency, the NIE warns.

The Pakistani public is clamoring for relief as the crisis pushes millions more into poverty, giving insurgent groups more opportunities to recruit young Pakistanis.

So certainly reason to worry... but hopefully not about the nukes....sigh...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Sounds like someone is setting the stage for giving the US government a "legitimate" reason to invade Pakistan.

Actually this is possible, I don't think the Bush administration would want this to happen at all. There's really no reason to want Pakistan. Pakistan is already on the U.S. side but it's fighting to stay that way.

It's been worried that that this COULD happen for a while now.

The ISI within the Pakistan government is working to help overthrow the government and change leadership to extremism.
If something like this were to happen it could cause a chain reaction through much of the middle east. Having Hamas and Taliban both could inspire a scary amount of people to become extremists.

www.usatoday.com...

KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — Benazir Bhutto blamed al-Qaeda and Taliban militants Friday for the assassination attempt against her that killed at least 136 people, and declared she would risk her life to restore democracy in Pakistan and prevent an extremist takeover.

Above article is from '07. Am I wrong or didn't Bhutto eventually get assassinated?

Oh yeah, that's right, two months latter www.guardian.co.uk... she got assassinated.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Techsnow]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If they did get control of Pakistan/Nukes. Wouldnt other countries be worried also, the US shouldnt be the only ones to go in and see what they can do. Russia, China, and India wouldnt they be pissed. I hope something is done soon before it gets out of hand.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Great, religion comes in and takes the reigns from logic once again. When will people wake up and see that this is what religion does to people. Sure, Im sure a lot of you will disagree, and thats fine, but even christianity has extremists and soon these diferences in what PEOPLE THINK will happen after death will be the cause of your death.

So extremists get Nukes, the rest of the world dog piles Pakistan to stop a bad situation from getting worse -or this is staged and a few months from now the rest of the world will be watching as America allon goes in and other nations watch like wtf are THEY doing NOW?

In any event, if this is the case and they do get in control then all I can say is: Thanks a lot jerks, I hope its well worth the cost of the planet and everyone in it. I sure hope that your god will find compassion for you when you have taken the assumption that you have any right to distroy what you believe him to have created. Pretty big assumption, and your views -or anyones, is not worth the cost of the planet and of the human species. Extremism on any field should be synonymous with ignorance and too much pride. I am an athiest and I have more compassion for people than any extremist claims to have because there is nothing compassionate about killing and there is nothing compassionate about a god that approves of killing in their name.

Ive said it before- We will go no where unless we toss aside outdated beliefs and form our own based on reality, and based on the current state of the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So, if Muslim extremists come to power in Pakistan. How long will it be before Indian troops pour over the Southern border and how long before the Chinese pour over the Eastern border. That is really the question.

I really love how everything is a Western or American problem. Like we must care about this. If anything it would help end this War a lot sooner. If Taliban/Al Qaeda alliance come to power in Pakistan, we'll be able to sit this one out; China, Russia and India would refuse to tolerate the existence of such farce.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

Im sure a lot of them will just lube up and sit on their thumbs as per usual, then from their office chairs they will all complain about how its being handled. Teenagers across the globe will talk about what monsters americans are and how we should have handled it- you know, politics as it almost always is.

Is American perfect? no, Is anyone? absolutly not. We are all monsters in war, but America and a handful of other countries are at least proactive enough to do something and not just sit around waiting. On a final note, the UN is a friggin joke, just disolve that illusion it isnt fooling anyone, countries will do what they want to do and not a lot has been stopping them.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think if such a thing did happen we would see the Indian army rolling over the border, equipped with some nice new equipment.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subversive_Populous
reply to post by isa75

Im sure a lot of them will just lube up and sit on their thumbs as per usual, then from their office chairs they will all complain about how its being handled.

If they do take over Pakistan they will wait to see what US and UK do because know that we will likely go in and they won't have to do anything.

As far as I'm considered they already have taken over Pakistan (the ISI). It's only a matter of time before they get those nukes. Then someone will have to take action. Will it be India and China? Pff, not if America and UK go marching in first... which they will.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is some pretty scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure it will all be okay after Obama urges them to sit down at the negotiation table so we all talk our differences out. After all, who can resist big Barry-O asking "Can't we just all get along?"

The Taliban-Al Qaida alliance doesn't stand a chance with big Barry-O looking over their shoulders.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

We should care because any country with nuclear capability is a concern, why do you think this is so heavily monitored? If this gets out of hand this isnt something you can just drop a bomb on, this would be precise tactical removal like taking cancer out of someones brain. If you set off one bomb,its likely everything sitting there on the ground is going to go off at the same time. Could you imagine the force of about 20 atom bombs all at once (I dont know what exactly they have or what would happen-but logically this would set off a catostrophic chain reaction) Nuclear winter would effect the globe. Chunks of pakistan would probably hit the moon.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Subversive_Populous

well said, two things though.....me being agnostic, I think what people do to religion is the problem not what religion does to people. You say we need to base our beliefs on reality....well reality and beliefs are like assholes...you know the rest.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Every time i see 'Al-CIAda' I have a chuckle...

BBC: CIA admits al-qaeda fabricated
polidics.com...

Why do people forget that every time it's posted... Each time it is used, it just makes me think of propaganda. Blame everything on AQ and get everyone scared.

Funny how US got told to 'PO' outta Pakistan, the next week the marriot was bombed now CNN is pumping this sort of scare tactics. Don't forget they are the ones along with fox/MSM etc trying to sway public opinion to get into Iran. They pumped govt line to get you into Iraq as well.
I don't see some Taliban and SAS (cough Al-CIAda) opening up a 3rd front against a country.
If Pakistan was having a big problem with them, wouldn't they want the US to take out the supposed camps? A Mil govt will always look after itself so it cannot be taken out easily.

Not buying it sorry.

[edit on 15/10/08 by GhostR1der]

[edit on 15/10/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well hole #1 in your theory...
edition.cnn.com...
Taliban breaks from Al Qaeda

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Are you Americans really that ignorant or just plain stupid? Can’t you see that the real terrorist’s organization is your own government? The American government has been involved in numerous wars and coups, and has the blood of innocent’s children and women on his hand.

You’re afraid that Al-Qaeda is taking over; if you did some research you would know that Al-Qaeda came to existence with US funding. Same with the Taliban and other so called terrorist’s organizations.

These so called ‘terrorists’ are used to justify American aggression against other countries. When Soviet-Union collapsed and the ‘commies’ where gone. America had no enemy. So they came up with a new enemy the ‘evil beard terrorists’.

My advice to all Americans is to see the forest for the threes. See the bigger picture, not just Al-Qaeda or Taliban. Your government doesn’t serve you, no, it serves the big corporations. And your fellow Americans are not dieing for ones country, no they’re dieing for the rich elite.

There is a big hatred towards the American government and that hatred doesn’t come from thin air like your money. No, it comes from brutal actions and the crimes against humanity that the American government has done. You reap what you sow.

Don’t buy into this fear mongering; it’s just a distraction so that the rich elite can carry on with their plan to take over your houses, your money etc. They will make you poor so you can join the military and earn money to pay off your debts. You will be fighting in countries which you can’t even locate on the map.

Say NO to war and the world will truly became a better place. Put down your weapons and stay in your own country Americans. America has done more bad than good towards our beautiful planet Earth and his inhabitants. Its time for dialog and not for war!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Gotta have the justification to carry the bogus 'war on terror' into Pakistan.

I think these very groups were, and still are, financed by CIA/Western Intelligence.

A little about Pakistan the U.S. 'ally'.

www.asianresearch.org...

Pakistan already gives China most favored nation (MFN) status and is now establishing a bilateral Free Trade Area (FTA), which will bring tariffs between the two countries to zero. Over the past two years, the trade volume between the two countries has jumped to $2.5 billion a year, accounting for 20% of China's total trade with South Asia. Informal trade, a euphemism for smuggling, however, is several times the formal trade. The proposed FTA is an implicit acceptance of the unstoppable "informal" trade as a "formal" one. More importantly, Chinese investment in Pakistan has increased to $4 billion, registering a 30% increase just over the past two years since 2003. Chinese companies make up 12% (60) of the foreign firms (500) operating in Pakistan, which employ over 3,000 Chinese nationals.

...and the geostrategic port of Gwadar

en.wikipedia.org...

The significance of Gwadar is great to both Pakistan and China. Pakistan will be able to have a strategic depth southwest from its naval base in Karachi that has long been vulnerable to blockade by the Indian Navy. China is going to be the beneficiary of Gwadar's most accessible international trade routes to the Central Asian republics and Xinjiang. By extending its East-West Railway from the Chinese border city of Kashi to Peshawar in Pakistan's northwest, Beijing can receive cargo to and from Gwadar along the shortest route, from Karachi to Peshawar. The rail network could also be used to supply oil from the Persian Gulf to Xinjiang. Pakistan's internal rail network can also provide China with rail access to Iran...

Anybody see any motive for the destabilization and subsequent 'restoration to order' of our 'ally', Pakistan, that would require U.S. intervention?, I do.

Obviously, only my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

Reality, in everyday usage, means "the state of things as they actually exist" wiki, first line.

My "reality" is what can be felt,touched,observed,catalogued etc. My reality can be shown to others and substantiated. It can be proved without a shadow of a doubt. You might ask why someone who would make a statement like this is on a site such as ats. The answer is simple, most of what is on here is not real, they are theories, and once proven will become part of my reality as fact and not abstract.

The real issue is that we all have what some would call our own reality, each person is the hero in their own saga. The global reality is that this mentality, can be and usually is selfish. People are so afraid to distort their reality that they will fight to the death to protect it. For many people, god is a reality and if that was removed their personal reality would be personal chaos. Must better that the world be destroyed with group and secular shared reality than for each individual to self realise. And if you truly believe then thats fine, but dont be selfish in believing that your right or anyone else is wrong.

To your point. Religion can be a good thing, I have seen a lot of people do a lot of good in the name of religion-but that shouldnt be the driving force. Humans have the capacity for extreme hate and extreme compassion, and we should relise that we are the miracle , we are the gods and its up to us to shape our destiny. Religion is a great tool for good, but as we are all seeing now and have seen in the past, its an even better tool for evil. Its a great tool to control and confuse people, and its a tool better left behind as we evolve our minds

*I should also add that I realise all truths are assumptions and facts are just the best educated guess of the time. what is the quote "the only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" socrates..smart man

SORRY-WAYYYY OFF TOPIC...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Subversive_Populous]

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Subversive_Populous]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join