It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: What kind of reality would we like to live in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hello, everyone.

I would like to propose a question, if I may:

What kind of world would we LIKE to live in?

I for one, do not care about aliens, or spaceships, space brothers, prophecies, religion, or donuts. Whether we collectively "Ascend" and wake up all at once, or whether Jesus, Buddha or the flying sphagetti monster come to visit and teach us enlightenment...I don't really care. It's all aesthetics. If we want to go to Boston, it doesn't particularly matter whether we take a train or a bus.

So let's try to figure out where we want to go, ok?

First let's establish the ground rules: There are no rules.

Wherever we want to be, that really is ok. Anywhere. If we want to live in a world where everybody has jobs and enough food to eat, and there's no poverty. That's fine. If we want to live in a world where aliens hunt us like dogs and eat us left and right, that's ok too. If we want to live in a Star-Trek style universe in which we explore the galaxy in giant spaceships, no problem.

Let us not pass judgement on our collective desires right now. Let's just figure out what they are.

Personally, I want to live in a reality with no limitations other than those I choose for myself at any given moment.

Being unable to see through solid objects is a totally arbitrary limitation. Being unable to instantly alter form is an arbitrary limitation. Being unable to perceive what's going on in neighboring galaxies right now is an arbitrary limitation. Being unable to see what was going on, and what will be going on in neighboring galaxies plus or minus ten thousands years is an arbitrary limitation.

Even the notion that there ARE neighboring galaxies is a completely arbitrary limitation.

What if I don't want there to be neighboring galaxies? I'm conceiving of a 'reality' in which it's completely reasonable for me to decide that there are no neighboring galaxies, and therefore there aren't. Do I 'destroy' them with this conception? No! Not at all. They simply don't exist in my pereption. There is nothing to 'destroy.' And...anyone else who happens to exist within their own perceptions is similarly able to choose what they do and do not perceive. To choose what is and is not 'reality.' No interference with free will is necessary for this conception to exist.

Consider this: Do you enjoy scary movies? Do you enjoy Shakespearian tragedy? Maybe you do, maybe you don't. But it's certain that some people most definitely do. Is it 'wrong' for people to enjoy such things? I would say no.

So...let us then ask...is it 'wrong' for "God" to appreciate the observation of 'scary' and 'tragedy' on a cosmic scale? I would also say no. Consider the perspective that 'bunny rabbits are cute.' Is that a 'proper' and 'holy' perception? Is it 'good?' Consider a different perception: 'bunnies are uncaring, indifferent biological machines that kill and consume living vegetables in order to survive.' Is this perception not also, 'valid?' And here's another perception: 'bunny rabbits taste good.' Simply as a matter of possible perspectives...aren't all three of these perspectives possible? Are humans 'evil' because they kill and eat cows?' Well, from the perspective of a cow, that may well be a reasonable perspective. I won't discount it.

But from the perspective of 'God' enjoying reality as we might enjoy a good stage play, does not the entire spectrum of happy, sad, comedy and tragedy all have a valid place in perception? If I, as a human, can enjoy both a funny movie as well as a scary one, isn't it reasonable to suggest that 'God' may similarly be capable of 'enjoying' both the possibility of collective human ascent as well as the complete and utter genocide of our species?

Let us not limit our potential based on preconceived notions of 'good' and 'bad.' Let's ask ourselves want we really want.

I for one, do not want the genocide of our species.

But...I ALSO DO NOT WANT the 'utopia' conceived of by some, where everybody has a job and nobody starves. I perceive that as an entirely limited conception, and I want no part in it. Why should we all have jobs? I don't want one. I don't want to be limited by something so trivial. I don't want to be limited by my eyes, or my body, or this world, or the space containing it. These things are all completely arbitrary. We've been there. We've done that.

I want to exist without limitation. I want to be able to experience what it is like to fly through the skies in this body...and in the next moment disintegrate the body and perceive all of the world simultaneously from the perspective every every atom collectively. I want to play with human history, and create new timelines in which I test to see how things might have turned out if Hitler had been a better painter, or if whales had become the dominant lifeform. I want to be the spirit to which college students speak through a Ouija board. I want to visit Venus and offer the Venusians awareness of the concept of kisses and nuzzles from playful, happy ferrets. I want to create entire universes with rules of my own choosing, and invite other consciousnesses to live and play in them. I want to be the author, and I want to step in and out of the story as I choose.

This is the 'world' I wish to live in. The 'perspective.' The 'consciousness.'

I'm tired of all these silly rules and arbitrary limits that we've been putting up with all this time here on earth. They're stupid.

Let's get rid of them.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I want my old world back. The world I excelled at for 30 yrs making good money, buying my own house and realising a life long dream of owning a Lexus gs400.

All of that is a moot point now. I just want my health back. You cannot imagine how things are put in perspective for you when you are faced with serious health issues.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I want my old world back. The world I excelled at for 30 yrs making good
money, buying my own house and realising a life long dream of owning a Lexus gs400.

That sounds like a perfectly good, valid and proper world to me.

All of that is a moot point now. I just want my health back.

But it's not moot. If you really want these things, then you should have them. You may have limitations of health, and the world may have limitations of money, war and politics...but there's no reason for us to get used to dismissing our heartfelt desires because of other limitations.

Do you see what happens in your mind if you think 'I want a Lexus' and then immediately think 'but I'm not healthy, so I'll ignore my desire for a Lexus, and only want my health.'

This is exactly the sort of thing I'm trying to overcome. "Limitation."

You cannot imagine how things are put in perspective for you when you are faced with serious health issues.

Maybe not. But more to the point, I have no desire to face it. It sounds unpleasant. Personally, I'm very accustomed to having a happy, healhty body that does want I want. If you ask me, living in a world where you don't even have that seems completely ridiculous and unreasonable. Unless for some reason you really wanted that, and from the sound of it, you don't.

I genuinely hope that you get what you want. Both the health, as well as the money, the house and the Lexus.

join