Ringo Starr to fans: Leave me alone

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ringo Starr to fans: Leave me alone


LONDON (AP) -- Ringo Starr doesn't want to hear from you. If you do write, your letter will end up in the trash. That's the message from Richard Starkey, aka Ringo Starr. After 45 years of stardom, he doesn't want to spend any more time answering mail or sending signed photos back to fans. The fan fatigue led the former Beatles drummer to post a sometimes angry sounding short video clip on his Web site telling fans that any mail sent to him after Oct. 20 will not be read or answered. British television stations broadcast the video today.


Link
www.syracuse.com... fans_leave_me_a.html




posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Personally, I think he could have done this just a little differently, but his request should be granted.

He has been a "star" for 46 years and constant mail and the like just got to him.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this subject.

Just a note....
This is my first thread that I have started so please....go easy on me!




posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
He has been a part of our lives for so long and deserves a break if thats what wants then "With a little help from his friends he L get by! Peace and thanks for everything Ringo RP



posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I don't get it. Are his fans holding him hostage with letters? Why does he presume he has to tell his fans that he will not reply back? Are they bombarding him with mail that says something like "Ohhh Ringo, why haven't you written back to me?", and he just cannot stand it anymore?

The more I think about this, the more it disturbs me. Why doesn't he just not say a word and ignore his fans? Is mail that intrusive into his personal life?



posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I don't get it. Are his fans holding him hostage with letters? Why does he presume he has to tell his fans that he will not reply back? Are they bombarding him with mail that says something like "Ohhh Ringo, why haven't you written back to me?", and he just cannot stand it anymore?

The more I think about this, the more it disturbs me. Why doesn't he just not say a word and ignore his fans? Is mail that intrusive into his personal life?



Well, I don't think that it is as serious as fans holding him hostage, but I'm sure that he gets thousands a day. Now, take those thousands and multiply that by 45 years....
As I stated, I think he could have done things quite differently and just ignored them without saying anything but I give him a certain amount of credit where he had to just say...Enough is enough.

...and as a side note..... He has made so much money that I really don't think he cares any more what people think of him. Which in my opinion, is sad since he is an icon of sorts.



posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
People actually write Ringo Star?

Really? Hmm never would have thought it.



posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
People actually write Ringo Star?

Really? Hmm never would have thought it.


Yeah...well...

I personally am not into his music as an "independent" like I am the other 3, but I can see why people would still write him since his was..is.. a Beatle and request a signed photo. He is part of music history.

If Paul McCartney made this statement, I think it would be more news than Ringo saying it.

I still say that if he wants to be left alone, people should just do so.



posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Can't say I blame him, he's given us all some great music, we can respond by granting him som peace and privacy.



posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
maybe no one is writing him and he's trying to use reverse psychology on people


really though, he's had a good run and i'm sure he's just wanting to kick back and have some peace and quiet without the worries of fan mail, etc



posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Can't say I blame him, he's given us all some great music, we can respond by granting him some peace and privacy.


I agree!

As I stated above, I am not too much into his music and I do think that most of his fame is because he is / was a Beatle.

I'm not saying he is terrible, but just not my kind of stuff.



posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barathrum
maybe no one is writing him and he's trying to use reverse psychology on people


really though, he's had a good run and i'm sure he's just wanting to kick back and have some peace and quiet without the worries of fan mail, etc




Wouldn't that be something if that were the case! I think not though only because he really does have a cult following.

Only Ringo knows for sure!



posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'd really love to see the video...can't seem to find it at the moment.

Either way I agree, if he wants to be left alone let him be. Although I also agree that he could have gone about it in a different way.


And what's with the repeat "Peace and Love Peace and Love" it just sounds rather funny, as if he's just saying lines that he doesn't believe in.



  exclusive video


top topics
 
0

log in

join