It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women break up with nice guys?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hey OP here's my advice and insight...

Guys start off wanting to be romantic and looking for love. They want to be good guys and give their girl the world and make their girl happy.

Problem is they get too mushy, come on too strong, take things too seriously. The girl gets weirded out, feels like she isn't ready for that kind of commitment and dumps you

Eventually this will happen to you so much that the romantic part of you withers away. You become the man the women want. You care about yourself first and foremost, and that is what attracts them and keeps them. You become successful in your own right. They like that.

You will give off a certain amount of indifference so that the woman doesn't know how you truly feel. The mystery intrigues them. Eventually you will get to know the woman well enough, without scaring her off and weirding her out with your "early love" and overbearing desire to "love and be loved", that you will truly fall in love with her, and she with you.

That's my take on it, at least. I'm sure some guys who've been around the block can vouch for this post.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Is this OPer a "nice guy"?

I don't know the OP, and neither Do you.

Would your definintion of a nice guy act in this manner?

OP
What gives? I get all dressed up, put on a smiley face and be at my best behavior, but for what? To get dumped again?

Why can't women settle for what they have! Always looking for something better. I was nice to every last woman I ever dated and still they dump me.

What the hell was that for? Am I supposed to be rude and stare at her chest?

A Frustrated Nice Guy... Definitely.

Or would he be HIMSELF on a date?

IT appears that he WAS being Himself on the Date.....

He is VENTING Here... and thus, Does not APPEAR "Nice"

Even the Pathologically NICE can be Angry every now and then, without upsetting their Levels of "Nice Guyness"

Would he know that there is no BETTER when looking at his mate?

What do you mean?

Before you can claim my stance is an opinion, you need to point out a real nice guy.

Unless you can prove that you are Right *FIRST* it is merely an Opinion.

-Edrick (Prove that Invisible Pink Unicorns are Not real.)
edit on 8-10-2010 by Edrick because: addition, error correction

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You can not change the context of the question in order for it to fit your agenda.

Here, let me ask it again, I will include all of the other points that go with the question. (I already stated this once.)

Originally posted by adigregorio

What gives? I get all dressed up, put on a smiley face and be at my best behavior, but for what? To get dumped again?

Why can't women settle for what they have! Always looking for something better. I was nice to every last woman I ever dated and still they dump me.

Now, I KNOW for a fact that this OPer has self issues. Just from this post! Why?

Always looking for something better.

This is a good one, for starters. I don't know about others, but I don't feel my gal could get someone better. (I am pretty sure she feels the same way.) You know why? I don't date "worse".

That is what this guy is saying. That the girl he picked wanted to date the "lesser", which brings us to the next point regarding self issues.

Why does he want to date girls that don't like people like him? If he is a nice guy, then the girl must have mental problems too. Who wants to date bad people, if you get joy from bad then bad isn't bad it's good.

POINT 2

Now for number 2 "2) Lies (Since arrogance is not "nice"...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The reason a woman would break up or not go out with a so-called nice guy is because he's not her type. I don't think it gets any more complicated than that. Maybe these so-called nice guys need to learn to be more efficient with their choices in women and learn to take responsibility for their own short comings when their relationships fail. Both parties are at fault to a certain degree but the so-called nice guy would have you believe it's all the woman's fault.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by namineMaybe these so-called nice guys need to learn to be more efficient with their choices in women and learn to take responsibility for their own short comings when their relationships fail.

Perfect response to the title of the thread!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You can not change the context of the question in order for it to fit your agenda.

Dude, What is wrong with you?

Here, let me ask it again

Here, Let me ANSWER it Again.

He even admits that his behavior is not "best" in this sentence. Elrick, in all of your stance you say "Nice traits should not be discarded" (paraphrased). So I ask:

It's Edrick... not Elrick.

Do not pretend that you are messing that up accidentally.

Are you claiming that he is NOT?

ACT IN WHAT MANNER?

I was not aware that you were WITNESS to OP's Date.

I was not Aware that you knew OP on a personal Basis.

I was not Aware that you were able to discern specific intentions, and mental states from such a small amount of written material.

You are trying to claim that OP, despite what he says, is a Manipulative Jerk.

YOU are the manipulator here.... Pretending that Anyone that has trouble Getting Laid is some sort of Pathetic Predatory Deviant.

I WAS going to just Bury this little Argument... But I can see what your Goal here is.... Ignorance.

So, am I to understand that your idea of a nice guy acts this way?

Acts *WHAT* way?

If so, then I am afraid you don't have a very good concept of what "nice" means.

You are being Ignorant on Purpose.

Yes, there is such a thing as nice.

Yes, guys can be nice.

No, there is no such thing as a "nice guy" as hinted about in this thread.

It is quite clear to me what you are doing....

Argue semantics all you want, the "nice guy" does not exist. (Remember what I mean by "nice guy", don't want to go down that road again!)

*YES*

This Road, I will be taking.

You are making up definitions in a vain attempt to justify your HATE of people who you do not Respect, since your idea of respect is based upon having your Penis inside of a Female's Vagina.

ARE WE PRETENDING THAT FEMALES IN THE WESTERN WORLD ARE PERFECT JUDGES OF CHARACTER?

-Edrick
edit on 10-10-2010 by Edrick because: addition, subtraction

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Dude, What is wrong with you?

Well, in this instance, you keep taking my question and omitting the important variables NEEDED to answer it properly!

Here, Let me ANSWER it Again.

He even admits that his behavior is not "best" in this sentence. Elrick, in all of your stance you say "Nice traits should not be discarded" (paraphrased). So I ask:

It's Edrick... not Elrick.

Do not pretend that you are messing that up accidentally.

Are you claiming that he is NOT?

YES I am saying a guy that lies to his date, and has self issues is NOT a nice guy. Please, explain how a liar is nice!

And okay, I will lie and say I am messing up your name on purpose

ACT IN WHAT MANNER?
I was not aware that you were WITNESS to OP's Date.

I am! Because I read the OPost! I even quoted it and pointed out where the problems were. Which, I notice, you conviently skipped

Oh and then you ask "Act in what manner?" As if I didn't already post the manner TWICE.

I was not Aware that you were able to discern specific intentions, and mental states from such a small amount of written material.

LOL did you read my last post? Where I pointed out EXACTLY why I thought what I thought, were I point at the EVIDENCE of my claims, instead of just claiming (like you.).

So, why not show us like I did? Show us how I am WRONG about my examinations. (You will say something like "I don't have to, because you (adigregorio) are wrong!")

You are trying to claim that OP, despite what he says, is a Manipulative Jerk.

HE SAID HE WAS ON "His best behavior"

Do you know what that means?

HE WAS LYING, HE WAS PUTTING ON AN ACT!

(Thought I should capitalize it this time, you seem to have trouble with comprehension maybe this will help.)

YOU are the manipulator here.... Pretending that Anyone that has trouble Getting Laid is some sort of Pathetic Predatory Deviant.

Now who is a liar! You!

Please point out where I said that...oh wait you CAN'T because I am not doing that! Ha!

I WAS going to just Bury this little Argument... But I can see what your Goal here is.... Ignorance.

Yeah, cause I am right and you are wrong. But you figured you would try "one last time" (I hope) to muddy the discussion with your "tactics".

Anyway, I sit here waiting for the next mis-representation of my argument.

Also, I am still waiting for you to show me a nice guy, and answer a few questions. Also, I am working on a large post detailing EVERY person in here that claimed to be nice and then acted differently.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I just thought about this:

So, a "nice guy" is out to get laid?

Thank you for proving my points so well eDrick

Nice guy, all you want is to get laid.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well, in this instance, you keep taking my question and omitting the important variables NEEDED to answer it properly!

That is an incorrect statement... allow me to clarify:

YES I am saying a guy that lies to his date, and has self issues is NOT a nice guy. Please, explain how a liar is nice!

Please Explain how you are aware of the Intimate details of OP's psychology.

Be Specific.

And okay, I will lie and say I am messing up your name on purpose

Well, So long as you are being Honest.

I am! Because I read the OPost! I even quoted it and pointed out where the problems were. Which, I notice, you conviently skipped

Why should we Believe your appraisal of OP's Personality?

Oh and then you ask "Act in what manner?" As if I didn't already post the manner TWICE.

No, all you are doing is using Misdirection.

LOL did you read my last post? Where I pointed out EXACTLY why I thought what I thought, were I point at the EVIDENCE of my claims, instead of just claiming (like you.).

Again.... Why should we believe your appraisal?

Why should we immediately Assume that OP was being manipulative, just because YOU say so?

So, why not show us like I did? Show us how I am WRONG about my examinations.

You have to Prove that you are Right First.

You claim to know OP's core motivations....

You assert your "Belief", as an attack on his Character.

So let me make this Abundantly Clear.

You are Insulting The OP of this Thread... by Presuming to Know how things Went on his Date, How He behaved at the Time, what his thoughts were, how he interacted, etcetera....

You are basing your entire Argument off of your *PRESUPPOSITION* that OP is as manipulative as YOU.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So, a "nice guy" is out to get laid?

Are you saying that Having Sex is an Act of Deviancy?

Are you saying that TO WANT SEX, is an automatic Admission of Manipulative Behavior?

-Edrick
edit on 10-10-2010 by Edrick because: addition

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That is an incorrect statement... allow me to clarify:

Please Explain how you are aware of the Intimate details of OP's psychology.

Be Specific.

Alright, I will post it AGAIN since you can't scroll up. (Or you can, but you feel the argument slipping at it is time for this dance (again))

Originally posted by adigregorio

Now, I KNOW for a fact that this OPer has self issues. Just from this post! Why?

Always looking for something better.

This is a good one, for starters. I don't know about others, but I don't feel my gal could get someone better. (I am pretty sure she feels the same way.) You know why? I don't date "worse".

That is what this guy is saying. That the girl he picked wanted to date the "lesser", which brings us to the next point regarding self issues.

Why does he want to date girls that don't like people like him? If he is a nice guy, then the girl must have mental problems too. Who wants to date bad people, if you get joy from bad then bad isn't bad it's good.

POINT 2

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That was an interesting admission of your own core motivations, in what way do you believe that OP is like you?

And why should I believe you?

No, that is not what he is saying, that is what *YOU* are saying that he is Saying.

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOU?

And this is all Baseless Hyperbole.

POINT 2

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That was an interesting admission of your own core motivations, in what way do you believe that OP is like you?

And why should I believe you?

Seriously? You are going to do this aren't you?

Whatever.

No, that is not what he is saying, that is what *YOU* are saying that he is Saying.

Nope, you are wrong. I have pointed it out several times.

You already do, that is the best part. Of course you will never ever admit it.

And this is all Baseless Hyperbole.

Wrong

POINT 2

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Seriously? You are going to do this aren't you?

Whatever.

Whatever indeed.

Nope, you are wrong. I have pointed it out several times.

You keep CLAIMING to....

But you are still calling OP a liar, and you have no proof other than your own ASSERTIONS.

You already do, that is the best part. Of course you will never ever admit it.

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE THAT OP IS A LIAR?

Wrong

Wrong.

Not at all, I presume he was lying to his date.

They Ya Go.

He means putting on a charade, lying, etc.

Do you act in the same manner around your mother, as you do your Girlfriend? or your Drinking Buddies?

Or a Court of Law?

Of course not Keep it up, you are doing great!

Thanks

He (the OP) did explain.

Source PLOX, kthxbye

Of course not, because this version of the question you can not fake answer (or misdirect :lol

You are still calling OP a liar.

I am calling *YOU* a Liar.

And you came in to punish me for your assumptions.

You just admitted that you were *PRESUMING*

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Do you act in the same manner around your mother, as you do your Girlfriend? or your Drinking Buddies?

Or a Court of Law?

Yes I do, I do not lie in this manner.

Anyway, I am back to not responding to you. I thought you wanted to debate, but we are back at the begining.

Twist my posts all you want, from now on. The readers will understand my points (thanks for the U2Us), and in accordance with the advice I have recived:

"Later"

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I took a trip down memory lane!

I want to offer the readers more evidence to my claims (IE "nice guys" are not nice), just in case.

forums.plentyoffish.com...

Run a search there for (nice guy)

Now, for a kicker, on that site it is against the T&C to make a "nice guy thread". You will be post banned for 3 days if you do so.

Why would they do that to "nice" people

Read through some of the threads, it doesn't take long to reach the same conclusions.

All this needs to be fixed, is self work. Work on yourself, since that is the problem in your dates. Or is there some other common denominator?
^^^^That is for the "nice guys" everywhere, no one specifically.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well some people feel like there nice...but they might not be as nice..women have a sixth sense when it comes to that....but if u really are a genuine nice guy..chances are ur a calm guy...relaxed and mellow..say the right thing..say what she wants to hear..proper..timid...and the sad truth is...most girls love excitement...they love spontaneous guys...dont show her u like her the first couple of dates...dont show her u love her the first couple of months...when u first start dating...try to sneak kisses all the time...show her u have desires...lay down ur rules...take her out to parties...spend time with her...not too much though...have one formal date...then follow it with casual stuff..call her up and tell her u need to shop for clothes..ask her to come with u to get her insite..best way to get to know each other in a stress free environment....confuse her...make her feel like u want her as a friend...at the same time ur attracted to her...thats all i have to say givin the info u posted..good luck on ur next date!!!

PS
Some girls love the sweet calm guy...there just a little harder to find cause chances are there not very outgoing...they go about their lives under the radar..

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stayjersey

*confuse her*

Ah... thank you for your VALUABLE INSIGHT.

Wouldn't want any "Nice Guy Manipulation" going on....

-Edrick
edit on 13-10-2010 by Edrick because: coding

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think a lot of problems between men and women can be blamed on our society/media. The media suggests that Men are supposed to act like juiced-up douchebags banging heads with eachother (see the tv show Jersey Shore) and girls are supposed to act like materialistic, slutty party girls.

Do girls know that 'nice' guys could be the 'bad guy' in bed? Probably not, unless they've experienced it firsthand. Otherwise they think the 'nice' guy is 'nice' all the way. Big mistake, as you can see by the collar and leash on the bed that this nice guy placed on the bed for you to wear.

Or do guys know that smart, nerdy girls could be just as 'good' in bed?

Never judge a book by its cover. Balance and compromise is everything but young people aren't educated in this.

There are countries with terrible male-female relationships, and the worst of these countries are first-world nations because of certain social engineering. We have to remember that there is an active program to depopulate the world. The best way to do this is to ruin the male-female dynamic and create divisions.

The end result is thousands of internet posts from ruined young men and women declaring chasity and a lifelong relationship with their hands.

There's something wrong with this picture, and the media/religion/corporate/government/educational system/ is to blame.

Young women and men reading this: Don't be f-ing stupid- Think for yourself.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join