It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer looking New Ghost Investigation Series

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Starts this Friday (Oct. 17th) on The Travel Channel...

It's the crew from the documentary "Ghost Adventures" which was a pretty gnarly doc. They captured a full figured apparition on camera, as well as a brick levitating and being hurled across a basement of an abandoned hotel:

For those of you that love creepy investigaions of really haunted locales, this will be a MUST-WATCH. They are going to be hitting some INSANE places---First up is Bobby Mackey's Music World, in Wilder, Kentucky, which has a long history of very high activity, and violent poltergeist events.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Interesting vids. Im totally into the paranormal even though like UFOs there are to many hoaxers out there who are really giving this stuff a bad name.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

FINALLY a show where they spend the night and not just set up cameras in bad spots and hope they get something.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was a big fan of the early episodes of Fear (Prior to it becoming something more akin to Fear Factor) that ran on MTV, which this reminds me of. So I am looking forward to it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Looks like a Entertaining alternative to ghost hunters, Can't wait to watch it. I really enjoy Ghost hunters but most of the episodes are pretty "boring" and the Drama the crew has with each other is somewhat annoying to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

FEAR rocked!! I have all the DVD's of that show. I dug on that and "Scariest Places On Earth".

This show sort of is like those, only these guys actually ARE paranormal investigators, who are deliberately picking the most frightening haunted locales, with histories of violent encounters of entities and poltergeists.

They definitely know how to keep things entertaining too, so that should add to the explosiveness of the content.

I think this is going to be a blast to watch.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It really does look good. Appealing especially as the "vibe" is excellent, really creepy. I generally watch all these types of shows, even if some are certainly bunk, but find lately that they seem rather tame, so to speak. This looks to fill the gap Fear left where I might actually be looking over my shoulder as I'm watching. Solid entertainment

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Haha, no doubt! This looks like it's going to be somewhere between a combination of Ghost hunters and FEAR. We may be sleeping with the light on after some of these episodes.

I dig this short clip of a female entity audibly speaking followed by a loud BANG that scares the crud out of Zak:

If he's acting, he certainly sounds convincing. lol!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I just looked on the Travel channel, and this does not appear to be on at 10 or any time. Am I looking at the right channel? Because I looked forward to watching this.

Take a look for yourself, I checked on Travel channel and Travel channel 2.

What number is the channel on Sky?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I couldn't find it either ... will it be showing in the UK or is it just the US at the moment ?
I was really looking forward to watching this.

Woody

[edit on 17-10-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
After going through 6 different redirects, it seems it is only available on the US Travel channel right now, although I'm pretty sure it will be available as a torrent file soon after.
Here

The Travel channel listings, it lists the show as showing at 20.00 ET.

This show looks like a welcome change to Ghost Hunters, which IMO has become a little too dramatic, and I'm referring to the cast members problems.

Ghost Hunters IMO, don't spend nearly enough time on their investigations, I know they have jobs and the like, but you can't really do a job like that part time, again IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm in the US and have it coming on tonight. I'm not sure if it will be shown outside the US tonight. Sorry folks.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yep, looks to be debuting in U.S. only at this time guys. I'm sure the Travel Channel will show it overseas after a while. Kind of like Most Haunted debuted only in the UK at the beginning, but is pretty popular in the states now.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ah....what's the name of the show, or am I blind. I can't view the vid clips at work.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by librasleep

Ghost Adventures is the name of the series.

There's a ton of stuff on youtube from their investigations, if you get a chance after work check it out.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Don't forget to tune in tonight folks!

Bobby Mackey's Music World should be pretty crazy!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm downloading the documentary. I'll have to wait until the episodes go up as torrents. Looks interesting.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is not a new series. They had old episodes (2006) back to back with the new one tonight. I accidentally taped the old one. Good thing they repeat it at 2 am. I got that one taped for sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

The 8 o'clock showing is the old one. The 10 o'clock showing is the start of the new episode(Bobby Mackey's Music World). Then each friday there will be another new one for the next several weeks.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This isn't new. It has been on tv several times over the last couple years
homie

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join