It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain and ACORN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Say what you want about Rachel Maddow and yes, we know, she is obviously supporting the democratic ticket. Ignore her political slant and, in my opinion, her stretch for a racism connection, and watch the video.

McCain and ACORN

Palin and Pastor Muthea (sp?) ignored while she and McCain try and bring up Obama's connections to Ayers. Muthea has a terrorist past as well...but let us all just ignore that and scream Ayers, Ayers, Ayers!

McCain and ACORN is funnier though...because it deals with the same exact orginization and not just a similar circumstance.

And before this thread gets derailed: No, I am not an Obama supporter nor a McCain supporter.

I am just an American who is sick and tired of the non-issue bull#. If you are going to throw accusation then do us the favor of not being guilty of...the same thing you accuse.

McCain...Either be more exact in your critique of Obama and ACORN, or don't bring it up at all. If 'association' is the issue...then how about you don't pretend we are all blind and can not see the maddening irony of this all.

Obama - 13 years ago. McCain - 2 years ago. Let's end this asinine scrambling and focus on real issues...but we already know neither candidate wants to do that.

In short: If you are going to play the game that way, pick your battles a little better and don't make yourself look like a jackass...Mr. Keynote Speaker.

::aim at foot; fire!::

edit: If in wrong section, mods, please move. Thanks.

[edit on 10/14/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It seems McCain does this a lot. I think he thinks voters are stupid. He rails against "lobbyists" and hires 7 of them for his campaign. He lambastes Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, yet his campaign manager was a lobbyist for them. And now he's going after the Obama - ACORN connection when he has his own ties to them.

It's pretty funny.

I love Rachel. Watch her every night.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I honestly don't know which would be worse: Another president with enough contempt for the people that blatant lies and wool pulling is the norm, or a president who honestly doesn't realize what the hell he is saying/remember being a keynote speaker not even two years ago.

But, like in my post and others like it, I am mostly sick of making complete non-issues the focus of the media; while somehow ignoring ones own involvment in the very same things.

It's a strategy and it's incredibly insulting.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hmm, all those who were so happy to jump down one candidates throat about this issue are pretty absent when theirs is caught in...well...

...not a lie so much as a dishonest and seemingly desperate attempt to bring the discussion away from any issue that may actually matter.

This place makes me laugh sometimes.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am adding to my own thread, again, because McCain brought up ACORN last night in the debate...and once again painted ACORN as the destruction to the fabric of democracy.

I was surprised to hear him bring it up...considering his obvious relationship to the very same ACORN which he insists Obama is so closely tied with.

I will say it again, because it bears repeating: To continue to bring up an association which you yourself share is dishonest politically and insulting personally. Honestly Mr. Keynote Speaker, do you take us all to be stupid?

Well, maybe you don't think we are stupid, but are counting on our embraced ignorance...

...which, once again, makes me take a big ol'
at the fact that nobody who was so eager to trash Obama is here to discuss McCain.

People seemed to love to get all fired up and yell, ignorantly, about the issue when it suited their worldview. The silence is comically deafning when the issue takes a 180 against their grain.

top topics

join