It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Realist Manifesto, a study in Centrism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Something I wrote for a uni assignment, thought you guys might like to comment.

The Realist Manifesto, a study in Centrism

Without doubt, we live in a world that is getting increasingly worse, as well as less able to sustain us. Corporatism has become as much of a threat to the planet, and therefore humanity as has religious fundamental extremism. Extremism should rightly be labeled the new terror, extremism in all it's forms, including that of state sponsored, corporatist extremism. As the idea's of the 20th century give way to those of the 21st, a new doctrine, based on logic and science is required to replace the old ways of religious fundamentalism and capatalistic globalism, the inevitable clashing of which will more than likely destroy our world.

"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

For too long, humanity has elected the wrong leaders, instead of electing men of science, logic and reason, indowed with a strong sense of moral purpose to better the human race, we have elected moral sell outs, most of whom have been dangled into power on their puppet like strings of corruption, propped up by the corrupt, bloated hands of their corporate masters. It is high time that humanity recognised that government is merely a tool of the financial elite, captains of industry, and the international banking cartels which represent the biggest criminal conspiracy in the history of our world. It is by no mere coincidence that throughout the past 300 years, 2% of the Earth's population have accumulated 40% of the worlds wealth. The richest 10% of Earth's population now own 85% of the worlds wealth. Interestingly, if you take 50% of the worlds adult population as a whole, they only represent 1% of the wealth of planet Earth. (Figures according to the World Institute for Development Economics Research of the United Nations University.)

If money begets power, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, is it not a fair statement then that the corrupt financial elite of this world could be compared to a parasitic organism feeding off the host population? And of what benefit is this to the majority of the population? The answer of course, is no benefit at all. Corporatism is nothing more than the international financial elites attempt to create a modern version of feudalism by merging the "corporate" interests with those of the state, and there is another term for this.

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

"The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism—ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Does this sound familiar?

Along with the doctrine of capatalist gain at the expense of anything standing in the way we have seen the ecological destruction of our planet. Not only has corporatism created the new world of financial extremes, with a steadily eroding middle class, the seperation of those in poverty and those in extreme wealth grows at a compounding rate. As if this wasn't bad enough, with the expansion of the global capitalist order, we see the destruction of the very environment in which we exist. What does this say about our intelligence as a species if we destroy the very place that we exist?

With this in mind, we announce the Realist Manifesto. Realism is based in centrism. We do not advocate extremes of any political or religious doctrine. As Dwight Eisenhower stated "The middle of the road is all of the usable surface. The extremes, right and left, are in the gutters."

And with this we agree.

Realism and Centrism represent -

1) The notion that logic and reason are superior to political fearmongering or delusion based religious extremism in every case. Therefore, only people of sound countenance and strong moral compass should be elected to public office, fundamental extremism of any vein is no longer acceptable, as this will only ever lead to exploitation.

2) The idea that all men and women of every nation are entitled to the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Therefore, the time of the benefit of the few over the many has come to an end, and we must throw off our chains of debt slavery, and begin the systematic dismantling of the international federal banking criminal regime, as well as that of the military industrial complex.

3) The planet we live on is the only home we have and for too long industrialism has pillaged it's natural resources. Therefore, as well as dismantling the globalist corporate regime, we must target the root problems of materialism and greed. We declare that materialism is not a social virtue, in fact, materialism should be despised as a moral illness.

4) An ecologically sustainable future is our only hope to survive the next century in any manner that could be considered successful whatsoever. Therefore, all current research into development of the technology of war shall instead be converted to researching ecologically friendly and long term sustainable technology. This shall be mandatory, and all political officials connected in any way, shape, or form to the finance, oil and war industries shall be exposed as the traitors to the human race that they are.

5) A free, fair and balanced media no longer exists, and without a fair and balanced media, the population of the planet is too susceptible to undue influence that is to the benefit of the few over the many. Therefore, corporate media will be dismantled, and freedom of speech and freedom of the press shall be reinstated, as well as the populace being educated to the ways of media and corporate bias in order that freedom of thought shall also be restored. No longer shall we tolerate media hegemony the likes of which coporations such as Newscorp represent.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
6) Freedom of thought is an inalienable right, this includes the freedom to not have to tolerate any kind of religious influence if this is so desired. Fundamentalist religious brainwashing is therefore outlawed. Religious minded people will be free to go about their business, but any forays into the public arena or exertation of untoward influence over the political and social arenas will be exposed as such and appropriate measures will be taken.

7) The answer to extremist religious terrorism is not the exploitation of their culture and natural resources down the barrel of a gun. Therefore, it is hoped that point no. 2 will help to solve this problem. If every person is cared for, and free to go about their lives without forced poverty or corporate debt slavery, it is our belief that religious terroristic extremism will run it's course and die out. This is based on the notion that this form of terrorism is actually a backlash against foreign exploitation, and without this, reason will prevail, and peace shall reign.

8) Education is an unalienable right. With focus on bettering humanity as a whole, education and self education will transform our planet from the timebomb it has become into a new era of global prosperity for every man, woman, child and living being. With education comes intelligence, with intelligence comes logic and reason, and it is to these principles that we hereby dedicate ourselves. The illuminating fire of reason will eventually win out over the backwards notions of fundamentalism and exploitation. Without this coming to pass, humanity is doomed to repeat the failures of our dark history. Fiat Lux!

One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?"
"No", answered Buddha.
"Then are you a healer?"
"No", Buddha replied.
"Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted.
"No, I am not a teacher."
"Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated.
"I am awake", Buddha replied.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Excellent, flagged and starred, you have made some excellent points, or rather made observations of and shed light on prior truths. We need more good people, and how do we do that? We become better people ourselves and try to educate the young. Not by any governmental organization but the parents themselves and the families of the said children must educate them.

Christianity is so far the only religion that teaches goodness in every area, some would say look at the Crusades or any number of examples. Those examples show exactly how corruptible and influential any single person or elite group of people can be.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Guys... one reply?

Thank you to PinealGlandThoth for the reply, but I had hoped I would have got a better response than this.

Maybe I should make a thread and change my writing style to something like -

"Hey ATS I don care if u bleive me or not, but I am the 5th reincarnaton of Aleester Corley and I am also an alein reltipian frm zeta retaculs."

At least then I'd probably get some more replies. Oh well, I guess everyone was busy thinking about Blossom Hippychild and her schizophrenic induced rantings.

Unfortunately, due to recent ATS restructuring I can no longer even see how many times my thread has been viewed.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DrBones666

And you have been a member how long? Surely you know that only the most outlandish claims, and sensless one-lined topics get all the discussion, mainly because they are full of holes and left up to extreme interpretation. Not to mention you actually took the time to write out something that takes more than 1 minute to read, and would require a thoughtful response...something I find some members here lack. Not to mention that I just woke up and needed coffee...might give a few others the same benefit before they cognitively reply so as to not sound like Sleepy-paranoid skitso'z

At any rate, my opinions...

Just looking at the overall picture, this is a basic plea that $*@t is bad and something needs to be done. It has been brought up a couple of time's here, just not as well thought out. But your problem is not the fact of an agreement about what needs to be done specifically, but motevating people to be fearful enough to turn off American Idol, hop off thier fat keisters, and group to make change happen...I cannot go into any further discussion about this in a public forum.

However, I like the points you touch upon, but feel (personally) that they could be more specific and/or extendedly discussed. Also while a resource-based economy is probably out of the question, a reference to including that in whatever change that needs to be made could be helpful...such as discussing more indepth of people abilities to help each other out (to be simple about it). But this also requires that more thought into what can exactly be done be discussed as well...but like you said, only one reply so this may not be an important issue to some, and others are scouring the Rescent Posts link.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sorry for my shallow reply.

Give this post time, given the depth of you post you would only want the smartest at ATS to find it anyway. I recommend this post for you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We are engaging in some good discussion.
[edit on 16-10-2008 by PinealGlandThoth]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
Sorry for my shallow reply.

Give this post time, given the depth of you post you would only want the smartest at ATS to find it anyway. I recommend this post for you

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We are engaging in some good discussion.

No!! Please don't think that. I never ever EVER meant to imply your reply was shallow.

I meant I expected a better response in volume, ie, more people posting responses.

I'm very sorry if my poor phrasing has offended you.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
drbones666 I really agree with your manifesto ,and I LOVE your Buddah quote! specifically I would like to comment on the idea that we should have teachers in charge of teaching Doctors in charge of healthcare, Engineeres in charge of rebuilding infra structure ,nothing is scarier than than a a public official with no credentials in matters that he is in charge of legislating. I would have liked it if Howard Dean had been president he was a doctor and a legislator uumm...coulda shoulda woulda. Anyway thanks for the thread

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
hehe, didn't mean to frighten you

top topics

join