It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weirdest & saddest experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I used to buy these scratch & win cards. One time, I bought those $2,500 a week for life cards.

I took it back to my apartment. Went into my room. Scratched the silver gray coating off the card. Then to my surprise I checked the symbols and there it was, I had won. I made sure a couple more times. I really had won. I said a prayer of thanksgiving right there.

I took it to show my mom & dad. My father breathed a sigh of gratitude. I showed it to them but the symbols had changed. I did not win.

What happened there? Was I insane? Did fate/matrix play an extremely cruel joke on me?

To this day, I simply can't understand.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by reject]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

This is a case where a second person seeing that you had won would of come in handy. You could of been mistaken, and wanted to believe you had won so you saw the winning combination, even if it wasn't there.

This is an interesting case, and it could be a real mystery.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

That's really weird! I would guess you misread it somehow (but you would know better than my guess, of course).

One of those 'weird' moments I will never forget (and could very possibly have a logical explanation that escapes me- suggestions are welcome) is when I was in high school and about to walk out the door for my after school job. I was going to put on a baseball cap but accidentally bumped one of my mother's display cabinets in the dining room which knocked over a figurine. I set my hat down on the dining room table, turned around to fix the figurine, turned back around to get my hat... but it was gone. Purse, sunglasses, and keys were right there but the hat was nowhere to be found... Not on the ground or fallen into a chair. Just gone.

Really weird and I never did find it. Maybe your winning symbol is with my missing hat in another dimension.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I'd bet if there was a 2nd person there, I wouldn't even have perceived it to be a winning card. Like I said it was like a cruel prank on me.

When I was about to hand it to my mom, I immediately saw one of the symbols had changed. A symbol that wasn't even there before just jumped out at me.

Ashley, there is some weird intelligence and power at work in this world; that much is certain.

And IT doesn't seem to like me too much

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Does the symbol as it stands resemble the winning symbol a lot? If so then perhaps a case of mistaken identity. I know that I've done that when reading at times. I'll misread a word (sometimes with hilarious results) and then upon a second reading get it right. Sometimes though our dearest wishes make us see things that aren't there but we wish that they were.

top topics

join