It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marcahuasi/Markawasi (Statues)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
First of all let me give credit to my friend and fellow member vanitas who has brought up this subject, along different lines, before on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We're all familiar with the MOAI stone statues of Easter Island.
But have you heard of the Marcahuasi stone statues and carvings of Peru?
They pre-date the Inca civilization and the civilization who carved this stone forest is lost to time.

Markawasi details the true account of an ancient lost humanity of mysterious origin, whose hidden legacy carved gigantic, towering stone monuments, pointing to a message with predictions for the future.

source

Mainstream archeologists are reluctant to say that these carvings are 100% man made.

"In June of 1989, a group of us traveled to Peru and visited a 12,500foot plateau called Marcahuasi. We spent only one night there, but what we saw was so exciting that we decided to go back and make a film of it. The entire plateau seems to be populated with hundreds of figures carved out ot stone, some of them 90 feet tall. Yet this unique spot is relatively unknown to the outside world.

"What little is written about Marcahuasi indicates a certain reluctance on the part of archaeologists to say that the figures are man-made. Indeed, many of them are subtle and not always obvious to the viewer. But that is precisely what contributes to the mystery. There are so many recognizable forms there, that one is tempted to say they must be man-made, or else nature is having a great joke on us.

continued...

"There are many other faces on the plateau, as well as animals. Some of the animals depicted never existed on the continent, such as the rhino, lion, camel, and a turtle-like creature."

source

You can decide for yourselves:

The remarkable feature of the Marcahuasi case is its relative obscurity (see here). Whereas sites as Machu Picchu and Sacsayhuaman are well-known generally, Maracahuasi certainly is not. From the point of view of the general public, this is more or less understandable, since these images are less obvious than buildings. However, from the view of archaeology, the site of Marcuahuasi is at least as interesting, and probably even more, because it is highly likely that the culture that made the images predates any of the familiar South American ones.

source

Map of the area.

Daniel Ruzo discovered and dedicated a great deal of his life studying the stones and their formations. His theory:

Human life on earth has been made up of five humanities, each humanity lasts 8,608 years and is made up of four sun cycles of 2,125 years each.

We are in the fifth humanity.

Every 8,608 years the earth suffers a catastrophe.

Following the zodiac, humanities have survived catastrophes of earth, fire and water.

and

There are twenty-two energy vortexes called "cruzes" or crosses, made up of three distinct types of energy.

There are three of the first type which are found in areas of limited access on the plateau, limited to those prepared to be near such powerful energy.

The second type of cross, of which there are seven, are crosses betoken to the days of the week.

There are twelve crosses of the third type which have to do with the phases of the moon.

Each cross has a specific healing power.

The crosses which are easily visible on the plateau have an undeniable energy that can be felt without any special preparation or sensitivity.

source
(this whole article is worth a read)

I just started studying this fascinating archeological mystery and its potential implications.

I would love any knowledge on the subject from my fellow members.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow SD... some of those look old... older than any mainstream archaologist would like to admit, I bet!

SOme of them remind me of Buddhist statues, too.

I don't remember the name of it, but I remember reading about stone heads left in South America that had distinctly african features... another mystery since there had been no accepted record of contact between these two civilizations at the time the stones were estimated to have been carved.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have visited Ruzo's web site,and watched their video on the carvings.It is to say the least... fantastic! It is a beautiful yet rugged place.The video is well worth watching.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Thank you my friend.
As I said, I just started investigating this, but there are so many interesting permutations to this story. I will share as I discover.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I have visited Ruzo's web site,and watched their video on the carvings.It is to say the least... fantastic! It is a beautiful yet rugged place.The video is well worth watching.

Hey daddyroo,
I would love to see that.
Do you happen to have a link handy please?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dr. Schoch was a member of a web site I frequent,He is a very open and congenial person.He has even gone so far as to offer to take interested parties(myself included) on a second trip.You might try to contact him,his personal insight would be well worth the effort.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by daddyroo45]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not sure of these are man-made and just so old you dont recognize them anymore, or natural. Daniel Ruzo apparently borrowed his theory from Theosophy which states very similar theories on humankind.

The third image you posted looks like something we might want from different angles. Maybe you can follow up by finding pictures of these structures from different angles.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I found this slideshow:

I will post more pictures as I find them.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here is Dr.Schoch's site.
circulartimes.org...

I"m still looking for the video trip

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Thanks roo.

I also found this interesting comparison. Not my opinion but I thought I would throw it out there.

They have a whole bunch of comparisons on this site.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I found some more pictures for you guys.

This one seems to be the most popular one:

This one depicts the ceremonial square:

This last one is called The Sphinx:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here are a couple of the aforementioned animal carvings:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Most of these look like natural formations to me.

I fail to see anything that points to human carvings with the possible exception of the very first image in the OP.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Those statue heads are of the Olmec - www.google.com...

Great OP! I was completely unfamiliar with these and find researching them very interesting now that you've turned me onto this subject. Thanks, I appreciate the efforts brought forth here.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
Most of these look like natural formations to me.

I fail to see anything that points to human carvings with the possible exception of the very first image in the OP.

I agree that it is hard to tell if these "statues" are a result of natural erosion or carved by man.

My belief is that it is a combination of both. There is archeological evidence of a Pre-Inca civilization. There is a reason they picked this ceremonial spot. They probably found some familiar looking natural formations and carved their own statues around them. Of course this is just a guess. Some statues are to me obviously man made and some do seem coincidental, keeping in mind of course our tendencies to anthropomorphize our environment.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is the site by Jerry and Kathy Wills.There is a video about Marchauasi there.

www.xpeditionstv.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Thanks for that roo.
I watched it.
Very interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Schoch states the following at the website that was linked above:

I interpret the monuments of Markawasi as incredible simulacra - - that is, in this case, natural objects that in the mind’s eye take the hape of forms of other entities, such as human faces and animals. I believe they were recognized as such even in very remote ancient times. The weathering and erosion of the granodiorite of which the plateau is composed gives rise to rounded anthropomorphic and zoomorphic features that, with a little imagination and insight, can be seen as very convincing sculptural forms. Indeed, the longer one stays on the plateau, and the harder one looks, the more sculptures appear. Just possibly a little retouching on the part a human hand has enhanced some of the natural monuments, but given their heavily eroded condition, I could not be certain.

IOW, natural formations that may or may not have been slightly enhanced by humans.

I vote for not enhanced at all. Why?
Schoch again:

The Markawasi sculptures are point-of-view manifestations, not typical sculptures in the round. Most can only be seen from a particular angle, and in many cases under particular lighting conditions, be in morning, evening, a solstice sunrise, by the light of a full moon, or under other special conditions.

"...can only be seen from a particular angle" is a dead giveaway.

That doesn't mean that these weird shapes were not recognized and possibly revered by some pre-Incan peoples, though.

Schoch is a geologist, not an archaeologist, so he has no agenda (such as the mysterious "archaeological coverup" posited by so many conspiracy theorists here and eslewhere.)

Harte

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Harte]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

[i

IOW, natural formations that may or may not have been slightly enhanced by humans.

It sounds very plausible, even likely to me - although I must say I like your argumentation against it, too.

But it's the purported space/time displacements what interests me.
(I know we've mentioned it elsewhere, but I might as well bring it up here again.
)

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

join