It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red cells from Kerala back again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure how this one slipped past me but this is an article about a recent paper released by Godfrey Louis and Santhosh Kumar at the SPIE conference held in California in August this year.

Report: cells “from space” have unusual makeup

The mi­crobes give off un­sual sorts of flu­o­res­cence un­der spe­cif­ic light­ing con­di­tions, which fol­low pat­terns nev­er seen in nor­mal cells, ac­cord­ing to Lou­is and San­thosh Ku­mar of Ma­hat­ma Gan­dhi Uni­ver­s­ity in In­dia, co-authors of the re­port. The likely ex­plana­t­ion, they added, is that the par­t­i­cles con­tain mo­le­cules not found in Earthly or­gan­isms.

Lou­is and Kumar pre­vi­ously re­ported that the odd part­i­cles con­tain no DNA, al­though they rep­li­cate abun­dantly in fe­ro­cious heat by spawn­ing new “cells” from with­in them­selves. It was these off­spring whose flu­o­res­cence prop­er­ties the pair tested.

And further:

In his pre­s­enta­t­ion, Lou­is said that “red cell” spawns un­der var­i­ous light­ing con­di­tions ex­h­bited prop­er­ties vi­o­lat­ing a sci­en­tif­ic prin­ci­ple known as Kasha’s Rule, found to have few ex­cep­tions else­where. The rule has to do with flu­o­res­cence, the phe­nom­e­non in which a sub­stance emits light of one col­or up­on stimula­t­ion by light from anoth­er col­or. Kasha’s rule holds that in gen­er­al, the col­or of the ar­riv­ing light and the emit­ted light are un­re­lat­ed.

To the con­tra­ry, Lou­is found that in the red glob­ules’ “off­spring,” alone among cells on Earth, these col­ors are re­lat­ed by a dis­tinct pat­tern.

“Hence the pres­ence of new kind of bio-mo­le­cules can be in­ferred,” Lou­is wrote in the pre­sented pa­per. “Or­gan­isms repli­cat­ing at 300 de­grees [Cel­si­us] and show­ing this kind of autoflu­o­res­cence are cur­rently un­known to ex­ist on earth yet sev­er­al thou­sand kilo­grams of these cells came down through the red rain.” The orig­i­nal par­ent cells are al­so un­der flu­o­res­cence test­ing and re­sults will be re­ported lat­er, Lou­is said.

(my emphasis)

While this paper has only been released recently and not fully peer reviewed, this is HUGE. As these cells are put through more and more tests they are set apart from all known life on Earth, it becomes increasingly apparent that these researchers may be correct in their conclusions about these cells not originating on Earth.

Even Chan­dra Wick­ra­mas­inghe, di­rec­tor of the Car­diff Cen­tre for As­tro­bi­ol­o­gy at Car­diff Uni­ver­s­ity, U.K, supports their conclusions.

More information about the red rain can be found in this thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
sounds like india got rained on with the blood of a cow infected with mad cow disease! fits the description of prions!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Awesome, now all we have to do is find out how so much mad cow blood got into the skies above kerala. Maybe a meteorite hit them on the ground with such force it rained their blood?

I'm not sure if that's better or wrose than the flock of bats being hit by a metoerite.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
how do airplanes spread chemtrails?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If those people describe it as "microbes" - funny thing without DNA, supposedly, it is definitely not prions. Prions are proteins, much much much smaller then even smallest microbe. To confuse between prion and microbe is like between brick and skyscraper.
As for this thing - i heard that there was DNA and it is algae. Might be wrong, since size is usually also different - though not as drastic as with prions comparison. However algae multiplying at 300 Celsius should be also very unusual.
Interesting topic, just to add few grains of salt - search on those names (of researches) in pubmed gave me zero results for Godfrey Louis and 3 pages of different Kumars, with no Santhos from Mahatma Gandi University on first page. You can check others two.

It does not prove/disprove anything but is a certain indicator of weight these researchers have in the international community.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure about Kumar, but Gofrey Louis has been involved in this from the start. He has done several papers and worked with the Cardiff University as mentioned in the article.

Wikipedia for Godfrey Louis.

Home Page for Godfrey Louis.

I haven't gone to far into his credentials but they seem to check out. Notably while their have been skeptics of his work on the cells, no one has investigated them to the same extent. There is confusion on the DNA in that some tests have shown no DNA, some have shown traces of DNA material, yet nothing ahs been able to sequence it in any way to date.

I presume this alternate investigation into the properties of the cells was an effort to try a different tack in understanding them.

[edit on 15/10/08 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

i highly doubt this is algae, I'm not a betting man, but i'd be willing to bet that these micro lifeforms are of a non-terrestrial origin. I'm surprised more people aren't interested in this red rain . . . it might be the greatest scientific find of our time.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I agree 100%.

Why are none of the big Astrobiology labs studying this? It's not like Louis and Kumar have been debunked or proved wrong. I can only imagine they have looked at this but are keeping it under wraps. Maybe that is why they are not commenting on any of the numerous papers released on this subject?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
well i've heard rumors from OTHER nations science articles that the indian scientists are trying to keep it "private". But i have doubts about that. I think the rest of the scientific community is trying to keep it suppressed, for obvious reasons. It's a good thing the indian scientists (allegedly) didn't give samples over to the americans or the british. Because if they did, it would have to be algae; even if it wasn't.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
this is a very cool thread and i hope it doesn't stop here!
the replies from isreal wre good also.
a least some people are paying attention!
maybe it is a sub component of a bigger compound and secondary parts to be spread later?(just for fun)
thanks all

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hi Shere Khaan!

Here's an old thread of mine with the complete details...

Alien Life Beyond Earth! The Evidence.

Enjoy! Cheers!

top topics

join