It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I posted this in my blog once, but I think it would be better suited here.

(This is not meant to be taken literally sensitive people (Venus please take note
), it's just a satirical attempt at humour)

Now seriously, where does this automatic respect for old people come from? Today I was on the bus, and as it was coming to my stop myself and others got up to get off. Bump!!! Some crazy old woman practically rugby tackles me out of the way, determined to be first at the door. I wouldn't mind so much but as she got there she conveniently remembered she was old and came down to a snails pace.

As anyone in the UK will know (not sure about anywhere else), the doorway is wide so that people can get on on the left and off on the right. What does this pasty old granny do? She parks her arse right in the centre of the doorway. Great! Now no one can get on or off. She slowly tries to stumble of the bus, pondering about taking the last step like she was f***ing Indiana Jones or something. What happened to the big rush you were in a minute ago darling? You know, the one you were in when you shoulder barged me out of the way? Why don't they have any manners? They expect everything to be done their way because they are "old". Why couldn't this "senior citizen" think to herself "I'm a bit old and slow, I'll let the people who are in a rush get off first, it's not as if I'm in a big rush to die"? Where were the manners? That's how you earn my respect senior citizens, you wont just get my respect because you are old.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
See.....a little forwarning about sarcasm didn't hurt ...now did it?

I have the utmost respect for anyone older than me....especially seniors. But I too have found some to be a bit on the pushy side. I think that comes from societies lack of respect for them and the way today's young people treat them. or it could just be CONSTIPATION..............

I think the next time this happens to you you should knock her down to the ground and stomp on her head until she promises to always allow you off first. Or maybe "skin the old bitch" or "smack her in the teeth"

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
LOL.....

Be thankful she was on the bus. In America,they drive.
And most of them do not drive well. Hell, they can't even see over their knuckles on the steering wheel. But they insist that they can drive just as well has they did 75 years ago. Some of them still drive the same car they had 75 years ago,in the fast lane on the freeway. At a heart stopping speed of 30 mph. Or better yet they do 70 mph in a 25 mph zone. Keep in mind they still can't see. No matter what the speed.

I do my best to respect "seniors", after all I am almost one of them. But they don't make it easy.

[Edited on 3/26/2004 by nyeff]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
after all I am almost one of them.

YOU LIE SO BAD !!!! AND YOU DRIVE LIKE AN OLD WOMAN

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh really......then how do you explain all my grey hair?:bash: (its all your fault,IMO)

Drive like an old woman....pffft.....you are an old woman.
lol

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know what Nada means spot on happens to me all the time as said have have respect for them and all but if you get out of your seat sometimes they don't say thank you. Or if you hold the door they dont say jack I to have been ruby tackled out way of the bus door so they can get of the bus first lol must be contagious lol

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
I know what Nada means spot on happens to me all the time as said have have respect for them and all but if you get out of your seat sometimes they don't say thank you. Or if you hold the door they dont say jack I to have been ruby tackled out way of the bus door so they can get of the bus first lol must be contagious lol

Well....I, for one, thank you just for getting out of your seat and for holding doors for them. Next time they don't thank you............run up behind them and kick them in the ass

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
LOL.....

Be thankful she was on the bus. In America,they drive.
And most of them do not drive well. Hell, they can't even see over their knuckles on the steering wheel. But they insist that they can drive just as well has they did 75 years ago. Some of them still drive the same car they had 75 years ago,in the fast lane on the freeway. At a heart stopping speed of 30 mph. Or better yet they do 70 mph in a 25 mph zone. Keep in mind they still can't see. No matter what the speed.

I do my best to respect "seniors", after all I am almost one of them. But they don't make it easy.

[Edited on 3/26/2004 by nyeff]

Don't forget that old man who drove his car into a crowd in Santa Monica last year killing ten.

That being said, in more daily regular affairs, I think you should have a little more patience with older folk.
None of us will be quick physically or mentally when we reach that age and we should try to remember that the next time we are tempted to scream at an elderly person.

God knows I need enough help now....Never mind when/if I hit 80 years old!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
funny you should bring up old people.
I was in the grocery store today...and the bus of senior citizens arrived at the same time I walked in.

now i don't know if anyone else can relate to this, but here in Florida...many seniors live in assisted living facilities and they have a bus that comes and takes them to places, like the grocery store, library, walmart etc.

if you see this bus, turn around and run or drive the other way.

well too late for me, I was already in the store and had started filling my shopping cart....so i figured, get it over with and get out... this trip that would have normally taken about 20 minutes took me a whole hour and 15 minutes to complete. These old people block the whole aisle with their carts, they can't hear..so no matter how many times you say excuse me, they wont move. alrite i get to the checkout and there are old people in line with nothing in their carts....seems they were holding places in line for their friends..

finally i get thru checkout and tried to leave the store, i was stuck behind a woman walked at a snail's pace and behind me was another old woman who was so damn impatient she kept hitting me in the butt with her cart. I wanted to scream at them both...but i refrained since one day i might be in their shoes..

actually i feel better now that i got that off my chest.. thanks for letting me rant in your thread

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The world today is a world for the young .....

It brings to mind the bumper sticker ...

Be nice to your children, remember that they will choose your nursing home

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
hahaha

go work at a grocery store, it will be fun......

Remember the importance of coupons... if one fails to end up on the ticket then the world is about to end.

If you are the cashier and you see the cart coming your way... Walk up to the old lady, take her basket away from her.... Take it up to your register start checking the groceries out and by the time you are done she will be pulling out her checkbook

While she is signing her check take your 10 minute break, go bug the supervisor till he threatens you, come back to your register and complete the order

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
oh yeah, and they LOVE playing lottery tickets...

If you want some fun

Get some fishing line, tie it to a ticket... Lay the ticket on the counter in plain site and an easy to reach location.

"Oh!" The lady will say as her dentures almost fall out.

Then when se reaches for it tug on it.... See how far she will follow it, you may be impressed.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Have you noticed that if you ever accidentally bump an old woman, she will wobble back and forth like a weeble

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I hate it when old people take forever to get off the bus. I love them, but I think about kicking or pushing them to make them go faster or get out the way.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I have the utmost respect for anyone older than me....

Why?

Because they have more wrinkles than you?

Because they have more bitterness from bad life experiences than you?

Because their physical body is now less efficient, and smells funny?

Why would anyone respect someone JUST because they have existed longer on this planet and let their physical body age? While becoming even more brainwashed than you, being more bombarded and misdirected by the media and advertisements?

Physical age is a superficial quality. You are not wise to respect people based on their physical body.

But it is the way of this world - people respect others, based on physical body's qualities (or other superficial coating), not the qualities of the soul, like it should be.

People who automatically get people's respect:

- older people / elderly
- women (especially mothers)
- black people
- hispanic people
- jewish people
- celebrities
- midgets
- homosexuals
- immigrants
- retards

It's only white men who never get any automatic respect - but who do get automatic despising. Not a very equal world..

If you really think about it, there is absolutely NO reason to respect someone based on any of these superficial qualities (of their physical body). Just because someone has remained on this planet longer than you doesn't mean they are automatically more wise or intelligent than you. It's actually very likely that that causes them to be more stupid / dumb than you.

But they do have the 'victim' status, which the white man can never reach. So are you sure you are not pitying them, instead of respecting? Because really, what's to respect about an arsehole that simply has an aged body instead of a younger one? He/she's still going to be arsehole. Just because his skin gets wrinkly, you think he suddenly deserves respect?

What a mad, mad world indeed.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
respect your elders (no matter how annoying).
AND STOP REPLYING TO PREHISTORIC THREADS!!

new topics

top topics

join