It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icelandic stock market crashes on reopening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Icelandic stock market crashes on reopening

www.independent.co.uk

The beleaguered Icelandic stock exchange plummeted by 77 per cent yesterday, following a three-day suspension of trading.

The OMX Iceland 15 Index fell by 2,326.2 to 678.4 - the lowest since April 1996.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
After surveying the world markets, I come across this. This is significant because, it appears that what many expected, or intended, to happen in the United States, has instead taken down this small North Atlantic Island.

I still consider what has happened in the Global Financial Sector to be the timed detonation of a weapon composed entirely of financial contracts. Iceland, for some odd reason, seems to be the country that will die first, as a result of this.

Banks in this country have not been traded for nearly a week. When trading begins, if ever, that may be a the end for them.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't believe the full fury of this global crash has fully materialized, all they have done is push or delay it from collapse. Largely, I do believe based on current political trends and key phrases like, "New Financial Order", this is in part planned by those political forces who want a New World Order.

We are so manipulated...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

There are several analysts in the past days on Bloomberg, CNBC, and CNN that have openly spoke about the positives/potential of converting to a one-world currency.

Their rationale is that things would be so dire for countries and people, that the masses would be begging for their debts to be relieved by converting to a new common currency for everybody around the world.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Great, how do I sign up for membership with the New World Order?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
IT BETTER NOT CRASH THIS WEEK OR THE NEXT CUZ I HAVE THINGS GOING ON OF ENJOYMENT THROUGHOUT THESE 2 WEEKS....

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Their rationale is that things would be so dire for countries and people, that the masses would be begging for their debts to be relieved by converting to a new common currency for everybody around the world.

How would they wipe out the debt? If you ask me if they do a one world currancy thing, we'd all still have our debt, just in this new form. People care too much about money.

How would they go about a one world currancy? I'm curious how that would happen...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Don't worry. You will be automatically enlisted.

new topics

top topics

join