It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a demonstration in England being denied to us by the Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Is it just me or was everyone else just waiting and hoping that someone would eventually kick that cop with the ridiculous cycling helmet ?

Just one solid kick in the ear might have actually snapped him out of his trance. How ironic that police think theyre protecting the innocent and fighting the criminals but the self righteous ba5t4rds are actually protecting the criminals and fighting the innocent. Moreover - the best job to have if you're a criminal is to be a cop, ding dong.

Watching that just made me so angry, in all fairness one of the citizens should have been able to have made a citizens arrest on those cops, on the grounds of theft - they did steal afterall.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am sat here really angry after watching that video.
The police in this country are turning into mindless morons. They just acted so arrogant in doing what they did.
Well i will be in liverpool this Saturday armed with my cameras and video gear.
They wont take mine away without a fight

Arrogant sods.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

That university secretary was really annoyed you could see, How rude of those police not to answer him, he was asking a decent question and he was a senior citizen. If that moronic cop couldnt even have the deceny or manners to answers a civil question from a senior citizen, what on earth is he a cop for in the first place ?

I think the most obvious answer is that he couldnt answer anyone because the level of english they were using was way to complex as it strayed from his preferred monosylabic vocabulary.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

"Though in this case it was a stunt purely intended to provoke a reaction from the police" Essan

Do u have any evidence to back up your theory of provoking the police.

These protesters were protesting for rights about the National Health Service not some excuse to p*ss the police off.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by Essan

"Though in this case it was a stunt purely intended to provoke a reaction from the police" Essan

Do u have any evidence to back up your theory of provoking the police.

These protesters were protesting for rights about the National Health Service not some excuse to p*ss the police off.

Not to mention that we're talking about the police here, not some wild animals that you should'nt "provoke" or ARE they ? Provocation is irrelevant, if these people were within their rights it is very unprofessional for a police officer to lose his cool and fly off the handles simply because they claim it was aimed at provoking them. thats lame, sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hey how about these human rights, if you've heard Jordan Maxwell rant about this stuff then you know what he means about these so-called "Human Rights" we like to claim we have.

In Balantine's Self Pronouncing Law and Legal Dictionary, 1948, page 389, Human Being is defined as "See Monster." On page 540 of this same Law Dictionary, Monster is defined as "a human being by birth, but in some part resembling a lower animal."

In Webster's New World Dictionary , Third College Edition, 1988, pages 879-880, a Monster is defined as "a person so cruel, wicked, depraved, etc., as to horrify others."

From the Random House Dictionary of the English Language, 2nd Edition, page 901, Human Being is defined as a "Natural man: unenlightened or unregenerate," and on page 1461, Unregenerate means "not regenerate; unrepentant; an unregenerate sinner; not convinced by or unconverted to a particular religion; wicked, sinful, dissolute."

- See MONSTER ?? ... lordy...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm glad this has got the attention it deserves and just goes to show that people ARE peaceful in uncertain situations....

Video and photographic evidence, plus the fact that i know the situation, know the area and know a handfull of the people proves to me that we are not in the wrong.

-------

I think this sums it up:

For years political organisations have gathered on a weekend in various parts of the city centre and have been tolerated during that time. However, recently we have seen the harassment of activists on a weekly basis from the police during the Capital of Culture year in an attempt to “clean up the streets”. The actions of several police officers on the 11th October were yet another attempt to break up a legal gathering of activists.

www.wholetruthcoalition.org...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why didn't the gutless cops do this when they let thousands of muslim terrorists do this in England a couple of years back. Buy England's standards freedom of speech is bad, but wanting to murder everyone in the country is ok? I am so glad I don't live in a muslim country like england.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
All the government seems to do these days is to make new laws ad infinitum as an attempt to make themselves look like they are doing something about a percieved mass-histeria social problem promoted in the tabloids! How many people are acutally aware of the laws and understand them? It's certainly not part of a standard UK education system and neither is politics for that matter, excluding a focus on Nazism but thats a topic for a diffent post. I wonder if the police are as confused as the laymen about the interpretation of the laws.

Im going to make a quick judgement call and say the police officers were obviously feeling intimidated by the crowd as anyone would be and they did what they thought was the right thing to do based on their training. They are only people at the end of the day, and thank goodness no one got hurt!

Sadly, the way things are going we will see a lot more of this type of thing happening in the UK and its nonsensical that an incident like this could develop out of nothing.

Edit to add:

I wasnt aware that since Labour came into power in 1997, they have created 3,600 new criminal offences! No wonder the police are getting into these pointless confrontations!

www.telegraph.co.uk

[edit on 15-10-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Bet you guys in england whis you had some guns. That is the only way to make the goverment fear the people. The ability to have a armed up rising is the only thing that can keep a goverment in check. watch america in the next few months to see how it is done

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by 19DCW71

Physical protest will accomplish nothing but turning the general public against you.

I have to question your intention because of your suggestion.

Please feel free to question my intention, but let me advise you of it since I'm the only one in my thoughts and can possibly tell you how I truly feel.I'm all for a peaceful protest and as a matter of fact I would LOVE nothing more than to live in a peaceful PERFECT world. Only problem is that I live in REALITY. This is unfortunately something we will never see.

Most people know that a physical protest hurts any group's image. If your object is to get information out to the public and gain more support for your cause, why would you want to alienate a majority of people by become a "threatening" and "disruptive" group in the eye of public opinion?

My friend (and I mean that sincerely),why would you be worried about tarnishing an image? If you are fighting for a cause the key is to actually accomplish your gaols and get somewhere.The only place this is leading anyone is a slight uprising which the authorities instantly put down.These and all protesters accomplish absolutely NOTHING and actually create more problems for their cause and everyone elses' who wish to accomplish somthing.

It's a bad idea and will diminish the cause for which one fights.

Notice the words you chose to use. "For which one fights". Protester aren't fighting but rather complaining. There's absolutely no fight involved. Again i stated I would recommend a peacful protest, but when someone gets physical with you, you have the right to defend yourself.

Let me explain the problem and the solution, which is very simple.Problem--there's too many irrelevant little groups fighting for meaningless agendas. We should have ONE group to protest what really matters in life. The equality of our rights.

Solution--One group made up of millions of people having a peaceful protest will accomplish somthing for the fact that there's sheer strength in numbers.

Little protests are useless.BIG protests= accomplishment.

There's people like me who don't and won't protest because when I defend my rights and fight for what I believe, I will give my life for it.Then there's whiny complainers, who do what? whine, complain,threaten to sue and accomplish balls.Fact is this WORLD was built by force and the governing laws aren't going to willingly relinquish any power.So protesters have an issue. Organize protests of astronomical proportions, or stop wasting your time and effort.

Peace, yes I yearn for it, yet I'm not dilusional because there will always be a power struggle and people fighting. I'm not violent, just am very perceptive to the reality the world has built around me. If I could, I would honestly have nothing to do with this world.Only problem is it's soooo bad that it cost a small fortune and you still have the greedy scum knocking at your door looking for a reason to CAUSE PROBLEMS for you and your peace loving family.

So please understand my intentions are good but this doesn't bring peace to my loved ones.As a matter of fact, wicked people whom have no wisdom or knowledge actually take peace and kindness for weakness.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

How you can say that the police were right in what they did is beyond me, I can only deduce from your comments you are either a conservative or you are pro police.

Its funny that right after a couple of people post their replies you chip in, you are always there to rock the boat. I am wising up to you ignorant ape and will be puting you on the ignore list in future.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
They are only people at the end of the day, and thank goodness no one got hurt!

Thats not entirely true, have you met and talked to a policeman? I lost a good friend who joined the police force, over 6 months after his training, he changed from a jokey,funny having a laugh friend to arrogant and cocky and completely changed his personality, The police force brainwashes its new recruits into thinking that they are doing good, its exactly the same as the army. When in actual fact if you step back from it and look again you will see its the complete opposite. Problem,reaction,solution.

Just to add my mate used to tell me that they had a chart back at the station where they would fill in the amount of fines that hey had given out that day and at the end of the month the winner he dished out the most fines would get a prize. Normally drinks bought for him/her when they go out.

What a fantastic way to celebrate someones misery. Hoorah!

[edit on 15-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

The problem with large scale protests is that you always get someone who may or may not be part of the group, possibly even a 'plant' who decides to get physical and then it gets ugly.

Thank goodness people are getting smart, educating themselves much in thanks to the (current) freedom of the Internet, the corrupt people in power be it government or financial (not all of them mind) have reason thus to fear this. Its a bit short sighted to fear progress of the human race by trying to protect the status quo.

Education, in my view, is more potent than any weapon, protest or riot to implement positive change. Was this not the goal of the original Illuminati?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I do know people that decided to join the force, interestingly I know they have suffered personal injustice in their lives and I’m pretty certain this may have influenced them into joining. I know the police do drills very similar to the military - I understand this is part of the toughening up process in order for them to be mentally and physically strong when dealing with real criminals. I have heard of these fine competitions but I dont have any solid evidence to believe in them as you describe however I know the government has designed in 'promotion by fine' into the policing system, again its all about making the government look good and in control.

Perhaps I’m just too darn optimistic that I believe in the potential of people to see the good in others?

[edit on 15-10-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The British Bobby used to be all about upholding the law and keeping the peace but now he's transformed into the Governments private army, there to protect our stupid politicians and make sure we keep in line. It's little wonder that nobody respects them anymore! All they're fit for is catching speeders and standing idly bye as bailiffs smash peoples front doors in to take their goods.
I personally have hated the rozzers since I watched how they treated the miners in the late eighties. They'd been kicked onto the scrapheap by Maggie, belittled and trampled on by an uncaring government, and then when they protested the police ran in riot gear and beat the ever loving sh*t out of them.
Makes me laugh when people say that we're heading towards a totalitarian society. . . As far as I'm concerned we've been in one for the last fifteen to twenty years.
What would Dixon Of Dock Green think?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was going to say what Essan and Ignorant_Ape have but obviously they’ve beaten me to it. Unless someone can positively say that these people had permission to set up those stalls then I’m going to have to agree with the two aforementioned posters. Can anyone condemning the police answer that point?

I do find it a little disagreeable that the police didn’t seem to be very forthcoming with the reasons for their actions although that of course may have taken place off camera.

But I do want to ask why would the police want to break up this protest anyway? For jollies? It didn’t look like they were having fun and if they were being lectured about how they should curtail every freedom they see wouldn’t someone have mentioned it by now?

Also, Ashamedamerican, did you not consider that maybe that officer simply had orders to ID people because a lot of crimes are committed at that time of night in that area and you were only making his job harder by not cooperating and being awkward about it? I mean why would it have been so hard to either give him your ID or just say “sorry officer I don’t have one on me”?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
This is how our freedom of speech is being treated, our RIGHT top freely protest. They are ILLEGALY closing down the protest, aboloshing our RIGHTS to a peaceful protest!

uk.youtube.com...

The police are breaking the law, denying us the right to campaign and confiscating materials, on what legal basis are they confiscating cameras and paraphenalia... No reason!

The secretary of the University and college in liverpool asks many valid questions and the police ignore him...

[edit on 14-10-2008 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by mr-lizard]

Mr Lizard? Bleedin' 'ell! This place is full of Morris fans nowadays!

Just wanted to say though, I dunno how old you are mate (unless you are the OAP Mr Lizard on the C&B board) but compared to the way the police would treat us 20+ years ago during a protest, we really do have it easy. If anything has changed, it really has changed for the better!

Of course, we should never be denied the right to protest as it is a fundamental expression of our freedom of speech but I wouldn't use this as a marker to deliver a diatribe against the state of British society or government.

In my own city, Manchester, the police murdered chartists during a protest. If you are as old or older than me you will remember the Miners Strikes and the Poll Tax Protests (or riots, as we "officially" have it. As far as I'm concerned, it was the police who rioted) and the images of the carnage brought upon us proletariat by the police and their puppet masters still makes me sick to the stomach!

P.s. If you are too young to remember that, I'm sure there will be plenty of footage on YouTube.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There are far more effective ways to protest and not needing to run the gauntlet of riot police.

Britain was built on beaurocracy and as such is vulnarable to 'paper jams' in the system....why fight the machine when you can just clog it's gears with paperwork?

Write letters...not just one or a few, but hundreds, and by hundreds of people making the daftest requests, seeking legal queries, making deliberatlely incorrectly completed official forms...you name it, there'll be a ton of paperwork associated with it

The trick is to flood the 'system' with as much paper spam as is possible to humanly generate and tie-up human resource departments, mailing offices, application centres, etc

Form 'cheque clubs' where each individual writes out cheques to as many others as you have cheque-slips for 1p each....for the account holding bank there will be a fee levied by the banking clearing house for the processing of each cheque paid to another bank (something in the order of 20p per chq processed) If there are a total of 100 cheques presented on one day for 1p that means you have just wasted the bank £19 of its own time money and manpower

Whenever you recieve junk mail with a 'freepost' envelope, fill with as much gravel as you can fit in the envelope but still able to fit in a postbox and post back at the expense of the junkmailing company

There are many more ways to paper-jam the gears of government and authority, and one in particular by Mark Thomas...the mass lone protest in parliament square

Mark Thomas: My Life in Serious Organised Crime Pt1

Mark Thomas: My Life In SErious Organised Crime Pt2

Mark Thomas: My Life In Serious Organised Crime Pt3

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join