It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freak Hurricane in Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have seen many discussions here about government projects to control the weather. I think most would agree we also have seen many odd weather events in the last decade. Whether you believe this to be controlled or not this hurricane looks bad, especially since the area is not normally hit, therefore will not be prepared.

Link to story on Brazilian Hurricane
Accuweather story

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
wow that is strange!!! and definitely bizarre...but it shows you how unpredictable real weather can be, especially if the assumptions of weather manipulation is true. still its scary to see a hurricane in the Atlantic this early, let's hope it doesn't get active for Florida and the Caribbean until June...I would hate to get an early surprise like that.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here's more info, including an update and debate whether is IS a real hurricane!

"We know there hasn't been a hurricane in that area since at least the satellite era, the mid-60s at the minimum." The storm is a small one, though, but has estimated winds near minimal hurricane strength (74-95 mph). It's quite an interesting sight, perfect for piquing the weather curiousity that many of us have."
science.slashdot.org...

Meanwhile, a debate raged between Brazilian and U.S. meteorologists over whether the storm was a hurricane.

The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Florida estimated the storm was a full-fledged, Category I hurricane with central winds of between 75 mph and 80 mph (121 kph to 129 kph), making it the first hurricane ever spotted in the South Atlantic. AccuWeather, Inc., a private forecasting company in Pennsylvania, said it also considered the storm a hurricane.

Brazilian scientists disagreed, saying the storm had top winds of 50 mph to 56 mph (80 kph to 90 kph), far below the 75 mph (121 kph) threshold of a hurricane.

"Winds and rains will not be significant, so we don't need to alarm the population," meteorologist Dr. Gustavo Escobar of the Brazilian Center for Weather Prediction and Climatic Studies had said on Saturday. Satellite images showed a spiral-shaped mass of clouds with an open area in the center. Escobar called it an "extra-tropical cyclone," which is usually characterized by less intense winds.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
While I do think this is odd, I wonder how the government could control the weather? Thats a big job.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If anyone can recall another seemingly out-of-place hurricane, it was the one that hit last year on the Mid-atlantic ridge of North America (aka, North Carolina, MD, VA, PA, etc)

I was in MD in that time doing my rounds and noticed one thing about this hurricane. At least in the DC area, it wasn't a hurricane at all, but boy was it windy. The media was going haywire too, saying that it could be disastrous. Was it? Well, only if you hate being without power for extended periods of time.

Some homes were flooded in the Delmarva Area, but the fact that this hurricane literally sped from the ocean and into the coastline (into the appalachains as well) points to some kind of behind-the-scenes manipulations.

Yes, I have observed chemtrails during my stay there, as wel.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hurricanes/tropical cyclones dont form in the south Atlantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the satellite of it, its looks small but i promise you it packed one hell of a punch. It is that little swirl making landfall in southern Brasil.

I am really beginning to believe Global Climate change is becoming too real to ignore or write off as BS.

edited for the pic

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by jrod]

top topics

join