It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science of Channeling (My Understanding from Experience)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hello friends,

Some of you might remember from about a year ago, others might have no clue...

For those of you that don't know me, my mother is a medium that does channeling every now and then. I would rather not get into specifics, to prevent from deviating the thread, since her messages are a topic of much controversy.

I can attest that channeling is as real as matter in the universe itself.

How can I be 100% sure?

Because in previous channeled messages, I've mentally asked questions and the spirits have responded through my mom as a medium.

Yes, I know for a fact it's true, that it works and that it's real.

Although I personally believe this blossom child person to be a con or a fake, because of all the products she sells and all the publicity she's gained, I also have come to understand that although channeling is real, the messages might not always be.

I've asked my mom a few times, in an attempt of better understanding, as I'm sure all of you would have... She mentions that many times she doesn't know who the person is, until they explicitly say it... She also says that she can feel the energy, the person and sometimes see them standing next to her... It depends on who it is.

I can tell you this much, because it's a channeled message it doesn't make it true.
However, because there's many con artists out there, doesn't mean spiritual gifts, such as channeling, psychic powers and other paranormal sciences are not true.

We have to learn to disseminate the very little truth from the garbage out there in order to find and reach the truth we all seek.

If we have a negative empathy towards everything, we will also be rejecting the truth.
The same works the other way around, we cannot accept everything that's given to us.

Ultimately, our own personal and spiritual progress as human beings will allows us to discern fact from fiction, the truth from the lies, the good from the bad....

I hope I'm bringing some light and hope into good hearted souls out there that might feel discouraged from today's events...

Peace, Love & Blessings to everyone.

Xio.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This stuff pertains to "the gray area" or "skunkworks" but of course NOT to "Aliens & UFOs". Thanks to the GFL stuff now we can say that we have had ENOUGH of channelling mate, thanks though.

[edit on 14/10/2008 by internos]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Get her over to Randi and claim his $1 million prize.

Channelling is a load of bunk.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aspie
Get her over to Randi and claim his $1 million prize.

Channelling is a load of bunk.

It would be ironic if she is bunk... because she would fit in well with Randi who is also bunk. He is a fraud who has made millions on calling other people liars and using bending loosely based evidence around to fit his agenda. He has been caught out on several occassions lying to prove a point.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Total Package]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by therevelation

Yes Channelling is real... Yes psychics are real. Blossom Goodchild might well be a fraud... but psychics, channelling etc are not. I know myself from 1st hand experience and have proof of psychics that have had made predictions that have come true.

It's a pity we have the Blossom Goodchild's of the world that give everyone a bad name. You don't half wonder if she isn't part of the global misinformation network... planetd by the governments to get everyone away from thinking about UFO's and life on other planets.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/10/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have yet to see a single piece of evidence that psychics or remote viewers are the real deal.

What proof do you have? it would be interesting to see

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Kind of curious that this post is made today? Which is probably the worst day in history for those who 'claim' to channel.

As Internos hinted, channeling is SOOOO out of style here today! This post is in extreme poor taste. [FAIL]

IRM

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aspie
I have yet to see a single piece of evidence that psychics or remote viewers are the real deal.

What proof do you have? it would be interesting to see

Well I have my own personal proof... I was a skeptic spent a week with a psychic watching everything they do... and can categorically tell you they are the real deal. There is no such thing as "cold reading" when you actually watch a respected psychic do their work.

Now as to other proof there is documented proof. There is an Australian psychic called Scott Russell Hill who I have met personally and was amazing with his accuracy. He used to have a radio show in Australia in the 90s where he used to do live on air readings for people but one of his main strengths was in predicting future events.

In 1996 they packaged up on New Years Eve of the predictions he had made during the year to see if any would come true. Of the 30 predictions he made 29 of them ended up coming true. This is verifiable documented proof made on air to 100,000's of radio listeners. The audio tapes are available... and several investigative documentary programs have reviewed and authenticated the audio tapes.

Some of the predictions he made in 1996 were:

• New York would be attacked in September of 2001.. the attack would come from the air and looked like some sort of missile attack.
  • Princess Di would not see her 40th birthday and was in great danger around her in Paris... he felt in a carwould die in a car crash in Paris.
  • JFK Jnr and his wife were in danger of dying in a light plane crash.
  • The concorde would crash upon takeoff either in london or paris

There were a whole lot of other predictions which came true... these were some of the more high profile ones.... as you can see up to 6 years prior to it happening. What intersted me most is a current affairs program did a story on him here... they are known for trying to out frauds etc.... with him all they could do was say they could verify every single thing he did.... and that he was genuine and everything was verifiable.

Here are some of the links to a news article about what he did.

www.scottrussellhill.com.au...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Kind of curious that this post is made today? Which is probably the worst day in history for those who 'claim' to channel.

As Internos hinted, channeling is SOOOO out of style here today! This post is in extreme poor taste. [FAIL]

IRM

That's like saying the Haiti UFO video shows all UFOs are fake

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So do you have a recording of his show dated September 28th 1996? and if so can you prove it was actually made on September 28th 1996?

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Aspie]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
His website has a page that goes into more detail, along with numerous newspaper clips.

With all this in mind it's no wonder that Scott is regarded as Australia’s leading authority on the paranormal and known as ‘The World’s Most Accurate Psychic'. Once the Australian version of Sensing Murder came to a close, Scott flew to New Zealand and filmed his first case for their version of the show.

The popular series screened to big ratings, especially in New Zealand where producer David Baldock said that whether you're a believer or not, there were discoveries made by the psychics that had no rational explanation. He cited the example of Scott who had never been to New Zealand before. "Scott led the crew on a merry dance to a car yard in an area previously unconnected to the case he was working on,’ Baldock said. ‘Scott told us that the deceased used to work there, but before it was a car yard. It turned out the victim had worked in a food processing factory that used to be there, a fact that was only revealed after we searched through the factory's employment records," Baldock added.

Scott filmed 11 episodes of Sensing Murder between 2004 - 2006.

I have a feeling Scott is the real deal, but he's not channeling.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So channelling all sounds rather hit and miss, and you cant even be sure who its meant for. Sounds to me its a bit like the room full of monkeys and typewriters, its bound to be right once in a while. I think im in the wrong business.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by pazcat]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think when someone who may believe they are channeling, are really just relaying their own sub-conscious thoughts, and there really isn't any spirit involved. Even if there was a spirit involved, why trust that information anyways, or place any trust in the channeler?

Was Goodchild really channeling or just doing a form of automatic writing? I think she said she just sat at the computer and typed out words that flowed fom her. Anyone can do that if they try, and there may be what seems worthwhile information revealed, and it can become an addicton of sorts, and may well be the case with her. She asked silly questions and got (her own) silly answers back. Maybe she believed this nonsense, and is now having to reconsider that she got it all wrong. If she comes out with some excuse that would tell me she hasn't realized this and is dillusional, or she's just proving she was a fraud all along. Either way the outcome is she's done some damage to the community of channelers, and it's about time it was brought into the forefront, even if it wakes up a few people who buy all this bunk.

It's one thing if you want to believe in channeled messages, or mediums and these beliefs affect ony you, but when you have people that begin rearranging their lives according to what they were told, that affects the lives of others around them and pulls them into it, and that isn't fair. I have a family member who believes alot of crap told by such people and it's been a heartwrenching journey having to deal with it.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by violet]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's not only channellers who are causing trouble, it's the so called psychics and remote viewers as well. First Sylvia Browne with all her bull making $750 an hour from vulnerable people.

Then there's Ed Dames who's been banging on about his Killshot for at least the last 15 years that I know about. Every year he sets a date and then ends up putting it back. Back in October 2004 he told everyone to enjoy that years Thanksgiving as it would be our last one.

Channellers, psychics and remote viewers who are all out to sell you products should be banned. They should be stopped from running any type of business, and if they refuse, jailed, because they are all frauds.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thats the spiritual psi pablum ones for the public. They are not truly the psychics I've researched, and some psi ability does run naturally in our family, as I'm sure it does it most.
Psychic abilities and remote viewing need to be developed by everyone. Children in every community should start training young. Especially with telepathy, remote viewing and remote perception, or pinging. Its really important to the advancement of the human race, both towards peace and a oneness with all life on earth, but especially so we won't as whole be so quickly lied to. Right now those who demonstrate psi are quickly picked up by various governments and even spies. And it well pays to tone down on natural abilities, and not take too many of those online tests. They don't have to know how many in the general populous possess these talents. But we should all be developing this.

new topics

top topics

join