It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN's Dispicable Efforts Continue to Pollute Democracy VOTER FRAUD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...://video.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wv

which means democrats aka obama is having inside help.

or as it appears.

the fraud is not for republicans

smells like gwb all over folks

www.youtube.com...

in las veags acorn registered the entire Dallas cowboys football team lol

lordy great job i love how the democrats are mocking our voting system.

Obama ACORN Smoking Gun - Caught In The Act
www.youtube.com...

WATCH these last 2...the video's where posted Added: July 07, 2008
way before this got caught funny huh...
OBAMA'S ACORN EXPOSED PART 1 OF 2
www.youtube.com...
OBAMA'S ACORN EXPOSED PART 2 OF 2
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ACORN is a corrupt shill for Barack Obama. They say they are non-partisan, but they endorsed Obama. They say they are legit, but their actions show them to be corrupt liars that are undermining the American election system:

Man Registers 73 Times to Vote

Obama's campaign paid $800,000 to ACORN:

michellemalkin.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I must confess that I know absolutely nothing about the Acorn issue except it revolves around voter fraud, or registration fraud, or something like that. As ashamed politically as I am to say this, I really don't care to know. After the crap the Republicans pulled in Florida in 2000 and Ohio & Florida in 2004, as far as I am concerned, anything the Democrats do, they are doing just to stay competitive with their fraudulent, Republican counterparts.

Just to give you some background about me politically, I used to vote for whomever I felt was the best candidate, Republican or Democrat. Though I only had the ability to vote beginning with the 2000 election, I have voted for at least three Republicans that I know of. It makes me sick to say this but, that ended in 2004. I will forever go into that booth and just vote Democrat the rest of my life. We all have the hordes of political infants who voted for Bush in 2004, despite his mountain of screw ups even then, to thank for that.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
ACORN is an orginization that helps sign up voters. In order to complete this mission they hire people to go door to door. This is hard work and some folks, in order to keep getting that paycheck, make up names and such instead.

And what really makes the issue a moot point is that these imaginary folks they sign up don't exist and thus do not ever cast a vote. It is simply a scam to get a paycheck from ACORN.

BTW McCain is on tape singing the praises of ACORN as recently as 2004.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
BTW McCain is on tape singing the praises of ACORN as recently as 2004.

I believe you're talking about this video but this is 2006 unless there is a 2004 one also. Seen it on some new show today, can't remember which but eventually found it.

I believe this was the origin of the video.
The Atlantic

It's kind of hard for me to throw the entire organization under the bus just because there are some lazy people out there looking for a quick way to make some cash. As stated befor..

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
And what really makes the issue a moot point is that these imaginary folks they sign up don't exist and thus do not ever cast a vote. It is simply a scam to get a paycheck from ACORN.

But, I do believe ACORN needs to take much more precaution on who they hire and double check the names of alleged new registries.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Forest]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Forest

Thanks for finding that video. 2006 is the right date.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ACORN has a responsibility as an employer for the work done by their employees. It is very disappointing that they are not verifying 100% of the registrations completed by their temps.

Fraud? I don't think so. But they should be held accountable in a legal way for the disruption to the local authorities who are being burdened by this nonsense.

This is costing local election officials payroll dollars and placing unnecessary doubt on the whole registration process. I say there should be some form of recourse to prevent this garbage from happening in the future.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
It is very disappointing that they are not verifying 100% of the registrations completed by their temps.

Fraud? I don't think so.

Acorn does verify each card, but they STILL have to turn the registrations in if it's fraudulent, incomplete, or questionable!

Once somebody has filled out a voters registration card , it HAS to be turned over to the election officials, it doesn't matter what somebody wrote on it.

This is so that every voter registration card can be accounted for so that organizations like ACORN can't throw registrations away if they think that person is not going to vote for their preferred candidate.

It's the law that even the fraudulent voter registration cards be turned in!

Here is an article on how this system works.

The Republican Voter Fraud Hoax - The Gaurdian

Here are the facts. Acorn verifies the legitimacy of every registration its canvassers collect. If they can't authenticate the registration, or it's incomplete or questionable in other ways, they flag that form as problematic ("fraudulent", "incomplete", et cetera). They then hand in all registration forms, even the problematic ones, to elections officials, as they are required to do by law. In almost every case where you've heard about fraud by Acorn, it's because Acorn itself notified officials about the fraud that's been perpetrated on them by rogue canvassers. Most officials who run to the media screaming "Acorn is committing fraud" know all of the above but don't bother to share those facts with the media they've run to. None of this is about voter fraud. None of it. Where any fraud has occurred, it's voter registration fraud and has resulted in exactly zero fraudulent votes.

You'll hear that Donald Duck, Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy, Mickey Mouse and (new this year) the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team have all had fraudulent registrations submitted in their names. That's true. And we know this, why? Because Acorn told officials about it when they followed the law and turned in those registrations, flagged as fraudulent.

What you won't hear is that federal law requires anybody who does not register to vote in person at the county office to show an ID when they go to vote the first time. So, unless Donald Duck shows up with his ID, he won't be voting this November.

So, unless somebody has a valid ID that says that they are the Dallas Cowboys football team, they don't get to vote under that voter registration even if it does somehow pass threw the election officials scrutiny.

And why are the republicans so upset?

The only actual crime here is that Acorn managed to register some 1.3m low-income (read: Democratic-leaning) voters over the past two years. The rest is, pretty much, just made up.

But in the bloody and desperate trenches of the Republican war on democracy, that's more than enough to kick in a last minute surge of lies ...

I'm not condoning what some of their employees are doing, allowing people (or doing it themselves) to fraudulently fill out voter registration cards, but they are being culled out and that's why we are hearing about them.

And even if they do get past ACORN and the election officials, unless somebody has a valid ID card to go along with the voter registration card, the card can't be used.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here's a little something from ACORN.

Bogus "Voter Fraud Charges" Aim to Camouflage Voter Suppression
=22383&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12340&cHash=ef14f35f55]Bogus "Voter Fraud Charges" Aim to Camouflage Voter Suppression
(for some reason the link isn't working correctly, click on the link above, then click on PRESS, and then you'll find the name of the article)

Key Facts:

1. In order to help 1.3 million people register to vote, we hired more than 13,000 registration assistance workers. As with any business or agency that operates at this scale, there are always some people who want to get paid without really doing the job, or who aim to defraud their employer. Any large department store will have some workers who shoplift.

2. Any large voter registration operation will have a small percentage of workers who turn in bogus registration forms, Their goal clearly is not to cast a fraudulent vote. It is simply to defraud their employer, ACORN, by getting a paycheck without earning it. ACORN is the victim of this fraud – not the perpetrator.

3. In nearly every case that has been reported , it was ACORN that discovered the bad forms, and called them to the attention of election authorities, putting the forms in a package that identified them in writing as suspicious, encouraging election officials to investigate, and offering to help with prosecutions. We are required by law to turn in all forms, but instead of just turning them in and figuring that it is the responsibility of the board of elections to figure out which are valid, we spend millions of dollars verifying that forms are valid, and then separate out those that are suspicious.

4. This has nothing to do with “voter fraud” – nothing at all to do with anyone trying to cast an extra vote. There has never been a single reported instance in which bogus registration forms have led to anyone voting improperly. To do that, they would have to show up at the polls, prove their identity as all first-time registrants must, and risk jail. The people who turned in these forms did so not because they wanted an extra vote, but because they didn’t care enough to make sure eligible people got to vote at all.

5. When a department store calls the police to report a shoplifting employee, no one says the department store is guilty of consumer fraud. But for some reason, when ACORN turns voter registration workers over to the authorities for filling out bogus forms, it gets accused of “voter fraud.” This is a classic case of blaming the victim; indeed, these charges are outrageous, libelous, and often politically motivated.

There is a lot more to this article than what I posted and it's well worth the read, including the link below!

ACORN Statement Regarding Las Vegas Voter Registration
=22381&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12340&cHash=79239ac0e2]ACORN Statement Regarding Las Vegas Voter Registration
(for some reason the link isn't working correctly, click on the link above, then click on PRESS, and then you'll find the name of the article)

It's always a good idea to look at both sides of an argument when accusations like this start flying, especially when it has to do with an election that has emotions running as high as this one.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thank you for the information.

Up to this point, I have not heard anything about having to turn in all registrations. It makes sense.

Again, I guess it just comes down to verifying voter fraud after the votes are cast.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here's a good video about ACORN's registration fraud and Obama's (and McCain's) connections to the organization.

Video

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
But they should be held accountable in a legal way for the disruption to the local authorities who are being burdened by this nonsense.
******SKIP******
I say there should be some form of recourse to prevent this garbage from happening in the future.

ACORN notifies the authorities what workers are turning in fraudulent voter registration cards and offer their help in prosecuting the workers who do this and then they fire the worker.

www.acorn.org...[tt_news]=22371&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12346&cHash=823956639e

While the vast majority of our voter registration canvassers do a great job, there have been several times over the past ten months that our Las Vegas Quality Control program has identified a canvasser who appears to have knowingly submitted a fake or duplicate application in order to pad his or her hours.

Anytime ACORN quality control staff has identified a suspicious application, we have separated that application out and flagged it for election officials. We turn any suspicious applications to election officials separately, along with a cover sheet identifying the nature of the problem and an offer to provide election officials with the information they would need to pursue an investigation or prosecution of the individual. (Note that civic organizations are required by law to turn over ANY signed voter registration applications even when they are known to have problems). We immediately dismiss any employees we suspect of submitting fraudulent registrations.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
As has been pointed out this is registration fraud --- not voter fraud. HUGE difference OP. And the attempts to tie this to Obama are shameful. Of course Obama wants these people registered. They have a higher likelihood to vote for him. I suppose if local Democratic offices help bus voters to the polls THAT would be voter fraud too?

These ACORN people are paid by volume. Some of them were 'curb-stoning'. This is a common problem with every kind of door-to-door operation. I managed a major survey program and had over 1,500 employees. We saw the same problems there.

These fraudulent registrations don't matter for jack. They can't vote. You need a valid address and a vaild ID to vote. This is just another attempt to hijiack the campaign. If only as much effort was spent trying to fiux the country.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Excellent video BH!

Two thumbs up!
Great find!

If people REALLY want to understand this whole ACORN fiasco, that 10 minute video is well worth watching!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
www.weeklystandard.com...

n addition to the savvy guerrilla marketing, the Squirrels have their own blog. And, the GOP is bolstering the message with a new site, ObamaAcornTree.com, which illustrates Obama's many connections to the group, including an endorsement from ACORN's political arm, numerous grants he steered to them throughout his career, and the $800,000 his campaign paid ACORN for get-out-the-vote efforts (and then tried to conceal in FEC reports).

there is where this problem is folk's.

obama's campaign gave 800k to acorn to get more voters ...

so technically they did pay for voter's in my book.

mcain didn't give them any money..nor did he get any of the thousands of thousand fake voters they got they was all democratic.
why is it hard to see my point?

i watch that video..that lady seemed awful bias toward obama..as in she never questioned any of his move's.
but how dare mcain sneeze. right
totally bias media right there.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
there is where this problem is folk's.

obama's campaign gave 800k to acorn to get more voters ...

so technically they did pay for voter's in my book.

mcain didn't give them any money..nor did he get any of the thousands of thousand fake voters they got they was all democratic.
why is it hard to see my point?

These are only "VOTERS REGISTRATION CARDS", these are not votes!

He donated money to ACORN to help low and middle class people to get out and vote, they can vote for whomever they choose! There is nothing that says these people, 1.3 million that ACORN helped get registered, are going to vote for Obama!

Nobody "GOT" the voters! American citizens "GOT" registered to vote!

Votes can only be cast by voters! Actual people with a valid ID!

"They was all" democrats? I'm not so sure of that, but I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of them were though, after all:

The Republican voter fraud hoax

The only actual crime here is that Acorn managed to register some 1.3m low-income (read: Democratic-leaning) voters over the past two years. The rest is, pretty much, just made up.

Low income people are the people the ACORN organization helps, and they tend to be Democrats.

Who is ACORN?

ACORN is the nation’s largest grassroots community organization of low- and moderate-income people with over 400,000 member families organized into more than 1,200 neighborhood chapters in 110 cities across the country.
******SKIP******
Voter participation: Since 2004, ACORN has helped more than 1.7 million low- and moderate-income and minority citizens apply to register to vote.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
That isn't the point if they wasn't used to vote with per say.
it's the fact obama campaign gave 800k ...80k of which went directly to Acorn to pay the worker's to get him false flag voters lol

And you DON'T find it funny all the fake registration card's where democrat?
i sure as heck do.

i do see your point they was not used to vote.
But at same time....the poll is based on registered voter's per state's democrat/republican ect...

obama for 80k got 1.3m fake voter's to give HYPE to his campaign..which made his poll's say he is winning even more to put Mcain on the offensive.
That's called money well spent... lol

Obama had a 4 point lead over Mcain...
wonder how many points obama actually has after all the acorn crap gets found and removed.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
And you DON'T find it funny all the fake registration card's where democrat?
i sure as heck do.

I haven't read that ALL of them were democrat! Source?

obama for 80k got 1.3m fake voter's to give HYPE to his campaign..

Where did you read that there were 1.3 million fake registration cards? I haven't read that anywhere yet!

I did read that in 2 years ACORN helped register 1.3 million voters though! So, you are saying that every single one of them is fraudulent?

If so I'd like to see the source!

Even some REPUBLICANS are now saying this whole thing with ACORN is being blown waaayyyy out of proportion by his fellow Republicans!

Crist: GOP May Be Exaggerating Voter Fraud

Florida's governor says his fellow Republicans may be exaggerating claims of voter fraud in the state.

Gov. Charlie Crist said Wednesday that he has confidence in Secretary of State Kurt Browning, who says there's only been a scattering of isolated incidents.

Crist said in the closing days of any campaign "there are some who sort of enjoy chaos." There may be more of that going on than fraud, he said.

The Republican National Committee and GOP presidential candidate John McCain have accused an activist group of fraudulently registering people in Florida and other states. It has focused on young people, minorities and others seen as more likely to support Democrat Barack Obama.

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have to wonder about the political acumen of those who require an organization such as ACORN to register them.

Anyone with enough intelligence to know the issues has the sense and volition to learn the responsibilities of voting, and doesn't need to be bribed with a cigarette or a dollar for their "signature". They will have done it (registered to vote) on their own, preferably on their 18th birthday.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary
After the crap the Republicans pulled in Florida in 2000 and Ohio & Florida in 2004, as far as I am concerned, anything the Democrats do, they are doing just to stay competitive with their fraudulent, Republican counterparts.

So, according to you, two wrongs make a right? That doesn't make any sense.

"The Republicans stole the 2000 and 2004 elections!! We have the right to steal this one!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join