Just How Bad is Mercury?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have always wondered about Mercury. My dad, as a child, collected Mercury from all sorts of things and still has a large jar full of it at his house. Of course he doesn't play with it now but as a child he poured it into his hands and played with it for hours.

I don't believe he had any side effects from it. What do you think?




posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Its pretty bad check out my thread and see if it helps you out a little bit. In children and infants through vaccines it can be pretty bad in adults it cause a VERY serious illness that many people die slowly from and very painful I might add. Ever heard of the Mad hatter from Alice in Wonderland, that was poking fun at mercury poisoning by hatmakers. Check that out mercury poison and hatmakers, its very interesting. My dad did the same thing and he had no side effects as well. Check out my thread to find out what happens to kids with mercury.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you still do not understand just email me and I will do my best to elaborate.

[edit on -05002008-10-14T19:31:54-05:00312008bAmerica/ChicagoTue, 14 Oct 2008 19:31:54 -0500, 1 by TheMythLives]

[edit on -05002008-10-14T19:33:07-05:00312008bAmerica/ChicagoTue, 14 Oct 2008 19:33:07 -0500, 1 by TheMythLives]



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Does the phrase " Mad as a hatter " mean anything to you?

Mercury was used in a process of forming hats.


Mercury used to be used in the making of hats. This was known to have affected the nervous systems of hatters, causing them to tremble and appear insane.


www.phrases.org.uk...

Hear is a list of potential medical issues:


Heart problems Heart/chest pains - Arythmia (irregular beat) Angina Tachcardia (heart racing) Heart murmur Low blood pressure Abnormal EKG Endocarditis Partial heart block High blood pressure Heart attack Unexplained elevated serum triglyceride Unexplained elevated cholesterol Skin Problems Unexplained rashes Excessive itching Red flushes of color Rough skin Acne (pimples)


www.mercury-poisoning-symptoms.com...

Mecury is deadly.

Peace



Snipped long quote

[edit on 11/10/2008 by Badge01]



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have always heard that its pretty bad for you. However as a kid I used to always break thermometers on purpose dump the mercury into my hand and play with it. That always drove my mom crazy as she got tired of buying new thermometers all the time.

As far as I know I havent had any side effects from it. Perhaps though playing with that mercury is the reason I am sitting here wearing a tinfoil hat reading up on the latest conspiracies


My mom told me that she did the same thing as a kid and as far as I know she hasnt had any side effects either. Of course that is not to say that others wouldnt. Knowing the dangers now I certainly would not recommend playing with it.

Too many risks.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
As far as I know I havent had any side effects from it. Perhaps though playing with that mercury is the reason I am sitting here wearing a tinfoil hat reading up on the latest conspiracies



I am so laughing at that response....LOL

Peace

[edit on 14-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk
 


I don't think you should follow your dad's example and play with it if that's what you're asking.

Mercury is very very toxic, as others have said. It is also found at trace levels everywhere, including in our blood. There is no evidence that the "trace" levels of mercury left in vaccines prepared with thimerosal but from which the thimerosal has been removed has any negative effects whatsoever.

But wasn't it a blast to poke at it and watch it skittle across the floor and wobble slightly



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I, too, dumped out mercury and played with it on my school desk for days!
Mercury might be the cause of my junior high math problems.

Either:

It's in the time I spent playing with it and lessons lost.
It's in the hands absorbing the heavy metal goodness and ruining my brain.

Realistically the hands are an unlikely point of absorbtion but if you had open cuts you might not be alive or sane enough today to respond to this post.

Generally it would have little effect on the palms of your hands, without cuts or broken calluses.



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hmm... I never did the thermometer thing, but I do remember helping my dad cast lead army figures... hehe... forget eating paint chips, I played with moulten lead.



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Mercury is very dangerous if you eat it, breath in mercury vapors. You might be OK if it contacts the skin, as long as you clean and wash the affected area and don't suck on your fingers after touching it.

The vapors however may be slowly damaging you while you play with it. It's a poison, plain and simple. Not to be toyed with.

You can play with small amounts of uranium with no immediate effects, but over the long term you will be wishing you hadn't.



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
As far as I know I havent had any side effects from it. Perhaps though playing with that mercury is the reason I am sitting here wearing a tinfoil hat reading up on the latest conspiracies



I am so laughing at that response....LOL

Peace

[edit on 14-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]


I am glad I could brighten up your day! Or night, depending on where you are in the world.

Either way im glad I could make you laugh buddy!


Dusty



posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The cool thing is that those new fangled light bulbs that they want us to use in our houses instead of incandescent ones contain mercury. So, whatever you do, don't break one over your potato salad.



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I was another one of those kids who broke a thermometer (but, accidentally!), and spent FOREVER, it seemed, playing with the mercury on the bathroom floor...

...oooooh... look at it... shiney... ooooo... look at it come back together....aaaahhh......



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I believe there are non toxic, no mercury, liquid metals on ebay. I am not old enough to remember playing with Mercury



posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Its very bad, it can cause mental problems like Down's Syndrome, alzheimers, parkinson's etcetera. It is contained in vapour form in energy saving bulbs If you break an energy saving bulb the government advice is to leave the room for one hour, closing the doors. After that time vacuum the room twice with all windows open. I don't know what to do with the broken bulb.

Strip lamps also contains far more mercury than an energy saving one and a different procedure should be carried out.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join