It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work related stupidity!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What kind of idiots do you have to deal with at work? I work in the medical information department of Pfizer and receive correspondence in one of two ways: mail/faxes/email & phone calls. Since a lot of it is good for a laugh, I thought that I would share.

Best call ever
Once a woman called the department ranting about how the government was in league with Pfizer and had a plan to store medications in wells across the country in order to contaminate the population to rid America of ill people. She then went on to say how the FBI was following her son around because they thought that he had had alien contact. This went on for about twenty minutes without the chance for me to get a word in edge wise. The really funny part is that in the middle of the conversation she suddenly stopped and demanded that I �Pass the ketchup�. When I asked her to clarify, she screamed at me to pass the ketchup again and then continued ranting about conspiracies as if she had never paused.

Best mail ever
I just got this today and it is what reminded me of the earlier story. It was writen on a napkin.

Dear Sirs,
I have plans drawn up for immortality.I am asking 5 billion dollars for it. It would allow people to live young and free from disease forever. *Bla, bla bla!*

Why oh why do I always get the nuts!?!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Dear Sirs,
I have plans drawn up for immortality.I am asking 5 billion dollars for it. It would allow people to live young and free from disease forever. *Bla, bla bla!*

What are you sitting at the computer for, get this man his 5 billion! Hurry up man, people are dying because of your lackadaisical attitude!!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WHERE'S MY DAMN KETCHUP ????

I haven't gotten any calls quite like you have..............but I work at IBM and I have never in my entire life came across so many smart people who make so much money that have so little common sense. These folks can't even figure out how to change the toner in the copier or pull out a damn piece of paper that got caught up in the printer.....worse yet, the printers have a little scrren on the front of them that shows you where the jam is at....it's unbelievable

[Edited on 3/26/2004 by Venus]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I had a job as the Customer Service operator for a telemarketing company, and about 100 calls I received a day were people just swearing at me and complaining about how they hate telemarketers. The pay was real good, but that job didn't last very long for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
funny stuff...I can relate
while working a major cruiseline as a vacation planner for the big shots, I got a call from a very wealthy woman who seemed to be accustomed to getting her way... she demanded that when the ship stopped in La Havre (france) She wanted someone from the ship to go into Paris to pick up a dress she had ordered from a boutique. I told this silly woman that she would have to do it herself.. we don't offer personal assistants on the ship... plus...it's quite a distance from the port into Paris...Well that set her off, and she started to rant...blah..blah..blah, wanted to speak to the head of the company etc, etc,....anyways long story short....no one would comply with her request...so she booked a cabin for her housekeeper to come along so that she could go pick up the dress for her...i never found out if she got her dress or not.

Another woman called me and asked how many towels did she need to bring with her on the cruise?
for those who don't know...cruiselines and hotels provide their own hotels.

How about the couple who only drank Ensure and nothing else..... I had to arrange for cases of the stuff to be sent to ship ahead of time especially for them.

lots of more crazy cruiseline stories i could tell but i will refrain...oh but here is a good priceline.com story.

while working for them...i was supervisor...one of the phone workers had an irate customer who wanted to speak to the higher uppers.. the girl gave me the call... after introducing myself and asking how I could assist.. the man went off on me...screaming...He knows William Shatner is there and why the hell can't he take the call.

the world is full of nuts and sometimes i feel just like one of them.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You should hear the kind of crap I get from people who could not know less about real estate if their brains just up and stopped working.

(keep in mind that I live in a very expensive area of Virginia where the condos range up to 300,000.

I get a call from a 20 year old girl who is sick of living at her mom's house with her boyfriend, so they want to buy a house.

I say ok, how much do you two make (ballpark). They say total around 32,000.

~sigh~

She then goes on to tell me that her mom is sucking her dry with the rent she charges (so of course I ask how much). 400 dollars a month.

400 DOLLARS A MONTH. The won't even rent you a cardboard box in these parts. Government assisted apartments are around 900 a month.

They also tell me that she has bad credit and he has NO credit.

So of course I say that they can't do it. She gets pissed because She "doesn't like people to tell (her) what she can and can't do".

Of course being the short tempered guy I am go off on her (not really badly though) about how this is my JOB and I get paid (well) to know about THESE THINGS ALONE.

One of many my friends. One of many.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
while working for them...i was supervisor...one of the phone workers had an irate customer who wanted to speak to the higher uppers.. the girl gave me the call... after introducing myself and asking how I could assist.. the man went off on me...screaming...He knows William Shatner is there and why the hell can't he take the call.

Which ship was he phoning about ? - Enterprise ? :shk:

top topics

join