It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] tag the pro GFL/BGChild threads.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I also posted this on the ATS issues thread for the staff but I also wanted to get members' takes.

I would like to suggest that the minute it is October 15th across the International Date Line, all GFL prediction/proponent threads and especially the megathread, be assigned the [HOAX] tag in the title. They have all but highjacked ATS with their nonsense and arrogant certainty over the last few weeks, they deserve no better than the Isaac Caret threads.

When the time comes and nothing predicted happens the whole thing will be revealed as the HOAX that it is and a mere publicity stunt by BGChild.

Edit: Changed thong to thing.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I second that emotion.

It is getting kind of old, and if nothing happens.....well, hoax labeling is appropriate.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I also call "Shenanigans", and agree that those threads should be tagged.
And, when the next FOL/GFL "non-event" occurs, THOSE threads should be tagged right from the get-go.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't think they will put the [HOAX] tag on the big thread because they (the mods) have moved it to THE GRAY AREA.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

It doesn't matter, I counted at least 5 [HOAX] tags on threads on the Gray Area.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am also in favor of the hoax tag. ASAP

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Personally, I don't see why not..... I agree SD, I think if after the true timeline is expired and not a thing has happened, definitely tag it as a HOAX and let this thing be put to bed.

AB1

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I say that because of this disclaimer ATS put on that forum. [Quote] The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by miguelbmx]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

And I would agree with you if any of the OPs on those threads had shown any measure of humility or doubt.

But they did not!

Just proclamations after proclamations with nothing but absolute certainty.
The whole thing might as well be a poster topic for what a HOAX is.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As it has been previously pointed out, the Gray Area is for the following:

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Proof is not a requirement for this forum. Hope that clears things up.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would also agree with the HOAX title..
It deserves to be known as a hoax, as when I did a little research on this Goodchilds site..
It talks about book sales, and also as mad as it makes me she is offering readings for 80$ an hour.. But not over the phone, she will make a CD and sent it to you via mail...
What a bunch of crap!!! She makes 1 CD and pumps them out as if they are personal readings.. Each hour costs you 80$$

Oh but she offers healings for free!!
And her healing method is that of a said prayer before she goes to bed..

I must say this.. I still belive in something outside of this world.
But I have become a new born skeptic on many things..
I will never look at many of these things again the same.

I will from this day look upon these claims as baseless money making shams that only lead to the further downfall of man.

She now claims its just a message of love, and was suppose to bring people together.. And spread love.. Whatever.. Im getting so sick and tired of hearing that crap over and over again.
She played on many people hearts.. And for that she just made many of us belivers into true skeptics.
I will NEVER buy into another empty scam like this..
And I feel really sorry for anyone who sent this woman money.

And trust me, Lots of people SENT her money...
This is on the level of those preachers who get on TV and sell salvation at a price..

Let this be another lesson.. And learn from this and dont let this happen again here on ATS.. All this talk, and we all waited for this day.
And the day is not over yet.. But there is no ship, and there never was a ship.. NO project bluebeam, and no BS..
Its all a lie to sell books, and MAKE MONEY!!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Maria, I know what you are trying to do but the fact is that even in the Gray Area there have been threads deemed hoaxes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This, imho, without ANY doubt should belong to the same category.
A flagrant publicity stunt by some random psychic propagated and promoted here on ATS.

HOAX plain and simple, no matter what forum.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I also would like these threads to be labeled [HOAX] as well.

I would also like to say that these threads should be looked at with more scrutiny in the future. It's shameful that so many members were suckered into posting in these threads. Even to call out the hoax for what it was. What a waste of all of our times and peoples efforts.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
When the time comes and nothing predicted happens the whole thongwill be revealed ....

this is a family friendly site and if it is revealed, I will ban the offender.

with regards to the GFL not showing up, is it a hoax? think about it for a second. some woman claims she channelled aliens who told her they were coming. maybe they couldn't make it. maybe there was traffic, maybe someone got sick so they postponed their trip.

did anyone really buy into the claim?

if we do tag it with the hoax tag, should we ban everyone who posted a 10/14 thread? there were quite a few of them. hell, there were a couple that had titles like "I just sneezed (Oct 14 related)."

should everyone who tried to link their story to this claim be banned as well?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
As it has been previously pointed out, the Gray Area is for the following:

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Proof is not a requirement for this forum. Hope that clears things up.

But I thought the Gray Area was for personal experiences?

Nobody has had a personal experience in this thread. In fact I think this thread exemplifies the total LACK of personal experience.

I agree that SkunkWorks should get a new resident in a few hours.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
HOLY crap.. go outside.. jesus it's here. I'm in LOS ANGELES.... HUGE massive thing in the sky!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I shall correct the thong thing.

How about this. Just put the HOAX tag on the principle thread on the subject, the one that is now on its 23..th page.

That should suffice as a frame of reference for anyone wishing to bring her and this topic back up in the future.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I do not think it should be tagged a HOAX because she thought they were coming and they didn't. A whole bunch of us had a good ole time with this whole thing. Many people were point HO's and they know who they are, making any darn thread and attaching that date.

But hey tag whatever you like, any way you like, label away.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

if we do tag it with the hoax tag, should we ban everyone who posted a 10/14 thread? there were quite a few of them. hell, there were a couple that had titles like "I just sneezed (Oct 14 related)."

Absolutely. Not only ban them but make them pick up garbage along the roadside for a period of time as well. THEN make them spell check LOLCats!

That would learn em

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I believe it should be tagged Hoax;

A Predicition was made, as someone else stated, with absolute certainty. It wasn't until the day before that they started back tracking.

Someone appears to have made money off of this, Is this really what ATS is about? Promoting extravagent stories so people can make the good ol dollar?

It wasn't related to personal experience, its not unproven....its proven false. Thats where the line should be drawn!!

/.02

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join