It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio executes man who argued he was too fat to die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ohio executes man who argued he was too fat to die

news.yahoo.com

LUCASVILLE, Ohio - Ohio executed a 5-foot-7, 267-pound double murderer Tuesday who argued his obesity made death by lethal injection inhumane.

Richard Cooey, 41, had argued in numerous legal challenges that his weight problem would make it difficult for prison staff to find suitable veins to deliver the deadly chemicals, a problem that delayed previous executions in the state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Look I have mad IV skills by the nature of my job. Getting an IV in this sicko would be no more difficult than finding a vein on a chunky dehydrated 3 year old. What these scum will do and say to prolong thier miserable lives is beyond me :shk:

I fail to understand why they do not place a central line or a pICC line in these animals. It would solve alot of problems incuding faster drug delivery to put them down.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hes gone it over with ... Im from ohio, and he is a double murder suspect .. justice was served.

To do something so sinister and have no regrest, then want compassion when your at your death bed is stupid.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I guess he was wrong after all

Not a one line post

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

Yeah exactly:

"He still would not apologize and still would not accept responsibility for what he did," she said.
"

Wonder if his team of lawyers feel any regret for the real victems here :shk:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Another thing: He gained 75 pounds in Prison? They need to cut back to the minimum ADA calorie requirements. If he get too fat I don't want my tax dollars paying for the consequences of his obesity.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Not a one line post

was that at me?

Im not much for words

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
(PROCLAIMATION)

Let it be known, that from this point forward, NO MAN will EVER be thought of as TOO FAT to execute!
---------------------------------------------------------------

On-topic and less flippant- THAT is one I have not heard used yet. Too fat to administer IV Lethal Injection. They'll try something else next time, I guess.

I have no real political stance on the death penalty. I look at as- if you know that the crime you commit is punishable by execution, you waive the right to fight it. It's a decision the committor (sic?) of the crime makes, regardless what the punishment for doing so is.

Cuhail

[edit on 10/14/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGSPatriot

Not a one line post

was that at me?

Im not much for words

No man...just covering my own butt

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

was that at me?

No, dude...

One line posts are a no-go here...

And you don't have to be much for words, if the words you utilize get your point across...

To the OP:

You get what you give...peace out overweight dude!

[edit on 10/14/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The lawyers for this man should have been strapped down and IV'ed too. This was a hateful man who didn't feel any remorse for what he did to those college students. It's a shame that these lawyers will do anything to get paid. These lawyers show no remorse for defending such an animal and go on about their business until another monster comes along. They call it " state sanctioned murder for killing Cooey, so what do you call what he did to those innocent kids

I would of rather saw him die an agonizing, painful death and wish they would of missed his veins altogether when he was injected. I'm so glad he's dead and the parents of the victims have closure. Do prolong his execution because of his weight was so wrong. You know; sometimes we have to improvise when things like this happen and the courts should have said, " A bullet will do fine".

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

he is a double murder suspect ..

suspect?

i'm assuming hes more than just that

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
replace too fat with "not ready" and he would have been speaking the truth.

what comes around goes around...

Edit post for some more logic

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

To do something so sinister and have no regrest, then want compassion when your at your death bed is stupid.

Sometimes that's when it really hits people, the finite reality of life, right before their death... and they have an awakening to everything they've done and everything they'll leave behind, but some people, given a second and third chance, also do not change. We can't take a chance on evil. C'est la vie.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They could have solved this very easily without it even making the news if all states would just adopt a Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal style execution strategy. Have spaces on the wheel for lethal injection, electrocution, firing squad, hanging, gas chamber, and any other method we can get past the liberal numbskulls that cry over the cruel and unusual execution methods used against these subhuman animals, and a spin of the wheel decides the fate. If he's too fat for lethal injection, keep spinning until you land on something else. Problem solved.

Execution, much like war, has become far too kind and gentle. If their crimes were violent and caused suffering of the innocent, then they most certainly should experience the same.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Too fat to die? I wonder if his lawyers were behind the "too big to fail" bailout companies?

I suppose if Ohio had chosen hanging as a means of execution they would have argued the rope might break instead of saying the needle might miss.

I have never heard of this case until it showed up here. But with the article referanced and 5 minutes of research, I believe the world is better with this guy out of it. No matter your view on the death penalty one must agree that evil should be stomped out by all means.

Speaking of evil, this guys lawyers seem to fit the bill as well. Granted, everyone should have the right to the best defense legally available, especially when the death penalty is involved. With that said, these people, after their client was dead clammor about how the state murdered him. Get over it, you lost. Had they won, they would have rejoiced by saying the American legal system worked in this case and this man was justly pardoned from death row.

You cant have it both ways. Either the system works and you must accept victory with defeat or it is broken. In that case why are you a lawyer?

A bad man died and a group of defense attorneys showed their true colors in this case, one can only hope they get what they deserve as well.

new topics

top topics

join