It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

search problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
for some reason on the new search engine if I put in say my user name it returns random post from febrary but never shows my post.

I am not sure but if I put anything in it seems to return the same results, stating it is showing all post but only shows from early feb to late feb.

Any thoughts? Can anyone else bring up their own post with search?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The boolean search is designed to find posts with specific content. Use the "Find Posts" button below one of your posts for the easiest methods to locate all your recent posts.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks! I was just so used to doing it the old way.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You know it still does not work.
I went in and entered some items from a thread today. The only results it pulled up were form stories in january and february, and I could not even find those words in the articles.

So I tried again, pulling for example hamas bomber 800 referencing an article today.

I got the same list of results. I tried other words and I always get articles from Jan and Feb but nothing newer.

Not sure what is wrong, what I am doing wrong but I cannot search before posting, today I saw an article that I know was posted a few days ago (on the Hamas calling for 70,000 bombers). The new article is posted today but the old one had the same story with a lot of info if I remember and I was trying to find it...

Anyway if you have thoughts or have found it to work, let me know.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would like to say...

I don't like the new search engine. Not one bit.

How do I hate thee, let me count the ways:

1. I'm limited to 100 returns - thereby nurturing the duplication of older post topics.

2. You're fickle as a five-fingered ferret. Try this search:

req - "oil"

hit enter

not a damned thing. Be gone you vial beast!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Or try this one, which I'm needing to work right now.

affection or affections

that should produce a return of a thread I created.

nope - no return at all.

pooey!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sometimes it works... you almost have to be very spedific, to the point of quoting the posts...

So, I've gotten in the habit of also using the old search on BTS.

top topics

join